Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: AoE boost!

Default AoE boost!

As a lot of you have heard we are getting an AoE boost, I thought I would share my thoughts what what to expect since I am a dev. in hiding.
    ... ok maybe i am lying... so what.

Well, because they want to boost Elemental AoE damage there is a chance they are going to reduce the CD on Thunderstorm because its so deep into the elemetal tree,but I doubt it, because it would almost make us immune to melee, unless they add a DR to the knock back effect but not damage. They could also boost its damage, which is good but I think they are thinking PvE AoE boost, so single big boom every 45 secs isn't going to really improve that. Threrefore if they boost the damage but do not drop the CD its decent at best for PvE AoE, but as for PvP I would not complain :P

If they do choose to boost our AoE damage via Thunderstorm, then I would suggest, boosting the damage, adding a damage over time equal to the the inital spell damage (or something like Lifebloom) or higher that scales with spellpower, And reducing the CD to 15s and changing the mana regen to %2. With a DR to the knockback effect, may keep it from being OP on a single character

What they are probably going to do is boost damage and reduce the cooldown on Fire Nova Totem. I hope.. I HOPE this the path they take, because if they choose magma totem damage boost its going to be lame and lame and lame :cursing: . The problem with boosting totems is that they are so shallow. I guess they can add it to Lava Flows.

Unless they take away warriors ability to spell reflect TS you can forget using it really. Once warriors are more familiar with TS and know how to expect it the chance of reflecting a 2k-3k AOE knockback on your entire team is just to high in my opinion. I can't find any blue post even acknowleding "yes we realize we just gave shamans the first reflectable aoe and we did intentionally fuck you over yet again, deal with it" its posted as a bug but I can't find any info anywhere of it being corrected. Having your 51 pt talent AoE KB reflected back on you and any friendly targets around you is f'n pathetic. Oh, and also enjoy having 4 of them reflected due to the latency issues with reflect, if you hit 4 ts's at once a warrior can reflect them all ... quiet frustrating. I like the enchancement hybrid build b ut if TS isn't fixed I forsee going back to 21 resto instead.
    Long time hydra ....
    Asynk, Bysnk, Cysnk, Dsynk
    <Illidan Server - US-Rampage BG top 5's rating 2321-S8>
    <Glory of the Hero complete x5(1/27/09]>

Retired- Conlaenn (6box)<Saryrn server - Everquest>

I am all about Sensationalism. No content, just cheap tricks, obvious I need attention ;(

Quote Originally Posted by 'mrmcgee21',index.php?page=Thread&postID=139005#po st139005
    Unless they take away warriors ability to spell reflect TS you can forget using it really. Once warriors are more familiar with TS and know how to expect it the chance of reflecting a 2k-3k AOE knockback on your entire team is just to high in my opinion. I can't find any blue post even acknowleding "yes we realize we just gave shamans the first reflectable aoe and we did intentionally fuck you over yet again, deal with it" its posted as a bug but I can't find any info anywhere of it being corrected. Having your 51 pt talent AoE KB reflected back on you and any friendly targets around you is f'n pathetic. Oh, and also enjoy having 4 of them reflected due to the latency issues with reflect, if you hit 4 ts's at once a warrior can reflect them all ... quiet frustrating. I like the enchancement hybrid build b ut if TS isn't fixed I forsee going back to 21 resto instead.
    There are tons of bugs blizzard havent commented because they most likley know about it already. Im pretty sure that its a bug because i see no reason why it shouldnt be since its the only aoe spell that gets reflected.
    Northrend Dungeon Hero - http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/129...1109203942.jpg
    PvP incomming in 3.1

Should edit your post title to say "Shaman AoE Boost" so people know which you're talking about. I was all excited about my mages getting an AoE boost.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)