Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Last boss in Hellfire Ramparts

OMG this guy is giving me a headache.
    I can always get the first guy down but when i need to change to the dragon it all goes tits up.
    Should i have everyone on follow to try and stay clear of the fire?
    check signature for setup.

Thanks
    Bronze Dragon Flight (eu)
    PvE Team - 2x Mage - Warlock - Priest -Paladin (all 65)
    PvP Team - 5x Warlocks

That guy is a pain.
    Keep everyone out of the fires, and tank with your pala.
    Keep pala alive with the priest, and nuke him from behind with the mages/lock.
    Don't keep standing on the bridge, but get into the arena part.
    Wiped a few time my own, but with this tactic we down him everytime.
    2x Mage team: Zulrandar Zalrunder @80 Thunderhorn - EU
    FiveBoxTeam: Pallarfo Paladin, Amandie Priest, Arisboch Hunter, Ludmilli & Ludmillo mages @80 Thunderhorn - EU
    QuadTeam: 4x Hunters @80 Thunderhorn - EU
    QuadTeam: 4x Warlock @70 Thunderhorn - EU
    QuadTeam: 4x Mages @70 Thunderhorn - EU
    QuadTeam: 4x DK @ 73 Thunderhorn - EU
    QuadTeam: 1x Mage, 3x Hunters @60 Talnivarr - EU

Theres already an existing tactic for this -- can be found through search easily. basically though its--pull the 2 mobs on guard to the top of the ramp, kill guards. Rider will decend but not attack. dragon will fireball from the sky. Grounding totems, fire resist and move in. Rider will be in the middle of the platform, dont go into his aggro range. Blast the dragon in the air while moving your guys out of flames and throwing groundings to avoid the direct damage from the fireballs. When the dragon is at 30% it lands, manouver the dragon with your tank (or designated shammy) away from party so they dont get hit by the flames it breathes and finish it off. Attack the rider who you have avoided aggroing who is still standing there and thats it.

You have no shammys though so youre going to be taking direct fire ball damage. thats an ouch. However use what fire defences you have.
    Personally though I find this boss such a massive pain I just leave it out. theres absolutely nothing it gets you which wont be replaced very soon. Too much trouble to bother with at <62 level imop. Go in at 64 if you hate unfinished business and pwn him.

Thanks guys
    Bronze Dragon Flight (eu)
    PvE Team - 2x Mage - Warlock - Priest -Paladin (all 65)
    PvP Team - 5x Warlocks

Yep as a multiboxer without shamans this is going to be almost impossible without way too much micromanagement. The tactic above works great with shamans. You don't even have to move your guys because when the dragon is in the air his fireball doesn't cause any AoE damage if its absorbed by a grounding totem (confirmed as of a week ago).

I basically just do what the above post said, pull the 2 guards to the top of the ramp and kill them, dropping 5x groundings right as they die, dragon will aggro but rider will not. Dragon will start fireballing me which will get absorbed by totems. I will move to edge of totem range and then when my grounding totem cooldown is up, I will drop new ones and move to the edge of those totem range. Keep doing this till you're right at the edge of the ring, within range of dragon but not rider. Now you just drop your totem load, keep groundings up, spam LB/CL on the dragon. When he hits 40% he will drop, this is when you MUST use your trinkets plus elemental mastery, you can usually kill him before he even reaches you at this point. After dragon dies and you've taken 0 damage, you can now rest or whatever and then kill rider in 3 shots as needed ;D
    <Multiplicity>
    Blood Elf Death Knight, 4 Orc Shaman - Burning Legion Horde US (PvP)
    Ellianaa - Haachoo - Hachu - Hachuu - Hahchoo

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

You are using the exact same setup as I. I was simply unable to do this boss until I got up a few levels - 63 or so. Then it was luck more than skill.

So yeah - I just skipped him (after 8 or 10 wipes) and went on with the next few instances.

Hey

Anyone know if this tactic works on heroic aswell?

I did this boss on my 4th try at 63 with a paladin and 3 shaman, wearing outland greens. I didn't know the tactic of taking the dragon first so I killed the two guards at the bottom of the bridge and dropped my standard totems (one of which is a grounding).

I then tapped my "slave move-backwards button" to break follow and engaged the boss with the paladin. I tanked/spanked/healed him down as I would anything else but kept a constant eye on the shaman. When there was a fire on them I clicked follow and re-broke it once they had moved out of the flames. A bit of chain healing to bring the shaman hps back up and repeat, moving the paladin around as necessary to leave the slaves enough room to move forward.

Once the dragon landed the fight was easy, just kept him facing away from the rest of the group, dumped a new set of totems and burned him down.

On my AC attempts (at 66) I was unable to kill the first boss. I did, however, develop a new technique for bosses where the group needs to move around. I removed the /follow macro from the paladin and made sure I had all the tanking controls bound into my slave bar (I use a leaderless control method) I then drove the encounter from my resto shaman. Initially charge in, driving the pally with the other on follow, break follow during the charge and engage boss. PiP over to the resto shaman, click follow (which the Pally ignored) and continued to tank as normal with the Pally as a slave. It gave me full mobility for the rest of the group and would have helped no end had I thought of it for the Ramps encounter a week before.

As an asside, that horrible AC boss seems to be highly difficlult to dps with a caster heavy group and I couldn't get him below 27% before the team started to die. If I ran 5-box rather than Quad I probably would have got him though.

I did it at 62 the other night with a prot pally and 4 elemental shaman. I park the shaman on the bridge and fight the dragon about 30 yards ahead, turning him when he blows fire. Pally has fire resist aura up as well.
    Took a few tries, and had to be really careful to hold aggro because he'll wipe the whole shaman group if I lose it

Trying it on heroic now. God damn pain.

Tryied the tactic where i kill dragon first and use groudning totems.. works like charm. except Orc boss deswapsn after i have killed dragon.. happend 2 times-....