Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Druid/Mage/

Default Druid/Mage/

Anyone done druid/mage team? I have 30's of both. Should I go boomkin or feral? Can feral hold aggro if mage is fire? I like dual mage's but I want to get a druid up also. I only run 2 accounts.

If you nuke away with the mage ain't nothing gonna hold agro.

There is a reason the phrase "it's not a party till the mage dies" exists.

I would run them tank and spank, but that is just me, I have no boomkin experience ... yet

Default RE: Druid/Mage/

Quote Originally Posted by 'php_coder',index.php?page=Thread&postID=123618#po st123618
    Anyone done druid/mage team? I have 30's of both. Should I go boomkin or feral? Can feral hold aggro if mage is fire? I like dual mage's but I want to get a druid up also. I only run 2 accounts.
    Run the Druid boomkin, at least until you enter outlands. Until you get well past level 50, the feral druid won't hold agro for more than a few seconds at best. Since the mage is going to have agro anyway, use the elemental abilities of the druid (Starefire, Wrath, Moonfire, even Roots) until the mobs are knocking the mage around too much, at which point it may be worth re-specing to feral, although that will really slow down the killing rate. (Killing speed for mage and elemental druid will only be limited by mana comsumption issues!)

A lot of it depends on play style. If it were me, I'd have the druid as my main, but feral. Bear for tanking? Bah.. who needs a tank most of the time. Just leave the cat in cat form and kill stuff while the mage follows you around from a slight distance. The benefit of boomkin is that you can attack more stuff from a distance, but in the end, it probably doesn't matter much. If you go feral, you can have a bear tank whenever you need it. This way, you'll typically be able to save more mana for when you need it.

As far as holding aggro, its a little more complicated. If you are holding aggro against one character, you aren't killing fast enough. You should be in a dps form. If you are holding aggro against multiple characters, then its usually safer to kill them off one at a time anyway. The bear's roar I believe instantly puts them just a little above the person with the highest aggro, so if the mage gets a crit immediately after, it'll be a pain to turn around and try and gain aggro again. Avoid the bear in the situation, unless you try aoe'ing. If you try AoE'ing, you might as well do boomkin.