Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Default Macros Calling Macros

What I want to do is come up with a cast sequence that will dps a target and heal another target. I know you can't switch targets with one marco but could you setup 2 macros

dpsMac "/tar focus /cast lightning bolt"

healMac "/tar Tank /cast healing wave"

Alltogether mac "castsequence dpsMac,dpsMac,healMac"

Would that work?
    [spoiler][/spoiler]Shaone,Shatwo,Shathree,Shafour,Shafive
    <Zero Tolerance>
    Level: 70
    Server: Azgalor
    Race: Orc / Blood Elf

tons of macros on the wiki.. please check there.

I don't think it's possible to execute, with a macro, execute another macro. It would be considered botting and therefore I think Blizzard removed that function.

but something liek this maybe(consider this pseudo-code);
    /cast [nomodifier, target=focustarget, harm] Bolt; [modifier: Shift, target=tank, help] Heal

I don't think it's 100% since I haven't used [modifier] myself, but it should cast Bolt unless you are holding shift while pressingthe macro.

The hopes was to put this dps/heal macro on a clone but I figure if I use my main I might be able to get away with /castrandom.

spamMac: /castrandom lightning bolt,greater healing wave

if I understand castrandom correct it will only goto the valid options. So If I have a harm selected it should shoot it with a lightning bolt. If i select my tank then it should cast a greater healing wave.
    [spoiler][/spoiler]Shaone,Shatwo,Shathree,Shafour,Shafive
    <Zero Tolerance>
    Level: 70
    Server: Azgalor
    Race: Orc / Blood Elf

There's a way to do it though it's a little crude, I think it's something along the lines of ClickButton, you can make a macro click a specific button at a specific location on a specific taskbar. If that button happens to house another macro I would think you could chain macros this way.

Check out Zorba's thread here , he did some stuff with macros nesting through buttons that way I think.

And you can do all kinds of crazy things with Macaroon these days, I have a lot of learning to do still.

i believe...

/click actionbutton#

where # is the number for the action button you want to press. i believe this is a left click, unless otherwise noted.
    if you can get a script to press several macros keyed to different action buttons on your action bar, then that's one way to do it.
    i've seen something like this mentioned somewhere last year and do not know the exact source, or know how to configure it properly.

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Schwarz',index.php?page=Thread&postID=140879#post 140879
    spamMac: /castrandom lightning bolt,greater healing wave

if I understand castrandom correct it will only goto the valid options. So If I have a harm selected it should shoot it with a lightning bolt. If i select my tank then it should cast a greater healing wave.
    Some suggested this on another thread, but it doesn't work that way. Castrandom CAN pick a spell that is on cooldown even if another spell is available. I tested it last night with holy shield, AS, and judgement (long cooldowns, easier to test). I had as many as 4 clicks in a row where one of the spells was available but the macro picked one on cooldown and I got the "spell not ready" error. /castrandom can still be effective, but you have to mash the hell out of the button.

It sounds like you want to do something like:

Code:
    /castsequence [target=focus]dps spell, [target=tankname] heal spell
    But I don't think that works (not home to try it). If I recall, modifiers have to be at the start of the sequence only (therefor you could only have a single target).

There's a way to do it though it's a little crude, I think it's something along the lines of ClickButton, you can make a macro click a specific button at a specific location on a specific taskbar. If that button happens to house another macro I would think you could chain macros this way.
    Yes, you can chain macros together by using /click and putting different macros on the buttons ... but you can't put the /click in a /castsequence, and you can't cast multiple spells by chained /clicks (it would work the same as putting multiple /cast for GCD spells in one macro, the first one met would be used and rest ignored).

However, I think the following would work for what you want, if you can use multiple /click in a single macro (again, not home to try it). It might also fail if the first sequence is hit and the comma in the second one gets ignored, you'll just have to experiment.

Macro A:

Code:
    /click Button1
    /click Button2
    Macro on button 1:

Code:
    /castsequence [target=focus] dps spell,
    Macro on button 2:

Code:
    /castsequence [target=tankname] ,heal spell
    Note the comma in each sequence. If both /click will fire in the same macro, it *might* work since the empty spell (comma) doesn't trigger the GCD.

How to get the name of the button to /click:

1. Position your mouse over the button you want to click from a macro.

2. Paste the following in your chat box:

Code:
    /script Message( GetMouseFocus():GetName() );
    3. Use the name that appears in the popup window after your click statement:

Code:
    /click FrameNameFromStep2

I had much the same thoughts for my second shammy to support the lead melee shammy in my two box setup. I wanted her to do a little damage to the target, but to throw an occassional heal spell on the melee/tank.

Now the above mentioned "modifier" solution might work, but you still have to hit that modifier. The other suggestion to use [harm] and [help] modifiers means that you have to change your target constantly. I also found in testing that putting both these in one statement ended up with me casting the harm spell until the enemy died, and then casting the heal spell...

I was really looking for a spam solution. What I came up with was to use two /castrandom spells: 1) attack and 2)heal_tank. By putting multiple commas(,,,) at the end of the /castrandom statement, you are basically telling it to have a couple options of "doing nothing", which lets the first /castrandom attack statement do nothing, and allow the second /castrandom heal_tank statement execute because the first one didn't reset the global cooldown giving you a "spell not ready". Keep in mind that you are using the RNG, so it might actually have instances of "doing nothing" for both statements, but I just look at that as a mana saver! LOL

Trying to do a /castrandom [harm] spell1, spell2, spell3, [help] lesser healing wave ???
    Kilrogg-US:
    2x80 shammies (robshammya/robshammyb), 80 druid/80 rogue (Anglesey/Whatchadoo), 80 Hunter/80 Shammy(Huntrchic/Crynomoor), 2x81 pallys(Robpallya/Robpallyb)

Actually something much more simple appears to work ... I just tested this:

Code:
    /castsequence [nomod] reset=target Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,
    /castsequence [nomod,target=phara] reset=target ,,Healing Wave
    And the net effect was my shaman would cast 2x LB on his target, then cast 1x healing wave on me, and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by 'phara',index.php?page=Thread&postID=140983#post14 0983
    Actually something much more simple appears to work ... I just tested this:

Code:
    /castsequence [nomod] reset=target Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,
    /castsequence [nomod,target=phara] reset=target ,,Healing Wave
    And the net effect was my shaman would cast 2x LB on his target, then cast 1x healing wave on me, and repeat.
    Interesting. I didn't really think this would work. Hafta try this on one of my groups tonight.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)