Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Default Prot Pally, 3 Afflication Locks and a Holy Pally

I am leveling a number of different 5 mans right now thanks to RAF. I have been going thru a fair bit of gold giving my alts 16 slot bags and gold to train and get mounts.

That being said I started thinking about a final team to level up. Right now my main team is Shaman, then a Druid team I am starting. But I started thinking, what about a 2 Pally, 3 Lock group.

I know that over all there is not a lot of synergy between Locks and Pallys. I have a 70 Pally that I leveled Prot and that is holy now so I am familiar with class and I realize how great of tank healers Pallys are. So here is my thought....

Protection Pally, Holy Pally (2 x aura and 2 x blessing... Like the thought of BOS and BOW on the locks)
    3 Affliction locks, depending on the situation most likely just have imps out. Also figure being able to Soul Stone both of the Pally will go a long way towards wipe protection, plus a spare soul stone in the mix.

What do you guys think? I know one problem I will have is with the Holy Pally not being able to AOE heal. I am hoping that Drain Life and Siphon Life will help off set that need. I don't plan on life tapping much to avoid having to top off the locks. I realize that my DPS will surfer some from that but figure not too badly.

I figure the group would do good in the CC field as well. Do you guys see any problems running instances with this group?

Thanks,
    mlwhitt
    Pillage 80 Human DK, Kasini 71 NE Druid, Lato 71 BE Mage, Kawmisir 70 BE Pally, Akinta 65 NE Hunter, Raco 61 Dranei Shaman on Ravencrest Multibox Projects: 3 Elem Shaman / 2 Moonkin and group 2 is 4 Affliction Locks / 1 Holy Priest

I Kinda have a group like that, but my prot pally is 70 and the rest are 61, so i don't really know how they will work together once they are similar in level. When I first got to outland, my paladin did almost all the damage, because my locks had crap gear. Now they are contributing, and every gear upgrade seems to make their damage go up.

One plus, is that because both locks and pallys get free lvl 30 mounts, you can get by with less money from higher lvl toons. I'm running a team on a different server than my main, and i can't even afford mounts at lvl 42...

Yeah a lot of the reason for this group is the 5 x free mount setup. I have blown a lot of gold lately working on my other 5 man groups so I really could use a break from the mount cost (even if it is pocket change these days).
    Pillage 80 Human DK, Kasini 71 NE Druid, Lato 71 BE Mage, Kawmisir 70 BE Pally, Akinta 65 NE Hunter, Raco 61 Dranei Shaman on Ravencrest Multibox Projects: 3 Elem Shaman / 2 Moonkin and group 2 is 4 Affliction Locks / 1 Holy Priest

Druid tank over pally imo.

Pally relies on consecrate, meaning if a cc breaks and hits your consecrate you're screwed.
    This might not mean much in BC right now because you can overgear everything, but remember WOTLK you won't.... SOOOO you'llg et faced.

Bear druids can be played with relatively little keys, and swipe allows you to tank 3 targets w/o having to worry about hitting somethign you don't want to.

Holy pallies suck at healing right now. Dunno why you would want one (other then they can take a hit or two). Dunno how WOTLK will change that but /meh.

Priest imo.

Holy pallies suck at healing right now. Dunno why you would want one (other then they can take a hit or two). Dunno how WOTLK will change that but /meh.

Priest imo.
    Not really sure where you get that Holy Pally's suck. I still fully think that as a single target healer that they are perfect. My 70 Holy Pally can heal practically all day long when I pace him. Sure we don't have the Oh S#!% heal (actually we do... Holy Shock) and we do not currently have an AOE heal, but honestly I enjoy healing with my Pally 1000x more than my Druid.

As far as tanking I have always enjoyed tanking with my Druid but CC was important. With my Pally CC just gets in the way of doing my job.

I'd change your setup to 1pal (tank) 3 locks and a priest (aoe healing, fort/spirit).

Quote Originally Posted by 'mlwhitt',index.php?page=Thread&postID=107967#post 107967

Priest imo.
    Not really sure where you get that Holy Pally's suck. I still fully think that as a single target healer that they are perfect. My 70 Holy Pally can heal practically all day long when I pace him. Sure we don't have the Oh S#!% heal (actually we do... Holy Shock) and we do not currently have an AOE heal, but honestly I enjoy healing with my Pally 1000x more than my Druid.

As far as tanking I have always enjoyed tanking with my Druid but CC was important. With my Pally CC just gets in the way of doing my job.
    But you don't ever just heal one target :P And CoH is the loleasymode for mb. Not to mention you can run while healing (usefull for gathering large groups with your tank), and they can gear up easier and cheaper then a pally (lolcraftedgear). Not saying pally is useless, it has it's niche, but it is definetly sub par to other healers at the current juncture.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Toned',index.php?page=Thread&postID=107970#post10 7970
    I'd change your setup to 1pal (tank) 3 locks and a priest (aoe healing, fort/spirit).
    I can see your point as the Priest would be able to throw refreshes up on locks without taking much time away from healing the tank. I just wondered if I would run into too many keybindings with a Priest in the group vs. a two/three button pally healing.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Toned',index.php?page=Thread&postID=107970#post10 7970
    I'd really pick a druid over a pally.

BC = pally
    WOTLK = Druid.

Remember, a seduce breaks for 2 seconds and it's ontop of a consecrate owning your paladin.

And YES it will OWN your paladin when you're wearing all blue quest gear in a WOTLK instance. You will NOT have badge gear to cover your ass

Thank you both. I can see COH > Pally for party heals. I guess I am too used to being a MT healer solely focused on the tank. Guess maybe I should go back to the drawing board.