Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Faster to boost without RAF or level with it?

I have a dilemma. I currently have a 62 prot pally that I can boost with. But 2/4 characters I will boost are linked to me, so the other two toons get 300% exp, so they would always be ahead. So would it be quicker to boost them without the RAF bonus or level them with it?
    Thanks.
    [align=center]<Playing with Myself> - Dethecus Horde[/align]
    [align=center]Leader - Shaman - 61 x5[/align]
    [align=center]Cyssa - 62 Pally[/align]

i thought it was set up to where if anyone in the group is getting no xp from the mobs you are killing then it cancels the 300% xp...like your pally wont get xp from lvl 32 mobs so it cancels the 300%... am i wrong?

Let them hate, as long as they fear.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Kedash00',index.php?page=Thread&postID=124833#pos t124833
    i thought it was set up to where if anyone in the group is getting no xp from the mobs you are killing then it cancels the 300% xp...like your pally wont get xp from lvl 32 mobs so it cancels the 300%... am i wrong?
    Acc A is main account that has the pally.
    B is second account I had from before.

A RAF'd C&D
    B RAF'd E

I did it that way for the questing XP, and grant levels to both main accounts.
    So E and B get 300% xp because they are grouped with eachother, and they aren't linked to the pally.

(By the way, I did find this all by using google's site: syntax here. )

According to this thread, Skuggo got his PL'ed to 58 in a little over 3 days /played before RAF bonuses. My average time with my 5-man RAF teams lately has been a little over 2 days /played to 60 by very casually doing quests, no instances and very few collection quests unless they're easy and lead to more quest chains. So, I'd suggest whichever makes you happy. Personally, grinding instances over and over and over ad nauseum makes me want to /wrists, so it's all questing for me with the occasional 70 boost through an instance ONCE to get the quests done in it.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by 'Coke',index.php?page=Thread&postID=124836#post124 836
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Kedash00',index.php?page=Thread&postID=124833#pos t124833
    Acc A is main account that has the pally.
    B is second account I had from before.

A RAF'd C&D
    B RAF'd E

I did it that way for the questing XP, and grant levels to both main accounts.
    So E and B get 300% xp because they are grouped with eachother, and they aren't linked to the pally.
    Are they all in the same group when you are boosting? i just did:
    A referred B,C,D,E and i have a high level pally i would boost them with but i thought it would cancel the 300% xp so i didn't do it that way...But if i can that would rock.

Let them hate, as long as they fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz',index.php?page=Thread&postID=124849 #post124849](By the way, I did find this all by using google's site: syntax here. ;) )

According to [url='http://dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Thread&postID=30761#post30761
    this thread,[/url] Skuggo got his PL'ed to 58 in a little over 3 days /played before RAF bonuses. My average time with my 5-man RAF teams lately has been a little over 2 days /played to 60 by very casually doing quests, no instances and very few collection quests unless they're easy and lead to more quest chains. So, I'd suggest whichever makes you happy. Personally, grinding instances over and over and over ad nauseum makes me want to /wrists, so it's all questing for me with the occasional 70 boost through an instance ONCE to get the quests done in it.
    Ah, mkay.
    Too bad I leveled 2/5 druids to 12, and 2 are level 10 D=

Quote Originally Posted by 'Kedash00',index.php?page=Thread&postID=124854#pos t124854
    Are they all in the same group when you are boosting? i just did:
    A referred B,C,D,E and i have a high level pally i would boost them with but i thought it would cancel the 300% xp so i didn't do it that way...But if i can that would rock.
    The "booster" has to be an unlinked account. This is currently a bug that they said they will be fixing. The post I saw them mention it was dated 8/12. I assume they'll have a fix in place when we get patch 3.0.2.

Tried Cath with the pally, wiped on the first big pull D=
    Would it be better to get the pally to 70 then boost?

Edit: I misunderstood the question.

You can boost with RAF. The lowest character will get 3x xp, but the high one won't get any real benefit. Boosting is definately the fastest way to level, at least until 45. I could do a level per ten minutes 10-20, and a level per 20 minutes 20-30. With a 70 mage. A 70 paladin is preferable, and going to be faster.

Default RE: Faster to boost without RAF or level with it?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Coke',index.php?page=Thread&postID=124831#post124 831
    I have a dilemma. I currently have a 62 prot pally that I can boost with. But 2/4 characters I will boost are linked to me, so the other two toons get 300% exp, so they would always be ahead. So would it be quicker to boost them without the RAF bonus or level them with it?
    Thanks.
    My 2 cents - Just tried what you are doing 1 70 mage to boost, 2 normal and 2 RAF accounts and had some interesting results. Boosting for both is fast but now I have the issue that the RAF accounts are at level 45 and the normal accounts are at level 32. Its taking way too long to get the normal accounts to catch up and I am constantly trying to deal with the level disparity when instancing or question. As a result, what I have decided to do is just get 2 more RAF linked accounts level then to 45 quickly (went from 1-30 in 1 day so very easy) through boosting then level them all together. The level difference between normal and RAF was giving me too much of a head ache...as a suggestion I would go all normal or all RAF.