Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 16 of 16

Quote Originally Posted by 'jheinn',index.php?page=Thread&postID=120243#post1 20243
    The issue is with having an alpha-numeric password for WoW ( not Hotkeynet's password ), and using hotkeynet along with the broadcast feature, my laptop was saying "I need a target" and my computer was laughing at me trying repeatedly to input my password, and not being able to put the numbers in =(.
    Oh I see. Not to belabor HotkeyNet, but since this has come up, I'll mention that I added a new command to HotkeyNet a day or two ago for launching WoW. It's much easier now to enter WoW account names and passwords. If you want to try again, let me know and I'll help you.

Quote Originally Posted by 'jheinn',index.php?page=Thread&postID=120243#post1 20243
    I guess my main problem is not knowing how to ask the questions I have, and not being so computer literate. But! I do plan to take computer classes online, as well as some programming classes since I am unable to physically go to college ( back problems ).
    I think the main thing that distinguishes people who manage to become decent programmers is that it's fun for them. It's like a game to them. If you react that way to it, then naturally you do it and learn it. If you don't, then learning to program is pretty unpleasant. And if you're in the first category, then the main thing you need to do to learn is write programs. Any kind of programs in any sort of language. That could include "simple" forms of programming lke spreadsheets and web pages and even multiboxing scripts.

And, I am enjoying multiboxing, even if I am doing it all manually. I switch back and forth pretty fast, and since both are casters, I have time enough to cast on each. The healing part, I am a little bad at, but I'm learning quickly.
    This may sound odd but almost all my multiboxing was done by hand. I multiboxed for years in Dark Age of Camelot without third-party software. Then when I got bored with DAOC, I wrote HotkeyNet. My hope was that HotkeyNet would open a new dimension on an old game and make me enthusiastic again. But it didn't happen. I never played again, except for testing. And I've never gotten interested in other mmorpg's since then. So I'm probably the only person out of the 750 people in the HotkeyNet beta test who never uses it.

Maybe I should go to the bookstore and get some books that help me script things like this. I love the ideas behind the programs, and Hotkeynet's instruction manual was fabulous, without it I would not have gotten anywhere at all.
    Thanks, I appreciate that. I can't think of any books that would help but I don't know exactly what you think you need to know. Like I said, if you want to try HotkeyNet again I'll be glad to answer your questions.

I understand feeling like you don't know how to ask questions. But I think that's always the case for everybody when we learn something new. After we find out the answer, we realize the question should have been phrased differently. But still, even though it always works that way, we have to ask our imperfect questions in order to learn.

To put it another way, learning is a process of asking the wrong question, adjusting it, asking again, adjusting it, etc.
    �Author of HotkeyNet and Mojo

Well I run it on my PC on XP Pro and my laptop on Vista and it works fine. It includes everything you need and setting up what keys to broadcast is simple. There's also a few guides that run you through setting it all up. :thumbup:

octopus works,unles something happened the last 12 hours or so

im new to boxing aswell,and i heard and read everywhere that Keyclone is the way to go...but i decide to give octopus a go,cause its free,and i wanted to see if i could get my head around all this before i bought keyclone.

well..im still using octopus,not saying that keyclone isnt better,i wouldnt know,just saying that octopus worked great for me

try it out at least,its not so bad to understand,and u can get tutorials from the forum.

good luck with boxing
    Isheepx-Isheepz (Grim Batol EU PvP)

2X Fire Mage

10------20------30------40------50------60------70

I have not personally tried out Hotkeynet but from what some say its a great program though it takes a bit to setup if you have never dealt with a program just like it.

I use Octopus, now as far as Vista is concerned you might have the whole admin thing going there, quiet a few programs have issues on Vista due to the admin restrictions. Now to solve this you will need to make sure you have admin rights, this might mean you will go in as admin or set up and input the admin password I do not have vista but everytime I see something with vista and some of the programs they talk about here it is due to admin issues.

I hope this is not the case since I will be setting one up this weekend on a vista machine for my friend, he is not very computer literate so got to help him out since he has 2 accounts and wants to multibox.
    Daggerspine Alliance: Phoebus(Tank), Soozanuna(Heals/Tailor), Angakak (Enchanter), Wakantanaka(Herb/Alch), Znakharka, Jonhyone(JC), Marious(Other Tank/BS), Magnux(Enchanter), Coyolxhauqui(LW)

Quote Originally Posted by jheinn View Post
    I heard octopus doesn't work anymore, or maybe it doesn't work for vista? my friend told me that it's more complicated than the others, which is why I shy away from it
    Works fine on my win7 64bit.

Octopus is good, you just have to make macros, though it's easier for autohotkey if you're just 2 boxing. When you build up alot of toons then autohotkey eventually becomes unreliable, and you're forced to use other programs such as HKN or Octopus.

I use octopus and I have to make assist macro for every ability for a maximum multiboxing performance.
    Last edited by kaiverrettu : 03-18-2012 at 08:39 AM

Thanks a ton for necro'ing a thread from over 3 years ago.

Locking thread.