Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Default Warlock - Demonology 60-70 after 3.0.2

Hello!

I'm about to start levelling my 3 x Warlocks from 60-70, planning on using a Demonology build simply cos the DOTs don't really get going before the mob dies so might as well just send in the Felguards to eat face.

Been looking at some builds last week post patch but because all the talent build tools on the web have been updated to 80, the old builds don't transfer correctly into them.

Could anyone recommend a Demonology build for level 60 and then suggest where I should put the remaining 10 points as I level up. Obviously it would be nice to take advantage of any new imba powers from the patch to speed up the levelling process.

Never been very good at maximising my talents, always been a bit of a cookie-cutter type so would appreciate it if anyone could help.

Thanks

Edit - I should probably add that, with the recent buffs to Voidwalker, I'd like to have a crack at 3 manning the dungeons a few levels below as I level up so anything necessary to buff him would be great.

Edit 2 - something like this for 60 but I could be way off if it's better to fill out some of the other trees before going for the meat of Demonology:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZ0gIzRgoVckgumo
    Level 80 - Strokemagnet (F Druid) / Stoatcakes (H Druid) / Awesomehorse - Cautionhorse - Portionhorse (Warlocks)

Level 60 - Elvisparsley (DK) / Chiveaid (Priest) / Chilliocean - Hammerthyme - Rickhashtley (DKs)

This looks pretty good to me. I'd skip metamorph tho, since I feel it's a "microing" talents/ability. Go for Imp. Shadowbolt and Bane (which you go for first doesn't really matter) after that.
    The problem now is that there is so many nice talents and so few points =)
    Currently not boxing, info below is not really relevant.

ProtPala+Elemental+Holy+Moonkin+Shadow
    Currently: Level 80+75*4
    Griznia, Leonina, Grizniaah, Leoninja, Grizniiah
    EU - Draenor - PvE
    5xFrostmages @ 45

Howdy.

I've specced my 4 lock team as full demo. With metamorph.

Metamorph is absolutely brilliant x4 when you pull a bunch of mobs onto your group...It has MASSIVE AOE.

Um, I have managed to 4 box, without a healer, Slave pens, UB, & Mana tombs from levels 64-68.

Felguards pump out some serious Tankage dps and health funnel is....well.... overpowered.

It is an absolutely blistering grinding spec. I couldnt recommend it enough to be honest. Its ez mode. Plain and simple.

And I'm in a rush to 70 :P
    Deeps crew: Prot Pally, 2 x Ele Shaman, 1 x Destro Lock, 1 x resto Shaman.

2 more locks, Ele Shaman and Priest all swapping in and out.

Boxing on Khaz'Goroth Server.

My main is a lock and prepatch I would have said no to demo spec.

But now due to the "durability" (would be the word I'd use) I would follow this also, I can clean up Rogues now without too much hassle, so your survivabilty is increased greatly, no to mention 4 felguards...

Gl and HF !
    Threeofme (RAF), Threeofmee(RAF), [s]Threeofmeei[/s] (Non RAF QQ)
    ........910.........20.........30.........40.........50.... .....60.........70.........80
    What do you mean "Read the instructions" ?

Hmm, does health funnel stop automatically when your pet is full?

Me thinks all you need to do is throw 2 dots, then just health funnel your pet until the mob is dead, with the 20% less damage, seems like a pretty damn good tank could be made even out of your imp :-)
    Stormreaver, Horde

1 Druid - 4 Shamans
    1 Pally - 4 locks

Personally I think this is the slow way to level.

Sure all your dots probably don't finish before the mob dies but so what? Dots are the KEY to leveling super fast.

Case in point I'm running a set of level 61 shadow priest + 4 locks right now.

I literally run into a group of mobs, put 1 set of dots on 6-8 mobs, cast 2 aoe fears, and all 8 of them die before they can get back to me.

I can do this 2-3 times before having to life tap or dark pact, and my cooldowns are up on AoE fears fast enough to keep doing it forever pretty much. Sorry but theres absolutely no way a demo lock is going to take down mobs nearly as fast when you have to single or double target a couple mobs to take them down.... I can just fire and forget. Also having drain life bonuses and interruption correction helps if I need to get my life back up fast.

I really thought about going demo but its just way too fast killing things with affliction x 4 (or 3 in your case).
    <Multiplicity>
    Blood Elf Death Knight, 4 Orc Shaman - Burning Legion Horde US (PvP)
    Ellianaa - Haachoo - Hachu - Hachuu - Hahchoo

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

Thanks for the advice, a lot of it I suspect is going to be a bit of a suck-it-and-see thing. Where I find my weaknesses I'll fill in points.

All great info, cheers for your opinions.
    Level 80 - Strokemagnet (F Druid) / Stoatcakes (H Druid) / Awesomehorse - Cautionhorse - Portionhorse (Warlocks)

Level 60 - Elvisparsley (DK) / Chiveaid (Priest) / Chilliocean - Hammerthyme - Rickhashtley (DKs)

I have written a guiide to leveling as affy. Affliction rocks to level. Especially on gathering quests which as a boxer we skip but...
    Generally what I do is I cast the three instanst dots and run onto the next mob and same thing. Next thing I know I have 8 mobs that I am killing at once. With 3 you would be a force to reckon with. To me that would be a better build then demo.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Momo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=137384#post137 384
    Howdy.

I've specced my 4 lock team as full demo. With metamorph.

Metamorph is absolutely brilliant x4 when you pull a bunch of mobs onto your group...It has MASSIVE AOE.

Um, I have managed to 4 box, without a healer, Slave pens, UB, & Mana tombs from levels 64-68.

Felguards pump out some serious Tankage dps and health funnel is....well.... overpowered.

It is an absolutely blistering grinding spec. I couldnt recommend it enough to be honest. Its ez mode. Plain and simple.

And I'm in a rush to 70 :P
    Though this is pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Momo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=137384#post137 384
    WoW. I had trouble in there with 4 locks and a holy priest pre-patch. I'll have to try that out. Should be instructive to see how they compare to the new hunter pets in Outlands.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)