Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Banned from Orbit

Default Warhammer Online installation

Is it only me that can't get Warhammer Online running? This installation has got to be the worst I've ever encountered of any game that I've ever installed. I saw where some one else had a problem with the installation and he googled and got the game to patch, but I can't even get past the EA Download Manager.

The Product Registration Code says to go to https://accounts.warhammeronline.com which doesn't work.
    Some how I got to https://accounts.eamythic.com after visiting http://www.warhammer.com and clicking on the Register for a new account link.

Anyway, after I got my account set up using the code from the paper included in the box, I follow the installation instructions precisely as written and I don't get any where past the EA Download Manager. The login and password that I used to set up my account don't work. So I go to my hotmail and it's now not working. My other hotmail emails are fine. Only the one that I used with Warhammer isn't accessible apparently. I used a different password on warhammer, so maybe that is just a coincidence that my hotmail isn't available, but it sure looks suspicious.

The only icon I have on my desktop and in Start/Programs is the EA Download Manager. So I go in there and it doesn't recognize the login and password that I set up 30 minutes prior. So thinking that it didn't work, I click on the link to Forgot Password and it gets me to a web browser screen asking for the email address and password instead of the login that I just set up with warhammer. This is just nuts, nothing seems to match. Anyway, I registered a new account with the EA Download Manager and it doesn't do anything using the login and password that I just set up with it. I figured that it would at least get me into the game so I can try it out.

Guess the secret computer goblins are telling me not to try this game and get back to WoW.....

It seems to me if they want to get people playing their game, they would have at least had an install that worked that you could start the game with instead of going through a download manager that the installation instructions don't say you have to install to get it working.

If you are running Vista look for the game shortcut under Games in your start menu. Alternatively look for warpatch.exe and run it.

If you have an AU/NZ copy then read this.
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -

Banned from Orbit

Quote Originally Posted by thinus',index.php?page=Thread&postID=131768#post13 1768]If you are running Vista look for the game shortcut under Games in your start menu. Alternatively look for warpatch.exe and run it.

If you have an AU/NZ copy then read [url='http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=305
    this[/url].
    Thank you Thinus, you were a lot faster than the support forums at warhammeronline.com
    It was both in my Games folder (which I don't think I would have ever thought to look) and warpatch.exe is patching now. Still, they should have at least placed an icon on the desktop or placed one into the Start/All Programs/Electronic Arts folder.

I was a little surprised that they didn't put a shortcut on the desktop myself but then I watched the trailer and felt much better
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -