Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 23

Default Elemental Oath and Moonkin Aura Don't Stack?

Came across this:

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/09/04...he-wrath-beta/

Read the 4th paragraph where the author states "I was somewhat saddened to find out that my Elemental Oath talent doesn't stack with moonkin aura under the new scheme." This author also states flametongue totem and totem of wrath stack which has been stated as not true by beta testers in this forum so it is entirely possible this author doesn't know what they are talking about.

Edit: Confirmed - http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...65205&sid=2000.

"Spell Critical Strike Chance Buff: Moonkin Aura, Elemental Oath"
    "In each category, you can only benefit from the most powerful spell granting that effect."

I had seen this post before as I'm sure most of us have since it caused all the apprehension over totem stacking but I had not considered it in the druid/shaman context that some people on these forums, including myself, were contemplating due to the loss of ToW stacking. However, the haste from Wrath of Air and Moonkin Aura are considered separate "categories" and therefore should stack but I don't believe that was what most of us were looking for.
    <Blue Man Group>
    Aradar/Ereder/Iridir/Orodor/Urudur
    Duskwood - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=122157#po st122157
    How much +Crit are we really losing?

For Me: (Pally + Resto Shaman + 3x Elemental Shaman)

Old: 3x ToW = 9% Crit/Hit
    New: 1x ToW + Elemental Oath = 8% Crit

So I lost 9% to hit (which someone said WotLK is lowering hit cap to 9% from 16% anyway..) and only 1% to Crit.
    Losing 1%? Whoopee! I'm getting like 360 more +spell power form various places and passive Haste from Wrath of Air totem.
    Oh, and two fire totems to do something besides ToW. Searing? Fire Resist? Who knows.

Now, I'm curious if the Improved Moonkin Aura (Haste Proc.) will stack with anything.

And if you add a Druid to your team, you'll still be ok. When those steams of non-crit come through and you can't get elemental oath to be up, moonkin aura will fill in the gaps.
    Don't get my wrong, I'm not one of the people freaking out, just figured I'd point it out for those considering a druid. Personally, in the end, I think we will all be fine including 5 shaman teams. I also tend to agree with you that you can't go wrong with either a shaman or druid for the conventional shammy teams.

As for the fire totems, as I mentioned in another post, ToW currently reads that it only affects damage and flametongue says both damage and healing which seems contradictory to those elements being consolidated in spell power but I wouldn't throw out flametongue just yet for holy trinity teams such as ours. By the way, if they do stay that way, flametongue is obviously a nerf to healing considering the previous wrath of air gave +101.

Edit: Regarding the haste part of the moonkin aura, as stated in my first post, it is listed in a separate category from Wrath of Air and therefore should stack. The differance seems to be that the moonkin aura affects all attacks whereas Wrath of Air affects spells and there is a third category for melee haste which obviously includes Windfury Totem so in theory it too should stack with moonkin aura.
    <Blue Man Group>
    Duskwood - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=122174#po st122174
    After doing some extensive grouping with Druids, I WOULD NOT ADD ONE to a Shaman team. I have 3 druids in my guild. My Brother, who is more or less equally geared as my Shaman, and a Boomkin Duo that just hit 70. I've run with all three (me tank and heals) or just the duo (me tank heals and one shaman dps).

What I find happening is that Boomkins, no matter how they are geared, pull aggro. A lot. Too much even. And yes, I've got Blessing of Salvation on them, and my tank is pumping out tons of threat. He can hold aggro on my 1200 DPS Shaman easy. But the 500 DPS boomkin duo will pull aggro (wtf you say? I agree).

They get that Wrath haste buff modifier thing (where they crit and the new wrath gets faster or something) and once it reaches max speed, they are pulling aggro unless they completely stop DPSing.

At first I thought it was just my Bro with his gear, because its not too shabby. Then the Boomkins in quest blues and greens did the same thing. Maybe its a bug? Maybe the class is broken, who knows. But if you try and macro in Wrath with Lightning bolts, you'll eventually pull aggro. No matter what you do.

Oh, the back to back 5k starfire crits do it too.
    Yeah, I've heard they are threat kings and can pretty much pull aggro from anything but I had forgotten about that.
    <Blue Man Group>
    Duskwood - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=122174#po st122174
    After doing some extensive grouping with Druids, I WOULD NOT ADD ONE to a Shaman team.
    Why not? If they do a ton of dps and pull agro isnt that a good thing in a shaman team? And, does a druids armor in moonkin form beat a shaman's? if so, then thats another good reason to have them in a shaman group and let them tank away.

If your running a Pally+shaman team then I can see what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by 'ChaoticMonk',index.php?page=Thread&postID=122182# post122182
    After doing some extensive grouping with Druids, I WOULD NOT ADD ONE to a Shaman team.
    Why not? If they do a ton of dps and pull agro isnt that a good thing in a shaman team? And, does a druids armor in moonkin form beat a shaman's? if so, then thats another good reason to have them in a shaman group and let them tank away.

If your running a Pally+shaman team then I can see what you mean.
    He and I both run 1 pally / 4 shaman teams.
    <Blue Man Group>
    Duskwood - Alliance

Are they exceeding you on damage meters or is this purely a broken threat mechanic?
    [align=center][/align]

Just looking around, the balance tree is getting a threat reduction talent of 30% which should go a long way to making this problem go away. It's actually tied in to a talent that previously only increased balance spell range, now it does both. In the current talents, balance has to spec 15 points in to restoration to get 20% reduction. Of the three level 70 balance druids in your guild, 2 don't have any points in it and 1 only has 4 for 16% reduction which may be part of the problem. However, your shammies only have 10% reduction from talents so the 16% druid should be doing better than them but you say all 3 pull aggro. Either way, 30% in the talents should do the trick.
    <Blue Man Group>
    Duskwood - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by 'Havelcek',index.php?page=Thread&postID=122190#pos t122190
    Are they exceeding you on damage meters or is this purely a broken threat mechanic?
    What I find happening is that Boomkins, no matter how they are geared, pull aggro. A lot. Too much even. And yes, I've got Blessing of Salvation on them, and my tank is pumping out tons of threat. He can hold aggro on my 1200 DPS Shaman easy. But the 500 DPS boomkin duo will pull aggro (wtf you say? I agree).
    <Blue Man Group>
    Duskwood - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=122194#po st122194
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Aradar',index.php?page=Thread&postID=122191#post1 22191
    Just looking around, the balance tree is getting a threat reduction talent of 30% which should go a long way to making this problem go away. It's actually tied in to a talent that previously only increased balance spell range, now it does both. In the current talents, balance has to spec 15 points in to restoration to get 20% reduction. Of the three level 70 balance druids in your guild, 2 don't have any points in it and 1 only has 4 for 16% reduction which may be part of the problem. However, your shammies only have 10% reduction from talents so the 16% druid should be doing better than them but you say all 3 pull aggro. Either way, 30% in the talents should do the trick.
    Agreed. Although the changes to Salvation may open up a whole new can of worms.
    Ugh, forgot about that as well. Too many incoming changes to keep it all straight. I'll just say like I did earlier, I think we will all be okay, and leave it at that.
    <Blue Man Group>
    Duskwood - Alliance

What I find happening is that Boomkins, no matter how they are geared, pull aggro
    So have the moonkin tank.

gogo panzerkin!
    Stopped multiboxing to experience raid content with friends.
    Was 2-boxing warlocks until Wrath.
    Regularly lurks, very occasionally posts.