Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default 2 Video Cards, 4 Monitors, quad-view?

I have a foxxcon motherboard with 2 PCI video card slots.

The 'blue' slot one is my NVIDIA 8800 GTS 640mb with attached cooling system. And to it I have a 22" LCD Widescreen, and a 19" CTR monitor, currently using NIVIDIA control pannel in dual-view. Works great with Keyclone.

I'm going for a 4 monitor setup, I have tried putting in a PCI ATI video card in the 'black' PCI slot, but... the computer can't find the card without updating the drivers. But if I update the drivers, it overwrites the NVIDIA drivers, and this process repeats itself over and over regardless of how I attempt to get both video cards together. So no go.

I have read in many places that using 2 NVIDIA cards of the same series would work for quad-view. In other words, another 8800 gts, or a 8500, just another 8 series. But I have actually spoken with my motherboards creators, and they said it wouldn't work because a while ago Intel didn't want to pay for licensing so more then 1 NVIDIA card will not be compatible with that foxxcon motherboard, and they suggested to switch to 2 ATI cards as it would work for 4 monitors with that. But I don't want to switch, I like my NIVIDIA card.

Anyone have suggestions. The motherboard also does not support SLI.

And a second question: I'm tri-boxing 3 shamans, I currently have my 2 slaves running on my 2nd 80g HD, and both drives has winXP on it, would wiping the 2nd HD and just having World of Warcraft on it make the 2 slaves run faster?

And a third question: When I use picture-in-picture with Keyclone, my slave from a 19" CTR monitor moves to the 22" widescreen and swaps with my main, they have different monitor sizes, and the configuration goes all funny, is there a way to set each configuration for both the monitors and have it save? Or should I set up 'widescreen' look on the CTR monitor thats the same proportions/scale?

And the final question: My main is 70, my 2 slaves are 40, what Instance would be better, Zul'Farrak, Sunken Temple, or Black Rock Depths? Or would questing at this point be faster. I'm not linked with Recruit a Friend, I missed the start of it... I upgraded my accounts to standard from trial 45 minutes before they advertised the new Recruit a Friend system Currently I get about 11% exp from a full Zul'Farrak run for my level 40's, and it takes about 45 minutes to clear it.

Thanks for reading!

I'd imagine the point about Intel not wanting to pay licensing is more to do with supporting NVIDIA SLI, where both cards drive the same monitor. I'd be very surprised if you couldn't use two video cards in a non-SLI setup.
    Outland EU - Orc Shamans: Toth[aeiou]
    Al'Akir EU - Night Elf Hunters: Venatrix[aeiou]
    Core i7 920 - Intel DX58SO board - 6GB Corsair DDR3-1333 - GeForce GTX285 1GB - 2x Dell 2407FPW LCD
    Windows 7 Ultimate RC 64-bit - Keyclone