Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Just ran Sethekk halls with 5 shamans at level 69

Didn't see any info on the Wiki for Sethekk halls. Wanted to do shadowlabs but realized I didn't have the key and it was after the last boss in Sethekk. I'd run sethekk a few times so I figured I would try it out. I'm happy to say I made it all the way through with 5 shamans at level 69 (~420 spell damage each, 6100 health, 7150 mana)

Now, I wiped 3 times, twice on the first boss and once on the pull right before the last boss, but both would have been avoidable if I hadn't messed stuff up. First of all, last night I respecced all my shamans (had a few stray talent points I wanted to reel in) and apparently when I checked my hotbars afterwards I didn't notice that elemental mastery was no longer on them - so I did the entire instance hitting my keys (numpad 1, 2, 3) for blood fury, elemental mastery, and vengeance of the illidari trinket, only elemental mastery wasn't actually working. This probably would have avoided the wipe on the first boss as both wipes were at 11-14% on him. Also, the wipe on the last pull before Talon King Ikiss would have been successful because my first chain lightning would have crit.

Last, when I pulled the first boss the first time I "accidentally pulled him". Dropped 1 earth elemental totem and he aggro'd the boss, so I went into the fight with 1 elemental and no abilities ready (at least my other totems were dropped). By the time I started DPSing the boss things were already going bad. Same thing happened the second time only I was trying to drop 3 earth elementals at once, and I didn't happen to notice that when I fixed my macros last night I broke my elemental macro on 2 of my shamans, so only 1 elemental dropped.

Finally, I went in full bore on the first boss (minus elemental mastery). Dropped 5x fire elementals, used blood fury and trinket, and just DPSed him down hardcore. The elementals kept the adds attached pretty good and I took the boss down without losing anyone - He had about 20 adds by the time I killed him. I strongly recommend just blowing all your fire elemental cooldowns on this fight, as the only other fight you might want them is the final boss and thats 20+min past this anyway.

So on to the meat of things...the instance itself minus the last pull before the boss is quite easy for 5x shamans, as long as you kill mobs in the right order. Some issues you might run into:

Dark Prophets will fear you - ALWAYS take the dark prophets down first, if you dont you will get feared even with tremor totems. Not only that but when you kill them they turn into those crazy ghost guys that hit you for like 3000 damage each swing - if you kill the prophet at the spawn point the ghost wont reach you before it despawns.

Shamans - Kill these second - they heal and they spawn a crazy little voidwalker that does insane damage and is immune to your lightning bolts, earth shocks, etc.

Typically those two mobs above will be in groups together.

I also target the time-lost mobs after the above 2 if there are any. They go down super fast but I believe they drop totems or something that do crazy things - I can't remember and I dropped them so fast they didn't do anything to me.

If you see a Talon Lord in a group, make sure to drop grounding totems, he will throw some discs that hitmultiple party members, but your totems will absorb them. I leave these guys for last usually cause if you can absorb that first attack the rest isn't too bad.

For the big non-elite bird pulls I just dropped my healing totems, cast chain lightning, then immediately dropped 5x fire nova totems. When the birds arrived they went off, killing most of them, one more chain lightning killed the rest.

There are a couple pulls, especially towards the end, where you should REALLY use all of your cooldowns, such as elemental mastery, blood fury, trinket, etc.

DEFINITELY on the last pull before Ikiss, dps down everything super fast, if 4+ guys reach you then you will probably wipe. You could drop an EE or two here as you won't need them for Ikiss anyway.

On the 4-5 pulls in the rooms before the last boss, I used my cooldowns quite a few times, to take down a prophet + shaman as fast as possible. I can't stress enough how badly you want to take these 2 mobs down before they can do anything to you.

Ok the last boss, Ikiss. Honestly I thought I was going to lose to him but he wasn't hard at all. For those unfamiliar with him, he basically shoots arcane missiles at you, whacks you with his staff, and then periodically he blinks. AS SOON AS HE BLINKS HE IS GOING TO START A MASSIVE AOE THAT WILL KILL YOUR ENTIRE GROUP IF YOU ARE IN LINE OF SIGHT OF HIM.

The best method to kill him, which I used, was I ran up right next to the pillar on the left as you go in the room. Dropped my entire set of totems, and 5 fire elemental totems (Don't think I really needed them), then used trinket + blood fury (and would have used ele mastery if i had it on my bar), and then started going to town on him. Make sure to drop grounding totems as they will absorb his arcane missiles. I hit him so hard at first that he immediately blinked. This is the tricky part, you have to make sure your toons stay on follow the entire time as once he blinks you HAVE to get to the other side of the pillar you're standing next to. The first time he blinked my 4 clones got caught on one of the torch stands but apparently they were just far enough out of LOS to not get hit.

He hits pretty wussy so as long as his AoE doesn't kill you you can easily fit chain heals in to heal your guys. Just remember after each blink when you run around the pillar, drop more grounding totems.

Basically he blinked 3-4 times while I was fighting him, I would just run around the pillar and then turn around, drop groundings, wait for him to come back, and start spamming him again. Ended up being quite easy, although if I had accidentally gotten caught in the AoE it would have been all over.

Too bad he didn't drop anything good (he drops 2 blues), but at least I got 4 spirit shards from the trip (worthless as they may be now). Got my shadow labs key so I will try Shadow Labs tomorrow since I need honored with Lower city to get the blue pvp set at 70.

I'll try to add this into the Wiki tomorrow sometime if I remember, just wanted to write it up while it was fresh since I couldn't find any good sethekk info for multiboxers.
    <Multiplicity>
    Blood Elf Death Knight, 4 Orc Shaman - Burning Legion Horde US (PvP)
    Ellianaa - Haachoo - Hachu - Hachuu - Hahchoo

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

Thanks for taking the time to write this up.

