Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Feasibility of two clients on my machine?

Core 2 Duo T2500 @ 2.00GHz
    1.0GB of RAM (My primary concern.)
    NVIDIA 7600GT Go (Yes, laptop.)
    Windows XP MCE 2005
    Can't remember the HDD speed off the top of my head. 100GB x2 striped. Probably 5400.
    17" WUXGA

I know I can run 2, but I'm curious as to the whether I can expect reasonable framerates in pvp, etc.

Will I be able to at least get rolling with just another account and keyclone, or am I really going to need another input? (x-keys, N52, whatever I decide on.) I have a G11 and an MX1000 lying around somewhere, but I'm on the go so much I just got used to using the built in keyboard, and a VX Revolution mouse.

Very interested in getting a proper 5-box setup, but I tend to lose interest in things, and don't have the finances to do it right now anyway, so I'm trying to start small, get a feel for the macros I'll need, etc.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Also undecided on whether I want to roll a FOTM 2s team, start 2 of the members of my theoretical 5, supplementing them with one of my current 70s, and later leveling 2 more, or simply roll a single other character, and help it level with one of my current characters. I don't think I want to start my 5s team, because I think it would be much more fun to level all 5 at once, and would give me very valuable experience that I'll need at 70.

*ahem* sorry to ramble.

Thanks again.

Try it. You almost certainly can without any major difficulty with a dual core system. Graphics card might be a problem and 1 gig of ram isnt as good as 2 but give it a shot in a populated area and see what happens. The PTRs should be up, or use a 10 day trial.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US

Quote Originally Posted by Xzin
    Try it. You almost certainly can without any major difficulty with a dual core system. Graphics card might be a problem and 1 gig of ram isnt as good as 2 but give it a shot in a populated area and see what happens. The PTRs should be up, or use a 10 day trial.
    Completely forgot about the PTR. ops:

Downloading the client now.

Hmm. Outlook not good. Both clients in Shattrath with modest mods is unplayable - 6-15 FPS, and extremely choppy. Out a ways in Terrokar I got 20-30 FPS while on the move, only slightly choppy.

No mods, draenei starting zone I saw 20-40, and almost no choppiness. Looks like at best I'll be able to level up, clearly no serious pvp until I can work out a better solution. Perhaps this is a hobby best shelved until I have more income. Very much looking forward to seeing your new setup though, Xzin.

Hit Ctrl+alt+delete and go into task manager. Set processor affinity. One client to use Cpu0, other to use Cpu1. Should help iron things out.
    WTF? RUN! Wow Multiboxing Blog

also make sure clients are running in windowed mode, 800x600 (increase if all goes well).

i can run 3 clients on my old laptop(single core 1.5GHz, 64M grfx RAM, 1G DDR2), but i only get 25 fps.