Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Looking for advice..

So I now, through the magic of raf, have a 5 man team that consists of 5 different classes.
    They are, Paladin, Mage, Warlock, Priest, Druid.
    I power leveled them and used some raf bonus levels so I find myself with an acute lack of direction for how to best play them now, as a team.

Before going through the first few outland quest chains to gear them up, I figured I would need a plan to best decide what gear to get.

A few of my questions are, how would you spec and run the team. Paly or druid tank? Priest or Druid main healer? Stuff like that.

One goal I have is to choose specs that are as simple as possible to run, because playing 5 seperate classes feels like alot of multitasking as is.

So my initial feeling is:
    Tank: Prot Paladin. Seems like the easiest tank to manage. Only downside is I have some pretty extensive experience druid tanking already.
    DPS: Mage and Warlock. No brainers here I think, one question is what to spec warlock? I'm actually leaning to affliction, as it is pretty easy to make a macro that just loads dots. Plus with dots I'm hoping to manage her aggro easier. Kind of a fire and forget spec for these purposes.

Healer: ????. now here I'm really looking for some advice, I have two strong choices, Priest (duh), or Druid. With one possible third choice the pally. However I am pretty set on using the pally to tank. Should it be an issue of main healer and backup healer, or just one healer and another dps, either class can dps right shadow priest or boomkin?

The second advice I'm looking for is how to approach outlands, I do want to do the 5 mans as I go up, at least once for the challenge and fun, but I doubt I will want to grind them. Does anyone just grind instances, is it really alot slower than questing. Also I found nothing but collection quests when I got to outlands, please tell me it gets better?

I'm also considering playing a level solo with each character to catch up on lost play skill from power leveling them all.

Obviously I don't expect anyone who responds to have to tackle evry question, if you just have some advice on one aspect, like who heals or what spec to make a mage, I'm all ears.

Just crazy, u have the exact same grouping as my new uldaman group. i would spec balance on the druid and prot on the palli.

Quote Originally Posted by 'KSboxers',index.php?page=Thread&postID=109121#pos t109121
    Just crazy, u have the exact same grouping as my new uldaman group. i would spec balance on the druid and prot on the palli.
    While druids are great healers, stacking lifeblooms and hots isn't a fire and forget thing you can put in a macro, it has to be managed and timed with a little bit more finesse. Heal with the priest, group heals and fire and forget healing make it better for boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by 'moji',index.php?page=Thread&postID=109146#post109 146

Quote Originally Posted by 'KSboxers',index.php?page=Thread&postID=109121#pos t109121
    While druids are great healers, stacking lifeblooms and hots isn't a fire and forget thing you can put in a macro, it has to be managed and timed with a little bit more finesse. Heal with the priest, group heals and fire and forget healing make it better for boxing.
    This is the kind of logic I am looking for, thanks. I've refined my plan a bit the current team will be:
    Paladin specced PROT/??
    Mage specced ??
    Warlock specced DEMO/destruct
    Priest Specced HOLY/Disc
    Druid specced BALANCE/resto

I'm actually kind of lost on the mage, trying to decide if I want to spec for low but consistent damage, or spec something like fire and use her for the burn down at the end of a fight. I could just downrank to get more consistent damage, but they are removing downranking so I'm not sure I want to get used to doing it now.