Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Default which addons and why? need to cut down my Addons folder

Bartender4 or Macaroon (new trinity bars)?

Quest Helper or Carbonite? (Or suggestions on better mods)

I currently use trinity bars, but have heard a lot of good things about bartender, and I like how you can set up bartender bars to auto assist the focus when you cast. Also, I currently have quest helper and carbonite both, but carbonite is apparently trial unless you pay for the full version, and quest helper doesn't really seem to have features that aren't offered with tomtom and carbonite. I really just want to replace monkeyquest and I like having the icons and waypoints on the main map. Help would be appreciated, and any suggestions to addons I didn't list here.

If you are in the market for actionbars, check out Infnibar. Pretty good ace action bars I've recently switched to.

Never used carbonite before but I would never ever use a quest helper mod while multiboxing (if 5 wows on the same PC) as they are all super resource hogs and some are known to have memory leaks.

I'd rather just leave firefox open/minimized on thottbot.com and open it as necessary (which is what I do while questing).

Also if you're not using X-Perl or another unitframes like that, you really should get it! I just installed x-perl a few days ago and don't know how I lived or PvPed without it! Makes it MUCH easier to tell if your guys are in range, what buffs/debuffs they have, their cast bars, their target-targets, etc.
    <Multiplicity>
    Blood Elf Death Knight, 4 Orc Shaman - Burning Legion Horde US (PvP)
    Ellianaa - Haachoo - Hachu - Hachuu - Hahchoo

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

I run 5 questhelpers with Tomtom and I have no resource or memory problems. I also use bartender3 and modality and love them, but afraid of WotLK's effects on em. I have one client with MobMap on it rather than bother with thottbot or any other webpage. Get all that info without leaving WoW interface. Pitbull is my unitframes of choice atm.

i have questhelper on main. monkey quest helps to see the alt's quests progression, but if the quests are identical, then i dont think its necessary. EQL (extended quest log) to see better.

button mods on my main and slave. why? sometimes i just need to mouse over on my slave to press a key that's not hotkeyed. making the key 3x bigger on the slaves makes it pretty easy to click on from its PiP size.

unit frames only on my main.

as for the choices between different mods that do the same thing, i cant really say. i only use certain ones and do not have much knowledge of every competing addon out there.

I currently use Bartender and Carbonite. I'll probably change from Bartender to another mod in the next couple of week. But I've been using Carbonite since its release and its been an amazing mod, I have the paid edition, I'm not sure whats available in the free edition. But Carbonite has saved me hour upon hours of quest frustration, I'd be lost without it.

I use a mod call Backseat Quester to see the progress of my groups quests.
    Torrla & the Torr'etts - Torrta, Torrba, Torrma, Thorra- Inspiring Presence - Thanks to RAF, presenting Moppsy & Floppsy now performing with the Amazing Torr'etts

I used to use quest helper but dropped it because it consumed so much memory.

I'm using carbonite now and couldn't be happier. It has more features than quest helper and is a minimal drain on resources. I run it on all 10 accounts with zero issues.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I really want to switch around my UI and try some of these things, but I wasn't going to bother until after the patch, just in case it breaks everything.

Do you guys think that anything working after the 3.0.x patch will continue to work when we install WotLK?Or will that break everything again?
    Stormreaver, Horde

1 Druid - 4 Shamans
    1 Pally - 4 locks

Quote Originally Posted by 'Aethon',index.php?page=Thread&postID=132166#post1 32166
    I really want to switch around my UI and try some of these things, but I wasn't going to bother until after the patch, just in case it breaks everything.

Do you guys think that anything working after the 3.0.x patch will continue to work when we install WotLK?Or will that break everything again?
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=8202271194&sid=1

I'd guess, judging by that list, that every single addon will need to be revamped.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Questhelper was recently fixed so it no longer uses ~70mb but instead sits around the ~20mb mark. You can always turn off some of its features (eg. marching ants) to cut down on mem usuage.

For bars I was using bongos2 until I found out that it wasn't being supported anymore so I switched to Trinity bars..kinda of a big learning curve but I got everything set up the way I want it...only to find out it isnt being supported anymore lol.