Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Keyclone - switching regions with 2 PCs

I am currently running 5 clients on 1 quad-core PC but find it too slow, and am going to buy a 2nd cheap PC to ease the burden.

If I run clients 1-3 on this PC, and 4-5 on the 2nd, I understand I can still use keyclone as they can communicate. No problem there.

However, is keyclone still able to recognize both systems and switch regions? I currently use F8 through F12 to switch regions. If I run regions 4 and 5 on PC #2, can I still hit F11 or F12 and have it display those on my first monitor? Or can the regions only be displayed on the monitor of the PC they are running on?

I would like to be able to bring any region to my main, big monitor.

Thanks!

ummm.... no. that would not be possible, as it would require windows to either move the entire app from the other machines memory into the local machines memory... or export the display onto the main display from the remote computer.

as for being slow on your quad core... try addressing that first.

what are your machine specs? memory, cpu, video card
    have you reduced your video settings in game?
    what are the fps settings you are using in keyclone's commands?

Thanks! I didn't even know about that feature... I set the background fps to 20, as well as disabled the sound for my "slaves," and it works better now. I have a quad-core 2.4Ghz with a 8800GTS 512 so I had expected things to run OK It's just in Orgrimmar that it still slows down to 15fps on the main window too, and that's kinda bothering me as my goal is to do PvP and I'm afraid AV will be as choppy.

i get no fps drop when going into orgrimmar with low detail and 30/42 fps

try setting your details to low:
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/inde...phics_Settings

also, make sure to set BOTH the maxfpsbk AND maxfps. if you forget to set either one, wow will default to 999 fps... eating whatever cpu you have left

I had general performance problems at first. I found three things made a difference (although I can't say which was the most effective):

In order of cost:
    * I turned down graphical details etc in WoW
    * I bought a £10 4GB memory stick to use Vista's ReadyBoost feature
    * I bought a solid-state drive, and copied WoW to it

Previously, if I took all my toons to Stormwind, I'd have huge pauses of up to 30 seconds at a time, making it practically unplayable. I'd board a ship, and before all 5 copies had finished loading the new continent, the ship would be on it's way *out* of the destination harbour...

Now, maybe one of my slave windows gets a bit jerky if the place is crowded. The main window remains smooth as silk. The destination continent is loaded almost immediately when using boats. It's a vastly more pleasant experience now!