Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Assisting a targets focus

Am new to this with multi boxing, been looking through the forums for a bit trying to find a solution to a problem that I'm having. But I'm not sure that if I just want too much, anyhow.

Is it possible to make a macro to assist a targets focus?

I will be playing my prot paladin as main, and have a shaman as healer, but when grouping with other people I would like to be able to easily heal the others by simply having a /focus [target=mouseover] bound to one of the mouse buttons, then have the healer assisting on that focus so I don't have to change from the target I'm tanking with the paladin. Just not sure if its possible to say /assist targetfocus

I would of course try this before asking if it weren't for me sitting at work and this question is burning a hole on my skull

try:

/assist [target=focus]
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

That would only get the target of the person you have as focus, which was not what I wanted, what I'm after is the focus of the one you have in focus.

But, seem its not possible to do

Default RE: Assisting a targets focus

Quote Originally Posted by 'Eroa',index.php?page=Thread&postID=105501#post105 501
    Just not sure if its possible to say /assist targetfocus
    Sorry, that ^ threw me off.

I'm not sure why you are going through the extra effort of setting the focus before healing. I could be reading what you've written incorrectly though.

If you just want to be able to pop back to the target after a heal, set up a macro (or some variation) like:

/target party1
    /cast <heal_spell>
    /assist

You could even to use your paladin's target every time that way you know you'd be on the correct mob.

That being said, I know you can do a (target = targettarget).. have you tried (target = focusfocus)? I've never tried it though..just a thought.
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

yes, tried target=focusfocus but that doesn't work

atm I am using [target=focustarget] but that requiers me to change from the target I am tanking with the paladin, which will pretty much end up not ever having it in target if much healing is needed to be done

guess a possibility is to have like F1-F5 as targeting party members with the healer, still would love if it was possible to just control via a mouseover macro on the macin char you are playing, but guess we can't get it all

/target party1
    /cast <heal_spell>
    /assist

having something like this pretty much renders 5 buttons for the same spell, which will have me run out of buttons (brain memory where the damn button is) rather fast

Quote Originally Posted by 'Eroa',index.php?page=Thread&postID=105598#post105 598
    /target party1
    /cast <heal_spell>
    /assist

having something like this pretty much renders 5 buttons for the same spell, which will have me run out of buttons (brain memory where the damn button is) rather fast
    I use F1-F5 for all of my groups and have plenty of buttons left. Are you using Trinity Bars, Bongos or some other key layout mod?
    Additionally, when my Shaman (healer) casts on anyone but the tank, it uses Chain Heal.
    And if the toon they are casting on has some sort of aggro reduction or shield, I do that as well, all at the same time.

Example:

Shaman uses F2 to heal the mage.
    Mage has F2 set to cast mana shield. (I also have Ice block in there with a +shift)

Sorry, I know it's not what you were looking for, but it does work.

yea, I guess you are forced to do workarounds, was just looking for a possible way of targeting for the other chars, but owell

Try

/cast [target=Erea-focustarget] Healing Spell or /cast [target=ereafocustarget] Healing Spell

Where Erea is your pallys name.

I have a problem with my healing macro, the macro is setup so that my slaves heal the foucus targets target, a.k.a MY target.
    However this only works on the second heal cast, if i target a friendly player and press heal, all heals except my own will hit the target, my slaves only heals me, but then if i cast it again, all heals hit the target. It's like this 50/50 of the times i heal, sometimes all will hit the target from the first trie, other times i can take up to 3-4 heals befor they start getting them right. Anyone know what can be the problem for this.

Also iv noticed when sometimes i go out of combat, non of my macros work my slaves, i have to drag my mouse into that window and press somewhere and then go back to my window, and after that the macros work.
    Started August 10, 2008 , 60 on August 20 2008, 70 on September 11 2008!
    4x Tauren Shamans on Wildhammer EU,
    Resistance is futile, we will zerg them down!

Freddman: what you is experience is lag, so just wait another 0,5sec before you hit the heal=)
    GL!
    Currently not boxing, info below is not really relevant.

ProtPala+Elemental+Holy+Moonkin+Shadow
    Currently: Level 80+75*4
    Griznia, Leonina, Grizniaah, Leoninja, Grizniiah
    EU - Draenor - PvE
    5xFrostmages @ 45