Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Best AV Ever last night

So I haven't really played my Shamans at all since 3.0 other than to spec them into ele/enhance (instant ghost wolf is so awesome). I've been doing SSO Dailies but thats about it, opting instead to level my priest+lock team to 70 (65.5 right now).

Last night I was doing the SSO dailies and decided I wanted to PvP a little bit, so I joined an AV game. At the beginning of the game (as usual) people started commenting "OMG Multiboxer" and "how is he controlling 3 guys?" (3? Way to count, try 5). Anyway, one guy said "I don't care as long as he kicks ass". LOL

My gear is rather pathetic as I mostly stopped playing the shamans right after I hit 70 to do my lock team, so I'm basically in 5pc blue PvP set and then quest greens/blues. Haven't bought any honor gear yet. Anyway, AV was AWESOME. A few people said "Lets stop them at Galv and push from there", which is usually a sound tactic. I was on my way to galv when the guy that went to D first said "Ok we're good on D now, everyone else push O". So, since I wasn't at Galv yet I decided to just swing O and push as hard as I could.

Went straight to balinda, solo'd her while the rest of the team was capping SHGY, SHB, and IWB. We basically got all 4 objectives at the same time which was great, but this is where the awesome part started.

I ran up past IWB and was getting ready to head to SP. Well, D had done a really good job at galv and basically the alliance's entire offense was respawned at SPGY and heading back up towards SH, right when my 5 shamans and about 10 other horde were rushing down the hill past IWB. Between my chain lightnings, the rest of the horde, and the ally's being confused as hell as to why there were so many of us right there, we kept annihilating wave after wave of them without hardly losing anyone on our team. We did so well in fact that we kept slowly pushing them back to SP, even though there was only 20 of us and 40 of them, until we capped SP, kept pushing them back, managed to push them all the way back across the bridge, all the way to AS. At this point we have ALL of our bases in tact, and we've taken over all of theirs except AS and DB South Bunker. They have about 150 reinforcements left, we have 540 or so.

We took DB north and slaughtered them at AS for awhile until the game ended. Only around 900 honor (not including kills I assume?) but still, it was freakin' awesome. It wasn't altogether that long of a game either.

I have to say I felt like I was the major factor in our win. I had so many KBs it was ridiculous, and I only died a couple of times even though I was on the front line the entire time. Between chain heal, infinite mana with 5 mana spring totems and water shield, and random healing from other people on my team, I was nearly unstoppable. The only 2 times I died was a warrior with that blade spin attack where I couldn't thunderstorm him.

Either way I got a lot of multibox supporters after that AV, fortunately. I was really worried I would suck massively and everyone would QQ about how multiboxers make them lose Hopefully will get into another AV like that tonight!
    <Multiplicity>
    Blood Elf Death Knight, 4 Orc Shaman - Burning Legion Horde US (PvP)
    Ellianaa - Haachoo - Hachu - Hachuu - Hahchoo

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

Default RE: Best AV Ever last night

Quote Originally Posted by 'Hachoo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=140823#post1 40823
    Only around 900 honor
    only? o.O
    70|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|80
    70|xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX|80!!!
    Allai, Alaii, Allei
    , Aleii, Aliee
    <B A M F>
    Boulderfist-US
    YOU CANNOT RESIST MY MOONFIRE SPAM!

Considering I've gotten like 550 honor for a 15 minute game I'd say 900 for a 45 minute game isn't that great
    <Multiplicity>

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

the honor stated in All stats is now actually ALL honor you gain. So honor from killing included. Or that's my guess, since people with most HK's have a lot more honor gained then people with less and there are big differences between people, even if they joined all at the beginning.

Yeah I was near the top of the honor gained list...I also got all of my shamans the "Grim Reaper" achievement in that AV
    <Multiplicity>

Nice...but have you got the Alterac Blitz achievement yet? =P

We (a few friends of mine) did it on our first attempt. That was awesome!

When we announced it in the beginning, everyone was talking shit... "Yeah.. 6 minutes? In a pug.. keep dreaming" We got to Drek in about 3 minutes and pulled. Two well-geared tanks, 2 well-geared healers, 3 dps and me (x4). People kept talking crap as we were killing Drek... and we downed him in less than 6 minutes. The bg chat was spammed w/ "OMFG".

I've done the Alterac Blitz 6 times now. 24k prot warrior with me chain heal spamming under heroism = no one dying to whirlwind.

Oh yea, to the OP, I think you meant to say D did an alright job next to the really awesome Galv, cos he is OP as &#@% lol. hehe, but seriously, it only takes like a ret pally to wipe Alliance at galv. Truly, he 2 shots a few healers then bubbles and kills a dps or 2, while galv runs rampant, fearing whilrwinding, mortal striking, resetting.

Apart from that, gratz on the good AV, you will find it a lot easier to pwn when someone is healing you instead of having to heal yourself.

The BEST AVs though arethe races where both teams go past, cap 2 towers then destroy the general. Makes for a quick 9 minutes and 400 honour to the winner, and about 350 honour to the loser.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer