Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 18

Default Hurray I'm an idiot!

Ok so 50G isn't that much money.... But what I spent it on is whats makes it uhhhggg... I still can't believe it did it.. So I am power leveling my four priest tailoring so I can craft the Shadow weave set.. I am buying out almost everything from the AH... All the linen cloth is on bid... so I'm putting in 50s for each item which started out at 6s.. Just wanting to make sure I don't get out bidded while I am asleep... So now and I don't know how maybe I've been up to late.. but I just bid 50g on a stack of linen.... :cursing: I sent the guy mail stating.. "So by now you have seen my mistake.. If you wish to do the nice thing and send me 40g back (10g for yourself) I'll call it even.. Else.. have a happy gold filled day " I take it pretty much the gold is gone.. but hey.. made some guy happy and rich.. and also tought my self not to buy stuff late at night.. If he sends me the money back.. Ill just send him the gold right back again.. and say.. "Well I am glad there are still some honest people in this world enjoy"

So far.. I've spent about 400g... Not bad just need some more runcloth and wool.. and I am set.. been farming silk and magewave... Wool on our server is going for 10g+ a stack...

Hopefully he sends it back. That would be +1 for society and tbh society could use all the points it could get atm :P but yeah sif not pay attention to what you're buying

Lol, at first when you said 50g I thought you meant 50 grande. But yea, I feel sorry for you making that mistake. I have friends who have also made it. That being said, people don't put stacks of linen up on the AH so they can send the money back, they do it to catch out people playing late at night and/or drunk who don't read it properly so they can make some easy coin. Don't hold your breath waiting on a reply.

Tbh, go troll some forums, he probably posted up a screenie of your mail and titled a thread "lol, check out the noob who can't read bid prices!"
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

lol Silly n00b Zite! Spending 50g on a bid of cloth hehe But then again, I can't half blame you since all we did today was run my 4box team thru instances to get them matching gear and you your cloth, and well... we both know what happens to your thinking when it gets late :thumbup:

Anyways, hope he sends the money back. I think he will bc most ppl on Destromath are surprisingly nice!
    [align=center]Destromath -- (US) Horde PvP
    <Magical Liopleurodons>

Anira -- 80 BE Arcane Mage
    Kalililah/Kaliliah/Kaililah/Kaililiah -- 80 Troll Ele Shaman

[/align]

Lol 50g is noting, i somtimes say in /2 First guy to find me gets 500g

So dam funny XD
    Signature edited by Svpernova09

Remember igot my 40% mount ages ago cuz i got 70g for a star ruby lol

Lucky twink blues from lowbie instances FTW. By the time I hit 30 I had x3 the amount of money necessary for the mount xD

On topic: Eh I'd send the money back, however I wouldn't expect your average barrens/trade spammer to even give it any thought. I guess it's down to luck for you. Oh and you said it was Linen so it's probably gonna be a noob, 50g will set you up for life at those levels, so I'd veer more towards accepting you ain't getting your money back.
    ?l?
    ??? ? ?? wat??
    ?l? ~?? .? ?
    ???l_, )?

I have an addon (sorry, can't remember which it is - I have so many!) that pops up an "are you sure?" dialog whenever I bid on something over a pre-set amount (10g in my case).

I'm sure it's saved me quite a bit of money over the last year or 2...

Honestly, I don't think I'd even see who it was from. I use CT mail mod and it opens all my mail at once. Great for my AH alt, but if I'm not paying attention, I'll just see all the money in my bag, but not know who it's from.

I think I can disable it, but it also just deletes empty mails, so the one you'd send about your mistake would get lost on the way from clicking open all to the bathroom
    Stormreaver, Horde

1 Druid - 4 Shamans
    1 Pally - 4 locks

my warlock just spent 30gold on mount training. then i realized he could get a free mount at 30. i almost cried.

but oh well. thats 3 daily quests, or a stack of adamantite ores.