I enjoyed it.
    ​

if you're not using elemental mastery enough, I'd recommend just throwing it in your LB casting macro so that you use it whenever it's up. Then you don't have to think about using it at all. Same for your trinkets.
    PVP Team: 4x 70 Shaman - Horde, Nordrassil - Recursive, Reentrant, Redundant, Reactive

I don't want to do that because I don't need it 95% of the time and I want it available without having to wait those few times I do have it. I always remember to use it, the only issue was I had just respecced so it wasn't on my cast bar - I was still hitting the keybind to use it, just wasn't doing anything
    <Multiplicity>

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

Thisis annoying me greatly this boss. My grounding totems are not attracting the arcane missiles--Theyre not LOS and theyre right at my feet--he does arcane missiles and all my toons get hit with my grounding totems still up. Theyre whats killing me. The tac as explained makes perfect sense Ive run this single box tons an its basically similar to what a normal party does. Its those damn missiles not getting grounded sighs.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Hachoo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=126714#post1 26714
    I don't want to do that because I don't need it 95% of the time and I want it available without having to wait those few times I do have it. I always remember to use it, the only issue was I had just respecced so it wasn't on my cast bar - I was still hitting the keybind to use it, just wasn't doing anything
    This is a huge downfall of the UI at this time. I even tried getting around this by using /cast macro's... I had a macro that would /cast Mortal Strike/Cast Devestate, the idea being whicever one I actually had talented would be there... unfortunately when you respec blizzard even removes teh MACRO from your toolbar...
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

I just use mastery and trinkets on my chain lightning button in a macro. I usually rememeber to chain after 3-4 lightning bolts so its always getting used. Id rather not have it on my lbolt spam as then it would get used straight up making it harder for my paladin to get a bit in front with threat.
    Pactys (80) - Pactus(80) - Pactas(80) - Pactis(80) - Pact (80)
    Paladin and 4 Shamans on Saurfang (Oceanic PVE)

Thanks for writing this up . Although I have run through all the instances solo boxing with different types of classes my main was a healer. This means that I barely knew what the instances looked like never mind what mobs to target first.

Target priority like you say is seriously important . The mobs that throw down totems wiped me so quick as they mind controlled my tank it was silly. I wiped on my first encounter with them.

Now though I burn them down as you advised so fast there’s no issue. Any advice on the prophets though that fear you. As the trash goes, to me they are the single most dangerous mob in here. Without them it would be easy.

My only tactic so far is to put my healer/dps at extreme range and go in tanking. That way only the tank gets feared which isn’t a problem so far. If they fear bomb my group it’s damn nasty. My set up btw is 4 shammys and a pally tank.

The first boss pugs can have problems with but was so laughably easy I really did laugh. Seriously this boss was a pushover. Went in threw down usual totems, tanked the boss, dpsed him a little then as soon as the adds appeared fire elementals then it was all over. Im not joking when I say this fight lasted no more than 20 seconds.

The only other mob besides the prophets that cause me a problem at first was the big elite birds. They do a chain lighning effect (oh the irony) and a push back which is annoying. So I now tank it sideways to my group with my back to a wall. The group doesn’t take damage and the push back only effects my tank.

My biggest problem as I stated above is the last boss. I wiped maybe 7 times to this guy. Ive beaten him countless times solo boxing so know the tactic. One of my problems I’m finding is to determine when hes going to do the AOE. With so much going on, arcane missiles, sheeps and his stupid spamming about trinkets I think im missing the start of his AOE so am late in running behind a pillar. As Im running behind the pillar though Im throwing down 4 grounding totems maybe half a second to a second before he missiles. The missiles usually fire through the pillar miss the totems and hit my group which is helping me wipe. Do the totems definitely soak his missile attack?
    PS his sheeping is bloody annoying too.

Ive forgotten the addon so a reminder would be great. What addon is it that displays bosses attacks /abilities as they’re about to fire not for raids but for instances ? This would help me a lot.

The addon is probably deadly boss mods - not sure if it does anything for 5 mans or just Raids but its very useful for bgs also.

I went back and ran sethekk again the other day and did notice that the initial arcane missiles the boss throws immediately after his AoE do not get absorbed by groundings. For me this didn't cause an issue, I would just immediately chain heal once as he was throwing them, which would bring me back to full. I believe after those initial arcane missiles the groundings will absorb the rest of his casts and if he starts meleeing you, feel free to laugh because he hits like a rabbit (compared to most bosses).

Ok in regards to the questions about the prophets and those cobalt snake-birds....I have 5 shamans so neither was a problem. In regards to the profits 1 LB+CL combo would down them before they even started walking towards me, so I didn't have to worry about that. I think the one pull where there was 2 prophets I used LB+CL on one, then trinket + ele mastery and LB on the second one to insta-gib him.

As far as the snake bird things go, I had no problems with 5 shamans. I'd start at max range, and do a LB+CL, then spam LBs till they were dead. Usually they would get 1 CL off on me but it only took my shamans down to 60-70% life or so. With 1 less DPS it might take a little bit longer but I don't think it should be too bad. If you're extra worried you can always just use your trinket on each pull of those since theres only a few in the whole instance the 1.5min cooldown should be available on each one.

I am looking forward to running this again when my pally is 68 to see how much different it is, of course with 4 level 70 semi-geared shamans and bloodlust it should be super easy.
    <Multiplicity>

Thanks for that Im going back tonight, no stupid bird boy gets the last laugh on me.

Just for the record I hate this bird boss. However, its making me tidy up my macros as Im just having to do too much in the fight keyboard wise which is why Im wiping so much. On the mass healing wave part to heal up from missiles I found I had lost target on my leader sigh.