Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Keyclone feature request

I love the "Mute" box up at the top, first of wall.

Two more features that would be absolutely great would be:

1. A "Name" box up at the top, like the mute box, telling me which window has focus.
    2. When setting up maximizer, if I have a couple windows stacked, I can't click on them to adjust them. There doesn't seem to be any way to jump to one other than clicking on it, perhaps a dropdown (or I'm just wrong).

Also, where is all the info for keyclone stored? is this something editable by hand? Maximizer at least would be easier to edit by hand in a normal text file.

I already love the program as-is though, great job.
    .... The H Team
    Level 80 Orc Warlocks - affliction - that's not rain, it's dots falling from the sky
    Wahid
    Ithnain
    Thalatha
    Arbaa

G'day H,

all information for keyclone is stored in the keyclone.ini file. the registry is never touched and dlls are never stored outside of the keyclone tree. there are 2 other types of files you can create... keymaps (*.kcl) and maximizer files (*.max).

if you didn't know, you can export your maximizer layout to give to a friend, as well as import one:
    also, there is a page i have been compiling with various layouts.
    link: http://solidice.com/keyclone/layouts

you'll notice a screenshot for 2 of them. i will start doing that for each new layout i add.

if anyone wants to add a layout, please drop me a PM with the layout and screenshot and i'll add it to the list

as for having a popup with the current window name listed... it's on the list

Not to highjack someone elses thread, but I have a few feature requests of my own I wonder if you can look at.

1. A pause hotstrings hotkey.

Just like the DNP pause, this would pause hotstrings and make the letters pass through clients as though the hotstrings for them didn't exist.

I have various letters hotstringed to other keys, and therefore can't type on multiple windows at once. I currently get around this by pausing, typing something on whichever client, copying it, unpausing and pasting to all clients at once.

2. Round-Robin Groups

This is mainly for healing spells with multiple healers. I would like to group certain keys in round robin together, for example my F1-F5 are on round robin, but I'd like it to do the following: I press F1, F1 sends to client 1. I then press F3, F3 sends to client 2. I then press F1 again, F1 sends to clients 3. Etc.

3. Pass-Only keys.

Already mentioned Here and Here, just wanted to mention it again and add my support. This would be a list of keys that get sent to all the clients in the background, but not to the active client. Would mainly be used for movement keys.

4. A way to combine round-robin with hotstrings.

Lets say I have the following hotstrings:

ClientA

1 --> One

ClientB

alt+1 --> One

ClientC

ctrl+1 --> One

I'm controlling ClientA. On the first keypress of 1, I'd like it to press 1 for ClientA. On the second keypress, I'd like it to press alt+1 for ClientB. On the third, ctrl+1 for Client C.

I'll say it again, keyclone is an amazing program, don't know what I'd do without it.

I realise you're busy and have a new version coming out soon, but figured I'd give you these ideas whether you can look at them and use them or not .

Oh, and in case you're wondering how I could possibly make life so complicated for myself to want these things, I'm using this setup.

Thanks,

Poc

I wonder if I should mention that I'd really like that "receive only" mode that I mentioned in a KC wishlist thread a while ago?

Nah. It's probably a really niche requirement, so I won't bother.

Oh look! I just did!

Quote Originally Posted by 'Otlecs',index.php?page=Thread&postID=108292#post1 08292
    Nah. It's probably a really niche requirement, so I won't bother.

Oh look! I just did!

no worries... it has been queued for this upcoming release

Oh, I didn't notice a response to my:
    "2. When setting up maximizer, if I have a couple windows stacked, I can't click on them to adjust them. There doesn't seem to be any way to jump to one other than clicking on it, perhaps a dropdown (or I'm just wrong)."

if I have windows w1, w2, w3 and w4 stacked on top of each other. Anywhere I click, I get w1. Is there some way to jump to w4 to adjust it in the GUI without moving the other 3 out of the way?
    .... The H Team
    Level 80 Orc Warlocks - affliction - that's not rain, it's dots falling from the sky
    Wahid
    Ithnain
    Thalatha
    Arbaa

how would you expect to do that? it would just end up shuffling the windows... at which point, why not just reset and do them again (there is only 4 after all)

I have a small feature request of my own related to the mute box. The functionality of that little box is excellent and nicely redource friendly but I do often lose it behind the main window when mousing between sessions. Any chance it could remember its X,Y location on the desktop so I can permanently set it to a gap in my maximiser layout?

As a second request, having just setup a huge set of keymaps for four sessions is there any way we could get a plain text import/export for keymaps? It would be much easier to modify using search/replace in a text editor(although I did just this with the raw keymap files as saved by Keyclone). Something more "human readable" than the scancode files keyclone saves to ease the creation process would also allow keymaps to be created (and exchanged) much more quickly, in notepad, than the click, keypress, type hotstring, click process in the keymap dialog.

Loving the program though, really pleased I decided to migrate from Octopus (also excellent btw) as it allows me to do things that were otherwise impossible.

I would expect a dropdown list containing the windows on that page. Select one and it would have the same effect as clicking on one of the windows. The only difference is I could get at one that was buried.

It would seem natural to me to never actually touch the screen image with my mouse.
    .... The H Team
    Wahid
    Ithnain
    Thalatha
    Arbaa