Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default EXP-Question: How can i max out my powerleveling in the remaining RAF-Time?

Situation:
    • I have a 5-Box-Set of Shamans, currently almost Lvl. 60
    • RAF for the five linked accounts runs out on november 15th. 2008

I started diverse other boxsets:
    • 5 Druids - Currently Lvl. 21
    • 4 Mages/1 Pally - Currently Lvl. 18
    • 5 Rogues - Currently Lvl. 13
    • 5 Hunters - Currently Lvl. 18

I play the horde and i am quite good in setting up systems, questing through starting zones but where i am an absolute noob is when it comes to BOOSTING.

I noticed that when i replace 1 toon in my 5er-Shaman-Lvl.60 Setup with, lets say a rogue lvl 13 and then run wailing caverns, the rogues gets about 4 EXP per kill (outside the entrance in the cave...). RAF-Bonus is active.
    If he quits the group, but stays in the setup, i let him build up some aggro and then kill the mobs as fast as possible with the 4 remaining shamans, he gets bout' 130 XP. For the Rogue, the mobs are yellow or orange.

That does not seem to be the way to do it...How do i boost, and what is the theorycraft behind "EXP", with or without RAF?

Help greatly appreciated, suggestions welcome how to best spend my time. The goal is, once RAF runs out (of course beside WOTLK) to lvl from 60 to 70 in outland inkl. the instances there.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Server: Anachronos
    Guild: Horde Allstars
    Chars: Alot...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone else will confirm, but I"m pretty sure they removed the ability to RAF boost in 3.0.2... I heard multiple reports that an unlinked 70 was preventing 3x XP on the other 4 in the party - so you may as well just quest level them all to 60 unless someone else can debunk what I just said.
    <Multiplicity>
    Blood Elf Death Knight, 4 Orc Shaman - Burning Legion Horde US (PvP)
    Ellianaa - Haachoo - Hachu - Hachuu - Hahchoo

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

Quote Originally Posted by 'Hachoo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=136649#post1 36649
    Someone else will confirm, but I"m pretty sure they removed the ability to RAF boost in 3.0.2... I heard multiple reports that an unlinked 70 was preventing 3x XP on the other 4 in the party - so you may as well just quest level them all to 60 unless someone else can debunk what I just said.
    Yep,pretty much the case now. The only way I can see aound it would be to have two linked lowbie toons (need at least 2 for RAFbonus) attack mobs and have some high level hunters or lock's pets kill the mobs. That way you should get the full exp bonus for kills and quests....

Cheers,

S.
    The Zerg (Magtheridon - US)

Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.

I boosted Wednesday after the patch and was till getting the bonus xp. I was in Scarlet Monastary with 4 level 38 hunters (linked) and one 70 paladin not linked. I was surprised because I had expected it to be nerfed. I'll try again this week and confirm

worked this morning (boosting) so I can only assume you are "doing it wrong." You go in an instance with 4 LINKED (RAF) characters and one UNLINKED character. The unlinked character is your level 70 that just runs through the instance slaughtering everything. I was getting almost a level per pull(I pull half the instance) in RFC with my new warlock group this morning.

Ya know this question gets asked so often I feel like they should sticky a thread at top that is empty but title says, "BOOSTING STILL WORKS, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG."

yep it still works
    im in sunken temple right now
    70's not linked
    gettin 672 xp per kill on my RAF
    Smart like tractor

Quote Originally Posted by 'Multibocks',index.php?page=Thread&postID=136850#p ost136850
    worked this morning (boosting) so I can only assume you are "doing it wrong." You go in an instance with 4 LINKED (RAF) characters and one UNLINKED character. The unlinked character is your level 70 that just runs through the instance slaughtering everything. I was getting almost a level per pull(I pull half the instance) in RFC with my new warlock group this morning.

Ya know this question gets asked so often I feel like they should sticky a thread at top that is empty but title says, "BOOSTING STILL WORKS, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG."
    I don't boost, however I had heard from at least 2 people since 3.0.2 that they did this exact scenario, 4 linked characters, and 1 completely unlinked 70, and weren't getting triple XP, so thats why I relayed that information with the disclaimer that someone else might correct me.
    <Multiplicity>
    Blood Elf Death Knight, 4 Orc Shaman - Burning Legion Horde US (PvP)
    Ellianaa - Haachoo - Hachu - Hachuu - Hahchoo

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

Quote Originally Posted by pengster
    I noticed that when i replace 1 toon in my 5er-Shaman-Lvl.60 Setup with, lets say a rogue lvl 13 and then run wailing caverns, the rogues gets about 4 EXP per kill (outside the entrance in the cave...). RAF-Bonus is active.

If he quits the group, but stays in the setup, i let him build up some aggro and then kill the mobs as fast as possible with the 4 remaining shamans, he gets bout' 130 XP. For the Rogue, the mobs are yellow or orange.
    ^ ^ ^
    | | |
    This is your problem, Boosting is having 1 high level char in your group and filling the group with 1-4 lower level chars. Not having 4 high level chars and one low level.

That being said you also need to make sure that the only high level char is not linked to anyone else in the group.
    US - Garona - Horde
    3x Sham + 1 Boom (Mooietonto, Mooiebravo, Mooiemacho, Eldude)
    1-----|-----10-----|-----20-----|-----30-----|-----40-----|-----50-----|-----60-----|-----70-----|-----80

3 x mage + 1 priest(Níghtofnee, Nightofneé, Nightofnée, Scareyspice)
    1-----|-----10-----|-----20------|-----30-----|-----40-----|-----50-----|-----60-----|----70-----|-----80

[quote='Hachoo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=136875 #post136875]
    I don't boost, however I had heard from at least 2 people since 3.0.2 that they did this exact scenario, 4 linked characters, and 1 completely unlinked 70, and weren't getting triple XP, so thats why I relayed that information with the disclaimer that someone else might correct me.
    Hmm haven't had this issue, but lots of things are buggy right now.

Boosting still works. I rarely boost, as i find that questing is faster, more fun, and results in more developed characters when I've got them leveled.

However, my latest group, three warlocks, two priests (one shadow, one disc) had the warlocks get two levels ahead of the priests when the locks got their pet quests finished. Two of the locks were linked to each other, the other lock was linked to both priest. "Ouch", says I

The priests were level 39, and I had a reject Lv-36, mage (in horrible gear) on the vetran account that i'd never finished. He was my very first toon, a gnome, and I found that I hate gnomes, as the camera is so low that I often couldn't see anything. Anyway, in came the little mage, and I took the RAF trio to ZF, with an unlinked lv-70 lock to boost with. Worked great, once I discovered how far back I needed to keep the mage. At level 36, the mage was an agro magnet farther than my lock could shoot :P

A couple of hours later, each RAF toon had gotten two more levels from grinding (no quests), and had caught back up with the original lock group. As the group leveled, they got more experience, but it was all RAF triple experience (Lv-36 while linked with a pair of LV-39's = aprox 450 per kill, Two Lv-41's, while linked with the single Lv-39=aprox 600 per kill each)