Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Very successful foray into 5-mans today: Botanica, Mechanar, Shadow Lab cleared!

http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/in...=358&type=page (couldn't get image link to work)

So this was the first time I instanced at all at level 70 with my 5-man team (Pally, Priest, Mage, Druid, Shaman)

Only the priest has really great gear, the shaman, druid and pally are in junk from quests so keeping threat and all that fun stuff is a real challenge.

Here's a summary of how it played out:

Mechanar: First boss: I spread out on the stairs and just damaged him when the shield was down. Healed tank with tons of Prayer of Mending to help with threat. He went down easily. His bombs just floated below us and never blew in the group.
    Second boss: Spread them all out, took elixirs and food. Healed with nonstop Prayer of Healing. Aggro jumped all over the place, but didn't do enough damage to any one character to wipe me. Lucky.
    Last boss: Had a near wipe when he came out, my healer had died on the trash and I wasn't ready, so I had to run out. I re-pulled him and got good luck on the mind control. I AOE tanked all the adds with the pally. He went down easily.

Botanica: First boss: Pretty much tank and spank here. I ignored adds until after. I didn't bother doing anything but healing and DPS.
    Second boss: I tried moving in and out, but almost died, so I just stayed in there and killed the adds through his healing. No problem. AOE tank all adds and focus fire when I could.
    Third boss. I killed it using only my tank and healer. I hid the healer and all dps out of line of sight and just wailed on him with the tank and a fire elemental. This was to trivialize the sacrfice.
    Fourth boss. Ignored adds. All DPS on boss. Killed him before it got out of hand, but mage had to iceblock to survive because he pulled aggro. All hell had broken lose when he died, but I didn't lost anyone.
    Warp Splinter: As usual, adds were ignored. I lost aggro on him a lot because I got too nervous waiting on DPS. Could have killed this guy easily if I'd been patient. I almost lost some guys, but got taunts off in time.

Shadow Labyrinth: First boss: This was a real nightmare. Too much fear. I had to just try and fear ward and keep turning my DPS to try and face him after he spread my team. This kill took a long time. No deaths, but very messy. 1 tremor totem wasn't doing it.
    Second boss: Even messier than the first. It was very tough to reposition everyone. I wound up with many deaths. I killed him with 2 guys left, I believe. He doesn't hit hard at least.
    Third boss: I decided that I would try to all-out dps on this guy to avoid all of the mechanics of the fight. Boy was this a good idea. I killed him before he even did anything. Not one voidwalker reached me, and not one rain of fire occurred. I didn't even bother getting tank aggro. I just burn burn burned. No deaths even.
    Murmur: Very very tricky. I spread them out and pulled. Easy at first, but the silences started hitting everyone, and he kept pulling guys into him which wound up dead. I killed him with only tank and shaman left. Tank had to divine shield to live at one point.

Congratulations!
    Torrla & the Torr'etts - Torrta, Torrba, Torrma, Thorra- Inspiring Presence - Thanks to RAF, presenting Moppsy & Floppsy now performing with the Amazing Torr'etts

congrats!
    Someguy: "You must really like playing with yourself"
    Me: "OH HELLS YEAH!"

very nice. people who run multiple classes amaze me. I can barely walk an chew gum. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Dooz',index.php?page=Thread&postID=129056#post129 056
    very nice. people who run multiple classes amaze me. I can barely walk an chew gum. Nice job.
    i stop when i chew gum. it's safer.

Grats on the kills BB!
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by 'Dooz',index.php?page=Thread&postID=129056#post129 056
    I have a setup that works well. This is it, in a nutshell:

Arrow keys move and turn anyone but the tank for in case I need to move the group out of a fire or something. The tank moves with QWEASD as normal.

The healer's action keys are all on the num pad. I hit them with my right hand in between using the mouse. No one else has those keys as bindings. She also has a DPS cast sequence key just in case I need it.

The tank's actions are all mapped onto the Z-M row. I hit these keys with my left thumb. The closer to the left, the more likely I need to use that skill.

The DPS are all mapped onto 1-0 and some of the F keys. I hit these like I'd play a normal character. The shaman uses the most unique keys for totems. The mage and druid really only have a couple of macros. I have some shift+mod alternatives set up in case of immune mobs.

Very cool. Thanks for posting that. Not that I would be able to come close to doing that yet, but I was able at least understand how you do it. Still, I'd need a couple of extra hands. A brain dump from you would be an interesting read.

It's so funny how at the same gear level, I used to be scared of wiping or not even finishing in these instances when I did PUGs. Last night I cleared Shattered Halls and Steamvault, too. I only wiped one time between the two of them due to somehow pulling 3 groups in Shattered Halls in that final big trash hall.

I'm pretty confident that some day I'll be doing all the heroics in the expansion, seeing how effective this group is.

I remember Magister's Terrace being extremely difficult even on normal for a bad group, so I'm going to have to give that place a go before WOTLK hits.

Quote Originally Posted by 'TheBigBB',index.php?page=Thread&postID=129252#pos t129252
    It's so funny how at the same gear level, I used to be scared of wiping or not even finishing in these instances when I did PUGs. Last night I cleared Shattered Halls and Steamvault, too. I only wiped one time between the two of them due to somehow pulling 3 groups in Shattered Halls in that final big trash hall.

I'm pretty confident that some day I'll be doing all the heroics in the expansion, seeing how effective this group is.

I remember Magister's Terrace being extremely difficult even on normal for a bad group, so I'm going to have to give that place a go before WOTLK hits.
    You give me hope. I'm leveling a Pally, Priest, Shammy, Mage, Lock group. It's nice to see people making these multiclass groups work. I think the key to it all is to think of it as 3 classes. Tank, Heals, and DPS. At least that helps me keep my key layout organized logically. Good work in those instances man.

Great start, congrats! Very cool hearing some bits on what you did to win.

I've been doing heroics lately with my multibox team, and I've found that my group is actually more successful with just me controlling them than with live players. On trash at least. The third and later bosses I've found are often much easier with at least one other live player in the mix.
    Multiboxing on Windrunner: Celz (BM hunter), Cyllan (tankadin), Kulzor (resto druid), Zugbug (elemental shaman), Cyllz (arcane mage)