Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default What's the worlds record for 1-70?

...cause I did it in 1 day 1 hour and 40 minutes.

Was going to say that due to RaF 1-61 taking you 2 minutes, and the recent nerf for 60-70 xp requirements, that this record means jack shit now...oh, guess I DID say it lol.

I'd say though that being the first guy to make it to 70 did it in 22 hours, take away 60-61 cos you can RaF it so make it 20 hours 2 mins would be a good time to get it in. You got 25 hours 40 mins. Not too bad i suppose.

PS: Screenshot or it didn't happen.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Pre-RAF 1-60 was taking less then a day using the athene method. I'd say a boxer could boost a single character to 70 with RAF in 21-22 hours /played.
    glo.......80 Prot Pal.....deathglo....80 DK..................
    globee...80 Ele Sham...deafvader..80 DK....Alliance side..
    glocee...80 Ele Sham...darfvader...80 DK...LightningHoof..
    glodee...80 Ele Sham...sithknight..80 DK.......................
    glostyle..80 Res Sham..deathvader.80 DK........................

Athene used that method to hit 70, Not 60

What's the Athene method?

EDIT: NM, I discovered google and it provided the answer. He had a lot of help and was simply tagging tons of mobs while others mowed them down. He was also being boosted through instances. I'm guessing if anyone wanted to break his record that a boxer could do it.

I highly doubt it...His method was nerfed

Just posting this for info, since this Athene method method was patched to no longer work as of Patch 2.4.2. The player being powerleveled will now receive the same experience as if getting leveled in a group with a level 70.

How he did that
    You need a high level Mage, a high level Paladin and the lowbie character you want to powerlevel.
    1. All three group up and enter an instance (preferably one that is a consider number of levels above the lowbie character's level)
    2. The Paladin runs through the instance picking up all the mobs (and Holy Shocking to heal themselves)
    3. The Paladin pulls the mobs back to the start of the instance
    4. The Mage leaves the group
    5. The Paladin AoEs them down to 20% health
    6. The Paladin leaves the instance
    7. The Mage finishes them off (before they are ported out by the 1 minute timer)
    8. The lowbie character gains the same amount of XP they would have gained if they had inflicted the 80% damage.

Quote Originally Posted by 'valkry',index.php?page=Thread&postID=144864#post1 44864
    http://img353.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8224710ee9.jpg

To get from 60-70... In Steamvaults, I just kick the Paladin from the group, have him AoE and mow the rest down w/ my shaman team. 3000 XP per kill (6000 XP rested).

I could have done it a lot faster...had I not gone to get the Jenkins title and other dumb time consuming things...(like chasing horde around the map) I wasn't actually trying to get this done fast... When I got to 70, friends were asking my /played. They googled the worlds record for 1-70, and found 1 day 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Farleito',index.php?page=Thread&postID=144968#pos t144968

Quote Originally Posted by 'valkry',index.php?page=Thread&postID=144864#post1 44864
    http://img353.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8224710ee9.jpg

To get from 60-70... In Steamvaults, I just kick the Paladin from the group, have him AoE and mow the rest down w/ my shaman team. 3000 XP per kill (6000 XP rested).

I could have done it a lot faster...had I not gone to get the Jenkins title and other dumb time consuming things...(like chasing horde around the map) I wasn't actually trying to get this done fast... When I got to 70, friends were asking my /played. They googled the worlds record for 1-70, and found 1 day 2 hours.
    Ok let me see if I have this straight. You would kick the paladin from the group have him do a single pull. Kill with 4 of your shamans and then readd him to the group to prevent him from getting booted from the instance. And finally rinse and repeat. Assuming this is correct how far did you go into the instance before you decided to reset?

My Grandfather did it in 70 years!!! :P
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]