Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Couple of questions on handling multiple Keyclone setups.

Background:
    Since the implementation of the new RAF features I have multiple teams. I only have 2 RAF accounts, they will quest by themselves but also be boosted through instances. I also have my "main" team.

I need multiple Maximizer set ups to accommodate the different team sizes. I have this using the import/export feature as a save/load. Work fine.
    I also have all my accounts set up as keyclone commands. Easy enough.

I had a "Startup Command" set up and that also worked. But, since I use different accounts depending on the situation, I had to disable that.

Now I launch Keyclone then manually launch each WoW. If I need to I will load the proper Maximizer settings. Then, in Key Clone, assign a Maximizer region and, in Task Manager, assign affinity.

Doing all this does not kill me but I would like to be more efficient.

Questions
    So, is there a way to launch my defined Keyclone commands from within Keyclone other then as Startup Commands?

Is it possible to send Keyclone a switch telling it to use a specific .ini file on startup?

Is there a better way to handle what I am trying to do?

Comments
    I could set up Keyclone, copy the .ini file out. Do that for each different setup I have. Then write a set of scripts/batch files that copy a specific .ini copy to keyclone.ini and launch Keyclone. Again, not horribly painful but not the cleanest way to do it.

Within Keyclone the easist* way to do this would be a switch that allows you to choose an .ini file. An option to export your .ini file (just like a maximizer file) would also be useful for this.

Another option would be a way to launch the already existing Keyclone Commands manually. Which, I would think exists but I can not figure out.

*by easiest I mean in my non programming mind, never having looked at the code or really have any clue how it works. In a Unix shell script, which I am a pro at, it would be easy to implement.

Thanks again for a very good product at a very good price and your ongoing commitment to both the product and its support. I really mean it and am not just trying to kiss your ass.

i believe this will be handled in the upcoming release

Quote Originally Posted by 'keyclone',index.php?page=Thread&postID=112152#pos t112152
    i believe this will be handled in the upcoming release

yessssssssssss

Is it coming soon?

Oh and may I ask how you are doing it? Or should I just be patient and wait and see?

Personally I have about 8 copies of keyclone on my main machine. It's tiny, each time I build a new team I just copy the folder, rename it for the team, Reconfigure, etc... then I add a shortcut to that keyclone to my desktop.
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

I do this:

For each differing setup I create all the windows in maximizer and create commands for each. so if I have 1 set of 4 and1 set of 5, I have 9 defined commands/regions.

Depending on what I'm doing, I'll then launch them manually all at once using semi colons... Region1;Region2;Region3;BigOneorsomething (case sensitive).... sometimes I'll even mod the ini, so that only the groupings I want show in the dropdown... it'd be nice to be able to say I want "Group1" and have it launch four commands, but this solution works very well so far, even if a tad cluttered in the maximizer settings.

???Multiplicity (Norgannon US Horde)???????Classes??????Levels??
    ????????Crotchrot, Zupity, Zapity???????Lock, Priests??63, 28x2?
    ?Huntârd, Huntärd, Huntàrd and Huntård?????Hunters????????51?????RAF

Personally I have about 8 copies of keyclone on my main machine. It's tiny, each time I build a new team I just copy the folder, rename it for the team, Reconfigure, etc... then I add a shortcut to that keyclone to my desktop.
    Duh.

Why didn't I think of that?!

I two, three and five box at different times and end up importing/exporting maximizer layouts to suit. Having multiple installations and just launching the one I want would have been much easier.

It's probably not worth changing my approach now though, if KC is going to handling configurations a bit better in the next release