Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Pros and cons of incorporating a level 70 in a level 60 group ?

Hi,

I am still in my RAF period, levelling 5-men groups. I started a group of 5 hunters. At level 53, I incorporated a level 53 druid I already had to act as a healer. Now I have this other hunter, level 70, that I want to keep on playing (mostly so that I don't lose her professions), so I will incorporate her in my 4xhunters+druid group.

I have two options :

- Swap the level 70 hunter as soon as the group hits Outland (that is at level 60, I won't go sooner)
    - Level everybody to 70 and then swap her.

I know having a level 70 in the group will somehow reduce the XP the lowbies will get from kills. But having a level 70 in the group will allow them to do more/sooner instances which makes a lot of XP and gear. Also, a level 70 hunter in the group might make other high levels players think twice before trying to gank my group (RP/PVP server), but that's not good enough a reason to gimp my levelling.

Any advice ?

when your team gets to about 62, I would multibox the hunter along with the group (but leave him out of the group).

If your group kills a mob that is green to the 70 they will still receive the full xp as if the hunter wasn't there.

So mobs should die quicker.

Bring the 70 into the group for instance runs.
    Team: Feral Druid, 3 Ele Shaman, 1 Resto Shaman

Gimp Team: 4 paladins(13) and a DK(80)
    Kierlay,kierlee,kieree,kierla and Karatesh

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fef',index.php?page=Thread&postID=142764#post1427 64
    (that is at level 60, I won't go sooner)
    That used to be the smart thing to do because you usualy got just enough xp to get you to 62 before going to Zangarmarsh - sometimes you had to grind a small bit to get there. But since bliz dropped the xp required for each level 60-70 you will have no problem getting to 62 even if you go at 58.

FYI

Quote Originally Posted by 'shaeman',index.php?page=Thread&postID=142773#post 142773
    when your team gets to about 62, I would multibox the hunter along with the group (but leave him out of the group).

If your group kills a mob that is green to the 70 they will still receive the full xp as if the hunter wasn't there.

So mobs should die quicker.

Bring the 70 into the group for instance runs.
    If the OP is in the same situation I am like I think he might be, the original 70 is probably on one of the hunter accounts which would mean leaving one hunter behind to play the 70 as well.

Im in the same situation except I have a 70 boomkin druid that I want to swap in for a shaman. I have decided to play my original team up to 70 though, thats 4 shamans and a pally, then switch the druid in for a shammy.

My thoughts behind this are that I dont want to leave 1 shaman at lvl 63 which would basically be useless to me. Also my druid has done most of the quests already which means there wouldnt be any major monetary gains from bringing the druid. Im also skipping instances till I hit 70 mainly because its far quicker to quest up. Although Im still very tempted to bring in the druid because it will be my final make-up. It benefits me more in the long run to have the last shaman at 70 as a reserve should I ever want to switch the druid out again (Yes I know Id have to get him to 80 still but 70-80 is better than 63>80).

The other thing is that mobs probably couldnt die any quicker even with a 70 tagging along as its only 1 round of lightning bolts = dead mob. As far as putting other 70's off attacking me, I was ganked and camped by 3 70's in S2 gear at lvl 62 and I managed to res under their noses and kill all 3. I cant react to being attacked very fast yet as Im not used to it, but if I am sitting there waiting to res I can figure out the exact combination of keys I need to press to get out of the situation

Quote Originally Posted by 'Hàrem',index.php?page=Thread&postID=142791#post14 2791
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Fef',index.php?page=Thread&postID=142764#post1427 64
    (that is at level 60, I won't go sooner)
    That used to be the smart thing to do because you usualy got just enough xp to get you to 62 before going to Zangarmarsh - sometimes you had to grind a small bit to get there. But since bliz dropped the xp required for each level 60-70 you will have no problem getting to 62 even if you go at 58.

FYI
    But, with RAF you go from 58-60 doing the cauldron quests in WPL, in an hour. You are usually also under geared, while not that big of a deal for a boxer it will slow things down. Get to 60 then hit the outlands use all that big XP for the longer road to 70. You will be a little stronger and have better surviveability. If you do not have RAF, I would agree get to outlands as soon as you ding 58.

As to the orginal post, wait till the mobs are green to the 70, then rotate him in like suggested above.

Having leveled 6 different teams up from 0-70 with RAF, here's my take:

From levels 1-60 if you have a 70 available, use it. (Best PLers: Hunter from 1-20 for Aspect of the Pack speed and one-shot kills, Prot pally from 20-45 in SM then 45-60 in Strat) This should cut your leveling time by 2/3 (you can get 3 teams of 4 toons PLed to 60 in the time it would take to get one team of 5 to 60 in my experience - I've done it both ways).

From levels 60+, a 70 doesn't help much. Might speed things up by 5-10% - definitely not worth losing another level 70 toon at the end.
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden