Close
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Default locks and hunters

I am working on a shaman team, plus one pally for tank if i want it.

I want to work on another team too and am looking at lock and hunter. I know for boxing there are many factors to consider, such as locks having UD as a race and wotf being great for fear which everyone tries to do to boxers.

Still i was curious to see how they matched up just 1v1. I posted in both the lock and hunter forums and got some interesting responses. In the lock forums they said that they destroy hunters unless it is in bg and in the wide open and the hunter gets the drop on them, and even then the hunter may die from dots afterwards. In the hunter forums they said that locks were an easy kill. Then a bit further down some of them began to say that locks sucked to fight and may win sometimes. Some other views about locks doing more dps with lesser gear and so on. BM hunter was supposed to give the locks some hell too when TBW was popped cause of the big red dot. There was also a recent post about what do you do in AV when a lock dots you as you ride by. Most people seem to feel that a full set of dots will kill you if you don't eat or heal.

On my 39 lock i beat most hunters but the good ones can kill me before i kill them. On my bad geared 70 hunter geared locks just eat me up while doing something else.

Connolly is the 70 hunter i posted the threads with and i posted them today in the forums if you want to check out what people said. The views were so diverse i wanted some more opinions and i thought with hunters/locks being somewhat popular around here you guys may have some views to weight in with.

:huh:

I have both of these classes at 70, my lock is all pvp geared, my hunter all pve. I've done quite a few arena's with my lock, and hunters burst is a major pain in the ass for a lock. Even then though, the longer the lock stays alive the more likely the hunters gonna die 1v1 due to dots. Same gear, same skill and same hps a lock has alot more going for it in order to survive, healthstone, sacrificed void, siphon life, drain life, soul link etc. A hunter can burst a lock down if they get the jump, but if not they are toast. Nagrand arena hunters will own a lock unless the lock starts kiting around pillars, and the other arena's favor the lock also due to los. As far as bgs go, all of them favor hunters due to the wide open spaces. World pvp is dependent on the terrain, but usually it will favor the hunter.

One major advantage a lock has in the dps department is the dot and kite tactic, they don't actively have to do anything while their dots tick down, while a hunter needs to maintian los, and the target has to be in front of them. Locks can instacast 3 dots if specced right that don't require the mob to be in front, only in range and not behind an object or barrier. I'm currently 3 boxing a lock and 2 shadow priests, and have messed around with 3 locks also, and i'd think the los issue would make locks alot easier to mb. If your looking to do a 5man crew, 4 locks and a shadow priest will be tons of fun, and so would a 5 hunter or 4 hunter 1 shaman (self rez, totems, heals etc) team.