Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default [WoW] Unbinding the ESC key from the Options/Logout Menu

Hi all,

I keep having this problem (not a big problem really) where i press Esc to cancel a spell or close a vendor/quest/etc window on the current main toon, and end up having one of my slaves with the Options menu open (Video/sound/interface/logout..)

I'm sure this must have happened to a few of us.

So here i press ESC again to get rid of that screen, and obviously now *another* clone has the screen up.
    is there any way to get rid of the link between the Esc key and the options screen?
    Or maybe a key that only "closes" that menu?

Nothing important really, just annoying sometimes.
    My workaround so far is to taregt a mob and make sure that all slaves have it targetted as well, *then* press ESC.
    the slave with the menu will close it, and the other slaves will only de-target. (and not open the menu)

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
    -Zub.
    .[I

Default RE: [WoW] Unbinding the ESC key from the Options/Logout Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 'Zub',index.php?page=Thread&postID=118094#post1180 94
    Hi all,

I keep having this problem (not a big problem really) where i press Esc to cancel a spell or close a vendor/quest/etc window on the current main toon, and end up having one of my slaves with the Options menu open (Video/sound/interface/logout..)

I'm sure this must have happened to a few of us.

So here i press ESC again to get rid of that screen, and obviously now *another* clone has the screen up.
    is there any way to get rid of the link between the Esc key and the options screen?
    Or maybe a key that only "closes" that menu?

Nothing important really, just annoying sometimes.
    My workaround so far is to taregt a mob and make sure that all slaves have it targetted as well, *then* press ESC.
    the slave with the menu will close it, and the other slaves will only de-target. (and not open the menu)

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
    -Zub.
    I add Escape to the Do-Not-Pass list in Keyclone. Seems to work well for me.
    HEY YOU! YEAH, YOU! YOU, THE ONE WHO CAME HERE AFTER SEEING SOMEONE MUTLIBOXING AND JUST GOT HERE

Antec Twelve Hundred Case
    eVGA 680i LT Mobo
    e6600 CPU
    XFX 9800GX2 GPU
    1200W PSU
    28" Hanns-G Monitor
    Logitech G9 Mouse
    Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard

Use jump to cancel spells? :P

heh, i use ESC to close all sorts of windows as well (vendor/talents/quests/professions etc) and jump doesnt work in thoses cases.

I have tried not passing ESC as well, but then as you mentioned you need to jump to cancel spells, but jumping eats a whole couple of seconds before you can recast again (time to land), it's very inefficient.
    best way i've found it to hit my formation key for a split second, which makes all my toons move (but they can recast right away). the problem THEN is that it breaks follow lol.

As i was saying, it's not a big deal, but it's one of those little things that annoys me when it happens hehe.

Thanks for the suggestions tho
    -Zub
    .[I

Oh, if you're worried about cancelling spells, I use my "Big Button" which has /stopcasting in it.
    HEY YOU! YEAH, YOU! YOU, THE ONE WHO CAME HERE AFTER SEEING SOMEONE MUTLIBOXING AND JUST GOT HERE

eVGA 680i LT Mobo
    e6600 CPU
    XFX 9800GX2 GPU
    1200W PSU
    28" Hanns-G Monitor
    Logitech G9 Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by 'Zub',index.php?page=Thread&postID=118107#post1181 07
    i use ESC to close all sorts of windows as well (vendor/talents/quests/professions etc) and jump doesnt work in thoses cases
    nor will /stopcasting :-)
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by 'Zub',index.php?page=Thread&postID=118169#post1181 69
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Zub',index.php?page=Thread&postID=118107#post1181 07
    i use ESC to close all sorts of windows as well (vendor/talents/quests/professions etc) and jump doesnt work in thoses cases
    nor will /stopcasting :-)
    If I need to close out certain windows on my alts, I just click onto that window and press escape. Maybe not the best / fastest way but ive been doing it so much that its fast.

eVGA 680i LT Mobo
    e6600 CPU
    XFX 9800GX2 GPU
    1200W PSU
    28" Hanns-G Monitor
    Logitech G9 Mouse

I had the same problem and asked about it a couple of months ago here.

There are some good ideas in that thread, although I ended up not using any so far.

I'll repeat my post from that thread then

You can avoid this by making sure they all have a target.

My "reset" sequence is F1 (target self) ESC (close everything, just untarget if they didn't have anything open).

Still works like a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocalypse',index.php?page=Thread&postID=118338#pos t118338]I had the same problem and asked about it a couple of months ago [url='http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Thread&postID=98126&highlight=unbin ding+esc#post98126
    here[/url].

There are some good ideas in that thread, although I ended up not using any so far.
    Yup, that's EXACTLY what i was looking for, thanks. I'll have a go at the suggestions
    .[I