Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default General setup ideas for 2 boxing melee and healer

I just started with it. Using Octopus on a single machine. I dowblebox melee character and a priest. What I did, I assigned main (melee) buttons 1 to 5 plus "~" to frequently used actions and have buttons "6" to "=" send to the slave (healer) and not used on main character. Plus several other keys that are not used on main. In the simple case 6 to = just maped to skills on the healer's action bar and not used on master character, so I don't need to use any macros. Couple of other keys are mapped to other action bars on slave that invoke macros like /assist /target /follow, etc.

So basically my slave always on follow and I use master character keys as I always did. When I need some action from the slave, I simply press the button assigned to slave an he does the job of either healing or assisting by performing some damage spell.

It works ok, but the problem is that my right hand is usually on the mouse that I use for the movement and for secondary not frequently used skills. So every time I need to control slave, I have to move it to the keyboard and find the key I need. And if there is some heavy action going on, I loose control. There's just not enough fingers and toes to control both characters at the same time. What I'd like to do is to use my mouse to send keystrokes to slave by clicking on action bar icons, so I don't have to move my hand between mouse and keyboard. Is it possible? I wander if someone can suggest some other ideas for this kind of play.

simple, jsut make a 2nd bar which uses shit-# combinations and macro them to automatically heal your fighter, this si what i do and it works great =)

I bound my heal macro's to the numpad that way it close at hand to the mouse for such occasions (when everything seems to be hitting the fan). I would suggest that you look at some assist macro's so your healer helps fight with some spells to get through mobs quicker.

Problem with healer is when 2 or more mobs starting to attack you. One of them for sure will start attacking the healer when the healer use heal or assist. So here you need to shield the healer and try to switch attacker from the healer to your main, while other mobs still pounding you. Say you make all enemies focus on you, but then if you need another heal, and some mobs will again attack your healer and so on.

Throwing in melee always makes things a tad more difficult but yeah I kinda went the same way with healing spells for my priest on the numpad. Works well enough.

Try using the F1-F8 keys too, as they are right avove the 1-0 keys, your left hand will be able to press them all.

OR

Click attacks with your main window and use hotkeys to control the 2nd window.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer