Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default New here, advice needed

Alright thought I'd give this a shot. Currently running 4 gigs of ram on a Dell XPS 710. I can run regular wow with graphics all the way at 60 FPS. Now I was wondering if I could run 3 characters on this computer at the same time giving they have different accounts.
    Also I have a lvl 70 main, but I'm not exactly the best leveler, is it a whole lot easier/faster with 2 other chars at your back? I'm guessing yes but just curious, also probably gonna be a whole lot easier come 2.3 tommorow.

And finally anyone have good ideas for dual-box classes? I see shamans are popular.

"I can taste your fear, it's gonna lift you up and take you out of here" - Arcade Fire

Run your different wow accounts in window mode and use autohotkey. See my info in the sticky. or use keyclone also found in the sticky. As long as you have different accounts you can multi box.

Later tonight Im going to post step by step with screen shots how to set things up.

best way class for multi boxing is a main char (shaman/druid/pally/war) then support classes like a healer or ranged dps

Alright, thanks, looking forward for that tutorial

"I can taste your fear, it's gonna lift you up and take you out of here" - Arcade Fire

Hmmm, I'm not really much of a brain and I'm not quit sure how to set up Autohotkey. Keyclone looked a little simpler so might just get that instead.
    I really just want something simple since I'm only gonna run 3 accounts. I don't really understand all the script stuff on Autohotkey.

try this thread Cald.
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums2/viewtopic.php?t=1767

Shows you some steps on how to set up and get a general idea.

Ya auto hotkey is for people who understand scripting.

KeyClone does the same thing but in a way thats much easier to learn. I would suggest using his program if your just getting started its only 10$ and he supports his tool very well answered all my questions for me with in a few moments.

I would suggest you make 3 folders for world of warcraft. this way you dont have to re-trype your account name each time and you can have different settings and addons for each account.

On keyclone there is a do not pass list aka black list in that area there is an option for "white list" the difference between these two is that if you do not have it set to "white list" it will broadcast every single key on the keyboard. However if you use the "white list" and say you only want to pass keys 1 2 3 4 Q E F and the arrow keys then your 2nd and 3rd accounts will only get those keys passed to them when you hit the button. Very simple way to start triple boxing.

After a while you may want to learn how to make keymaps. This takes the tool to a whole new level. by allowing you to hit 1 key and send a specific command to a select account. makes sheeping and seducing or healing a select target much easier.

mxracer050 posted a good guide found here http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums2/viewtopic.php?t=1767

if you have any questions let me know.

Edit he beat me to it lol.

Alright thanks guys, so far I've made three dranei shammys. Created a /assist + /cast lightning bolt macro and a /follow macro. So far in the early stages everything is good except having to click for quests .
    Talking to guildees though and they said come next patch that this will create a fuss since it's a third party program. Any thoughts? they said that multi-boxing in arena is an unfair advantage and blizzard might ban it come next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cald
    Talking to guildees though and they said come next patch that this will create a fuss since it's a third party program. Any thoughts? they said that multi-boxing in arena is an unfair advantage and blizzard might ban it come next patch.
    Oh god! Really?!! We ARE ALL DOOMED! I guess your "Guildees" must work for blizzard? How long do we have do you think? Man... wonder if I can sell my equipment before then.

PANIC PANIC PANIC

Quote Originally Posted by The IT Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Cald
    Oh god! Really?!! We ARE ALL DOOMED! I guess your "Guildees" must work for blizzard? How long do we have do you think? Man... wonder if I can sell my equipment before then.

PANIC PANIC PANIC
    I love you IT monkey ! :lol:

Your Guildies are wrong. Multi-boxing is legit, Blizzard have said it is, they have also "more or less" said that the programs we are currently using don't break their Terms and Conditions.

As for Multiboxing in Arena's being unfair... Well, you must be a pretty poor arena team if you get stomped by one guy. A multiboxer will never be as good as 5 seperate well coordinated players. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule, Ellay for instance is doing pretty damn well with a friend helping out. Luck also plays a major part in arena's :-)
    Wilbur