Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 25

Default Demonology Spec on Multi Locks

Quick question for you all still leveling the locks and was wondering if at 62 how viable is it to go Demonology Spec on the locks, or would having one Demo and one Affliction be alright, or should both be Affliction or both Demo. Will Demo be just lagging behind because his mana just wont stay full and cant use Dark Pact. Wanted to try out 2 demo spec and see how they fare at leveling and mana consumption.

Any responses are much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Daggerspine Alliance: Phoebus(Tank), Soozanuna(Heals/Tailor), Angakak (Enchanter), Wakantanaka(Herb/Alch), Znakharka, Jonhyone(JC), Marious(Other Tank/BS), Magnux(Enchanter), Coyolxhauqui(LW)

Quote Originally Posted by 'Marious',index.php?page=Thread&postID=120514#post 120514
    at 62 how viable is it to go Demonology Spec on the locks
    I ran 5 warlocks, and they are level 60 now.

Let me put it this way -- I run a DPS meter at all times. My demonology warlock's PET was doing more damage than my affliction warlocks. Things just died too quickly for dots to last for their full duration.

I respecced 4x demo and 1x aff (for imp CoE) and now all I do is just tap the mob and let the pets cleave it to bits while I go find another mob.

Putting the pet intercept on a castsequence/round robin is also fun.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

Thank you Vyn, great to see your locks are 60+ and destroying WoW content with Demo build.

I saw you got in beta gratz on that as well. Let us know how it goes in there!
    Daggerspine Alliance: Phoebus(Tank), Soozanuna(Heals/Tailor), Angakak (Enchanter), Wakantanaka(Herb/Alch), Znakharka, Jonhyone(JC), Marious(Other Tank/BS), Magnux(Enchanter), Coyolxhauqui(LW)

hmmm..I think this post may have convinced me to re-spec my Warlock..
    the dps I've been noticing has been the lowest in the group. :S
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

Affliction is big on DoTs, so when things die real fast, the DoTs are not very effective. I currently run demo and just dot everything once on the locks and have the felguards finish them off. its really easy leveling.

So I tried it out and I am so used to doing Affliction and the multiple dots that having really just 2 dots is like wow I dont get to mash as many buttons but I guess that's technically good my keyboard will last longer. And no I don't got cast sequence set up, I like to mash multiple buttons now I see myself mashing it for 2 dots and the Felguard mashes its face in rather quick. Will take me some time to get used to it. But on the other hand he does not have any issues tanking the mob so thats a good thing.

So for you guys that do Demo what is the cast sequence you go through?

So far what I did when I tried it a bit ago was as follows:

Send Felguard->CoA->Corr->SB->SB until dead.

Am I missing anything, how can I maximize my DPS on Demo. I'll take a look at the Warlocks den and see what they have also.

Thanks!

CoA -> Cor -> felguard -> move to next mob

Quote Originally Posted by 'Zzc2',index.php?page=Thread&postID=120550#post120 550
    Affliction is big on DoTs, so when things die real fast, the DoTs are not very effective. I currently run demo and just dot everything once on the locks and have the felguards finish them off. its really easy leveling.
    Nail on the head right here. I know the OP is 2-boxing, though... so your results may vary depending on how quickly you kill things or if you're a "SL and run!" type person who gathers up an entire area with 1 set of dots on each mob

I also hear on the lock forums that from 60-65 or so Demonology is higher DPS than aff. It doesn't scale as well at 70, but it's a good leveling spec.

My dps rotation was CoA + felguard, move to next mob before the first mob dies. CoA + felguard next mob, the first mob dies thanks to cleaves and the CoA ticks.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

So Skip Corr entirely and just CoA->Felguard and grab another target. Sounds good see how it works out tonight when I try it out. Yup just 2 locks. All this fun makes me want to grab another account and level more locks for some real fun times.

So here is another question, for instance running I am still trying to get use to it where I have my 2 locks and my priest and fill in with another DPS plus a tank, I tried out Ramps and after a bit got the hang of it but I'm kind of slow. Tried BF and got destroyed. So what kind of makeup would you all suggest for doing instance runs on the trio? Priest is holy/disc spec at the moment so that I dont really have to find a healer as well as a tank. But maybe I should just have priest go back to shadow and find the healer/tank instead of doing healing myself, found it kind of hard to do, but I am a noob at multiboxing still so it might get easier as time passes.

Thanks for the responses.