Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default New MBer and a huge thank you...

I just wanted to post to acknowledge all of the extremely helpful information both on the forum here and at the wiki. I'd only recently started looking into MBing, and with RaF (plus a new computer upgrade was approaching) I decided to give it a shot. I'm a WoW vet who loves to run alts, so 5x more is no bother ;-)

I've not asked any questions. I've just been reading the wealth of knowledge present here on the forums and at the wiki. Everything anyone who is just starting out could possibly need is a simple search away, guaranteed. I've been able to accomplish my MBing thus far not by my own understanding, but by my ability learn from others. Each of us has this ability! So, thank you all for making us MBing n00bs able to get themselves up and running with just a little effort on their part and a lot of work by you all.

Now, I'm running 5x Ele shammies as it seems the thing to do for starters and I'm absolutely loving it. My setup is simple: I have an E8500 with one 8800GT/512, 4GB Ram, Vista 64-bit and 2 internal drives, one being a Raptor. I'm using 2 widescreens, with my main screen being the main account. All 4 RaFs are on the 2nd widescreen, care of Keyclone which is fantastic! I have my main on the standard WoW install on the Raptor, 2x in a copy folder on the Raptor and the final 2x on the other drive in a copy folder of WoW. All of these run and load brilliantly. I use focus thus far, but am open to decreasing targetting lag and possibly switching to no-focus, if it works 'quicker'. I'm going to stick with PvE for the next few months.

I've not crashed, run into memory issues, or anything -- mostly due to the trials and tribulations of those before me, whom I've clearly learned from. I get tells in game all the time. Most say MBers are leet, if you're into that sort of thing ;-) Some say I'm a bot, some just ask about how to do it.

The moral of my story I guess is that you can do this, with a little effort and a lot of learning. Be respectful of this community, because they've truly shared and dedicated themselves to what really amounts to being an art form. I'm so glad I've started dabbling, and I can't wait for the Outlands!

Im glad your multiboxing start has turned out well. /hug
    HEY YOU! YEAH, YOU! YOU, THE ONE WHO CAME HERE AFTER SEEING SOMEONE MUTLIBOXING AND JUST GOT HERE

Antec Twelve Hundred Case
    eVGA 680i LT Mobo
    e6600 CPU
    XFX 9800GX2 GPU
    1200W PSU
    28" Hanns-G Monitor
    Logitech G9 Mouse
    Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard

Somebody has to pave the way. But it is nice if the trailblazers share their knowledge. It truly makes the world a better place.

Glad we could be of help and I do encourage you to give back if you can!

Have fun boxing!
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US

Awesome! Welcome to the fold.

/salute
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

starting as 2x boxer now heh working on getting 3.

Everything anyone who is just starting out could possibly need is a simple search away, guaranteed. I've been able to accomplish my MBing thus far not by my own understanding, but by my ability learn from others.
    Amen.

My utmost respect to all of you out there - new and old, posters and lurkers - who have just silently and successfully gotten on with setting up your multi-boxing adventures :love:

A thread worthy of a few stars.

Just a quick update -- I've been able to run RFC, SFK and BFD. They're too much fun! I hit 30 last night and so far it has been very smooth sailing. Great macros, great strategies, great software (keyclone is tremendous!), fun times.

One thing I've noticed to be invaluable is the mute key in keyclone - toggle to stop broadcasting to the other windows, and also I don't pass my chat starter keys... "/" or "Enter." This makes all the accidental chat-spam from my followers disappear and I no longer have to worry about responding to tells and general chat ;-)

Again, thanks everyone for such a great community.

Speaking of toggling broadcasting. Guess who the idiot was who had his main up, logged into his 3 accounts, and all the login info was broadcast in guild chat?

That would be me, I couldn't get to www.worldofwarcraft.com fast enough. Not that I don't trust my guilies, you just never know... I can't be the only one that has done this, right??
    US - Garona - Horde
    3x Sham + 1 Boom (Mooietonto, Mooiebravo, Mooiemacho, Eldude)
    1-----|-----10-----|-----20-----|-----30-----|-----40-----|-----50-----|-----60-----|-----70-----|-----80

3 x mage + 1 priest(Níghtofnee, Nightofneé, Nightofnée, Scareyspice)
    1-----|-----10-----|-----20------|-----30-----|-----40-----|-----50-----|-----60-----|----70-----|-----80

could have been worse... just as well you didn't use trade or general chat last ;(
    ​