Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Macro's not saving

Hello dual boxing,

I asked this question before but I am still having issues with it.

I have two copies of WOW installed.

I run the main window off one set of files and the 4 others off the same set of files.

I created a bunch of Character specific macro's and they did not save on the Main shaman or one of the slaves.

Any Ideas ?

I think the biggest thing that causes your Macros to not save is not letting WoW shutdown correctly. Are you going to exit game everytime so it can shut down fully and save the files in your cache or WTF directories (whichever macros are). I would suggest to shutdown each copy of wow you have open and let it completely close and then close the next one and so on and that should solve your problem as far as I can tell.

When doing macros, make sure to /logout then hit esc 2x to shut down wow. /exit sometimes doesnt save your cache files and its quite frustrating.

There is no autosave function for macro creation, so if you're planning on sitting there and redoing your macros or making your macros for the first time, MAKE SURE TO MANUALLY SAVE BY LOGGING OUT!

Caps for emphasis.

Are you on Vista? If so, try running Wow as Administrator (right-click, should be "Run as Admin" option)

Are the macros not visible in a macro file you are examining or not available when you login to the account/character again?

If you're examining a file: Are you looking in the right place? There are several macro files and it can be easy to open & examine the wrong file. Character specific macros are stored in WTF\Account\<account name>\<server name>\<char name>\macros-cache.txt.

If the macros are not visible when you login again:

1) are you using the same wow instance to login to that account/character?
    2) as the other posters have pointed out, how are you exiting the game?