Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default What freeware program would you reccommend for a newbie WoW boxer?

Had 2 account's for a while but never considered multiboxing (PC is over a year old now), But recently grabbed ahold of a new laptop which I can smoothly run 2 accounts on at once at 25+ FPS. I checked the stick at the top linking to Octopus, But it was a dead link = /

Anyway I dont want to invest money into it yet until I realise if I enjoy it or not (Which I probably will ; ]). My plan is to box 2 level 59 frost mage twinks. And my question is... What program would you reccomend for both ease of use and effectiveness as I can't find the Octopus thing ?

Thanks alot

You already have it! It's called Firefox or Internet Explorer. Follow this link and all your questions will be answered. /genie
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

http://skarlot.net/octopus/

Did you try that address from Wiki ?
    [align=center]Hiroshi - Naoki - Yuuma - Tarou - Kringlike (70) of Outland (EU)
    -= 1........10.........20.........30.........40........50.........60........ .70 =-
    Multiboxing blog
    since 07 august 2008
    [/align]

I would highly reccomend that you break down and spend the $19 and get keyclone. For ease of use and technical support (right here on the forums from the Dev) IMO you cant beat it. Sometimes spending a little cash is worth the time and effort you will spend on a free item. I know some people here use Octopus and love it, but I think Keyclone is soooo much easier for a new user to get up and running quickly.

P.S. I have no affiliation with Keyclone or Octopus.

Keyclone, spend the dough, its well worth it.
    20 bux = 10 coffees, 2 lunches or a dvd. so pass on something you dont need, and get keyclone. you will be happy, guaranteed.
    Mains Shamans: Shamun, Shamdeux, Shamtrois
    1........10.........20.........30.........40...... ...50.........60.........70
    Alts Mages(21): Mageun, Magedeux, Magetrois, Krystia(Priest)

I must be honest, I don't like internet transactions. How about a KVM switch? I have a USB keyboard and mouse... I can use them to control my laptop and PC simultaneously right? I think I'll go try maplin's on Monday. Thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by 'Radioheading',index.php?page=Thread&postID=126982 #post126982
    I must be honest, I don't like internet transactions. How about a KVM switch? I have a USB keyboard and mouse... I can use them to control my laptop and PC simultaneously right? I think I'll go try maplin's on Monday. Thanks for the feedback
    Hmmmmm..... well i bought my on line and it is was all good. I know somepeople fear internet transactions but there isn't much to be afraid of with key clone mainly cause someone for sure would have said something in here about how they ripped them off.

Also key clone is $20 isn';t a kvm switch like a hundred or couple...... not sure what they are worth i just thought they were expensive.

As well i tired to run octopus and the other free program auto hot key...and unless you are willing to put in the time to learn how to use em they are tough. I tried and read all the forums and such but my script writing and such just got me frustrated. So i broke down and bought key clone. Man was i happy. Key clone all i had to do is basically set up my macros and away i went. I don't use the maximizer though i run 2 montiors on on comp.

But to each their own. Make sure you read the wikis on octopus and auto hot key as well as the learning to script wikis. Oh and the one on macros is a good one too if ya never done macros before like me.

Default RE: What freeware program would you reccommend for a newbie WoW boxer?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Radioheading',index.php?page=Thread&postID=126937 #post126937
    What program would you reccomend for both ease of use and effectiveness as I can't find the Octopus thing ?
    If this looks easy, you can give it a shot. There's nothing to lose:

Quick Start Guide for WoW
    �Author of HotkeyNet and Mojo