Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default What MMOs have a free trial and are good for me.

Hello, Im glad i found a community here dedicated to dual-boxing and multiboxing. I have some questions, i played DAOC for the past few years and multi-boxed there(well 4 accts on my 1 PC, dunno if thats considered multiboxing lol) and im now looking for a new MMORPG to pass time. Here is my PC specs.

Manufacturer:
    NVIDIA

Processor:
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory:
    4094MB RAM

Hard Drive:
    660 GB Total

Video Card:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Monitor:
    22" Acer Widescreen AL2223W

Sound Card:
    Realtek HD Audio output

Speakers/Headphones:
    CA HS1100 Headset

Keyboard:
    Logitech Wireless EX110

Mouse:
    Logitech Wireless EX110

Mouse Surface:
    Metal Mouse Pad

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790) Service Pack 2 (3790.srv03_sp2_gdr.070321-2337)

Motherboard:
    EVGA 122-CK-NF67-T1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i LT SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

Computer Case:
    Sunbeam Transformer IC-TR-US-BA-WOPSU Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

And here was my setup for DAOC
    http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...untitled-7.jpg

I use HKN(hotkeynet), mousemachine and a hex editor

Anyways im curious if there are any other MMOs that have a free trial that i can try with the same setup/multiple accounts per computer.

Thanks in advance.

Albion/Igraine: Iconocaust (Armsman) / Laderiux (Cleric) / Calderice (Ice Wizzy) / Kalonia (Ice Wizzy) - Retired team
    HKN and a Nice computer

I guess i need to add a few questions to my post,
    First
    which of these games can i run multiple accts on 1 PC
    second
    who has played any of these and i am trying to stay away from WoW.

Thanks for the response

Albion/Igraine: Iconocaust (Armsman) / Laderiux (Cleric) / Calderice (Ice Wizzy) / Kalonia (Ice Wizzy) - Retired team
    HKN and a Nice computer

I played EVE out of the ones he listed there.

Its boring as hell, and takes about 1 year + to become even remotely competative.

Its very much suited for multiboxing however. They even patched the client a few weeks ago to make it work better with multiple clients open.
    SingleHelix, DoubleHelix, TrippleHelix, QuadHelix, Sandaleth(70) (4x Shaman 1 x Paladin)
    Current level : 70

Currently on hold : Sandalith(40), Sandaloth(40), Sandaluth(70), Sandalath(40)
    http://lorune.blogspot.com/

Daoc was way easy to learn and get the feel for and whatnot

guess its always strange trying new MMOs lol

HKN and a Nice computer

How did you get 4 instances of DAoC to run? Did they change the way it loads? I thought you used to only be able to have 2 instances running at any given time.
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

no one computer can only run two instances still, i was able to hex edit a file (which is bannable) and get 4 or more to run

HKN and a Nice computer

hehe, that was also the way to MB in ultima online. Hex Edit the client to allow more then 1 running at the same time.
    SingleHelix, DoubleHelix, TrippleHelix, QuadHelix, Sandaleth(70) (4x Shaman 1 x Paladin)
    Current level : 70

Currently on hold : Sandalith(40), Sandaloth(40), Sandaluth(70), Sandalath(40)
    http://lorune.blogspot.com/

To the OP:

I've got basically the same PC as you and I can run 5 WoWs without stress, it will also run at least 4 copies of EVE at once but as Lorune said EVE is terminally boring and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Try World of Warhammer
    Sanctume [Paladin] + [Team Shaman] Sanctumea + Sanctumei + Sanctumeo

Back before I ever heard of Keyclone, I 2 and 3 boxed World of Kung Fu beta on one computer.
    It's one of those game's that's free to play, but you're able to buy "Gold" pieces with your credit card, and this "Gold" can be used on exclusive items.
    It's also possible to never pay a cent and be the top guild in the game (None of them had ever bought gold. They used ingame currency (Taels) they had farmed to trade for Gold.
    Very fun game, easy to run even if you're doing it without a keyboard emulator. I'd recommend a spear user (AoE grinder) with a Fans (healer) or Hooks (great buffs and minor heals) partner to 2box. Anything past that would be gravy.
    -Mc