Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 40

Default The most important thing about starting a new team (no, actually favorite team name)

I did some searching for "best team name" "team name" and "favorite team name" and was surprised to not find anything (btw could the search function include a check for "search only in thread titles?)

I'm sure most of you guys agree, even more important than class composition, even more than getting the toons' appearance perfect, even more important than the perfect toon names..

the name of your team is the most important factor when starting a team. I got my new memory in last night and hope to get battlechests on the commute and start setting up over the holiday weekend, but I don't have a name yet.

1- What's your favorite team name? or toon name convention?

Personally the ones I love the best from lurking and asking a few questions as I get started are The Daltons and the Zins.

2- If you have a team or teams, what's the story or source of your team name or the toon names you used?

I actually do think a good set of toon names and team name is important, because I have in the past literally not played some alts as much because I didn't like the name over time. I also play my non-RAF baby shaman because her name is a juvenile but obscure joke on the fact that a female shaman in tuxedo pants is entirely prone to cameltoe.

edit: I've gone through so many variants or gimmick team names in my head, currently I'm considering "Fox Force Five" for a group of 4 female draenai shammies who will either pair with a main account pally or shammy to be.

Well my guild name is pretty self explanatory I believe. As for my toons, Draenei are a faction of uncorrupted "Eredar". My intent was to use Eredar and then change the vowels around but it was taken so I went with what I have now.

Edit: My SPriest team which sits at level 10 and probably will for some time are all Draenei as well so the guild tag still fits. I would like to guild them as Shadow Council but I own all 6 tabs in my guild bank and don't really feel like having to manage two banks. Anyhow, their names are variations of the Greek word for Priest.
    <Blue Man Group>
    Aradar/Ereder/Iridir/Orodor/Urudur
    Duskwood - Alliance

I just started a few teams this past week to try out different classes; nothing great but this is what I have currently:

<Tribe>
    Qtipp, Phifedawg, Shaheed, Bonita, Applebum
    (named for my all time favorite band, Tribe Called Quest)

<QQ BBQ>
    Ripplechip, Oniondip, Beanies, Weenies
    (another band/song reference, any guessers? =)

<Fake Id>
    Bourbon, Tequila, Brandi, Vodkette

<Orange and Maroon>
    Hokie, Budfoster, (adding more in my next push)

I'm thinking of one more but not sure if I'd get away with it....

<Happy Endings>
    Spinner, Fluffer, Shocker, Critlicker

EDIT: I've got a dwarf hunter by the name of Schortbus but not sure what to do with him as far as a team goes though.
    My one and only 70 currently is my main, prot pally Talamarr; I guess I could do a <LOL Roleplayers> group =)

Quote Originally Posted by 'Talamarr',index.php?page=Thread&postID=112686#pos t112686
    <Happy Endings>
    Spinner, Fluffer, Shocker, Critlicker
    That's hillarious.
    <Blue Man Group>
    Aradar/Ereder/Iridir/Orodor/Urudur
    Duskwood - Alliance

I did some searching for "best team name" "team name" and "favorite team name" and was surprised to not find anything
    That's because, in WoW at least, teams are usually grouped into their own guild. Search again for "guid name" and you'll find quite a few hits

True, though on this site everyone talks about their team name moreso than the guild name, though obviously they use a separate guild tag to show their team name.

*wanders off to search* Yep, one short thread about guild names here, though there's a link to a 9-page thread on the official forums with some good ideas mixed in with a lot of the anti-MB feces throwing chimps posting <I'm a loser> type slams. Lot of talk about the Zerg and the Zerglings under "guild name" though. That and guild acceptance of MB.

*Feigns Death to drop Otlecs aggro on a nearby healer*

My names are stuff like:
    Yatan, Yatin, Yaton, Yatun, and Yaten
    Zatta, Zatti, Zatto, Zattu, and Zatte
    Gatta, Gatti, Gatto, Gattu and Gatte
    Pillage 80 Human DK, Kasini 71 NE Druid, Lato 71 BE Mage, Kawmisir 70 BE Pally, Akinta 65 NE Hunter, Raco 61 Dranei Shaman on Ravencrest Multibox Projects: 3 Elem Shaman / 2 Moonkin and group 2 is 4 Affliction Locks / 1 Holy Priest

My names all begin with a Z.

Mages get Z*n*
    Priests get Z*n*r*
    Shaman get Z*rsh*
    Warlocks get Z*ln*

I'm not concerned with guilding them right now, or creating clever team names. I'm more than satisfied with interesting toon names that follow a particular convention.
    Whisperwind Alliance (70): Zanir
    Whisperwind Alliance (60): Zarshad, Zanim, Zanil, Zarshan, Zennara
    Archimonde Horde (21): Zennavre, Zienalla, Zelnaara
    Zul'jin Horde (13): Zenaar, Zenive, Zelnaara

"Playing with myself" is my favorite multiboxer guild name, which is why I picked it for my guild. I'm not happy with my shaman character names atm, mainly because Zthun doesn't fit the scheme. I'll probably name change him later. I do like my warlock team names and the latest one for my mage team. Chugnaruac, Khugnaruac, Xhugnaruac and Zhugnaruac.

When I use to multibox the old fashion way, when I used a keyboard and mouse for each computer I would always name my tag-along characters stuff that would make it nearly impossible to send them tells. Names like Cliiblibh were very common and in fact that name was one of my favorites for a long time. In fact I think I may remake my mage team to Cliiblibh, Cliiblihb,Cliibliibh, Cliibliihb.

I like using foreign (non English) words for common English words. google translator is your friend.