Quote Originally Posted by 'jheinn',index.php?page=Thread&postID=120243#post1 20243
The issue is with having an alpha-numeric password for WoW ( not Hotkeynet's password ), and using hotkeynet along with the broadcast feature, my laptop was saying "I need a target" and my computer was laughing at me trying repeatedly to input my password, and not being able to put the numbers in =(.
Oh I see. Not to belabor HotkeyNet, but since this has come up, I'll mention that I added a new command to HotkeyNet a day or two ago for launching WoW. It's much easier now to enter WoW account names and passwords. If you want to try again, let me know and I'll help you.

Quote Originally Posted by 'jheinn',index.php?page=Thread&postID=120243#post1 20243
I guess my main problem is not knowing how to ask the questions I have, and not being so computer literate. But! I do plan to take computer classes online, as well as some programming classes since I am unable to physically go to college ( back problems ).
I think the main thing that distinguishes people who manage to become decent programmers is that it's fun for them. It's like a game to them. If you react that way to it, then naturally you do it and learn it. If you don't, then learning to program is pretty unpleasant. And if you're in the first category, then the main thing you need to do to learn is write programs. Any kind of programs in any sort of language. That could include "simple" forms of programming lke spreadsheets and web pages and even multiboxing scripts.

And, I am enjoying multiboxing, even if I am doing it all manually. I switch back and forth pretty fast, and since both are casters, I have time enough to cast on each. The healing part, I am a little bad at, but I'm learning quickly.
This may sound odd but almost all my multiboxing was done by hand. I multiboxed for years in Dark Age of Camelot without third-party software. Then when I got bored with DAOC, I wrote HotkeyNet. My hope was that HotkeyNet would open a new dimension on an old game and make me enthusiastic again. But it didn't happen. I never played again, except for testing. And I've never gotten interested in other mmorpg's since then. So I'm probably the only person out of the 750 people in the HotkeyNet beta test who never uses it.

Maybe I should go to the bookstore and get some books that help me script things like this. I love the ideas behind the programs, and Hotkeynet's instruction manual was fabulous, without it I would not have gotten anywhere at all.
Thanks, I appreciate that. I can't think of any books that would help but I don't know exactly what you think you need to know. Like I said, if you want to try HotkeyNet again I'll be glad to answer your questions.

I understand feeling like you don't know how to ask questions. But I think that's always the case for everybody when we learn something new. After we find out the answer, we realize the question should have been phrased differently. But still, even though it always works that way, we have to ask our imperfect questions in order to learn.

To put it another way, learning is a process of asking the wrong question, adjusting it, asking again, adjusting it, etc.