Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 22

I'd imagine that reporting people a lot might make the GMs annoyed, but if they are legimitate reports, then I think you are fine. If you are reporting just to be mean, when no wrong was done, then you will probably just receive a warning.

I read a blue post once that said that they will NEVER retaliate against a person for reporting someone "wrong". That is, you can report a person for botting 10 billion times and even if they aren't, nobody will yell at you for over-reporting.

That also being said, if you report someone for harassment you will also be investigated for harassment. Context is taken into account so just because someone did something wrong doesn't excuse you from doing something wrong either. That's the only "retaliation" I've heard of coming from reporting someone else -- and in this case, it's kinda justified.

So, as long as you did nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about, report away Nobody will yell at you for reporting people.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

This is correct, but every time I have to wait on a GM I think of all the frivolous petitions clogging up the queue... it's OK though, hate keeps me warm at night.

Quote Originally Posted by 'daviddoran',index.php?page=Thread&postID=102416#p ost102416
    If you are reporting just to be mean, when no wrong was done, then you will probably just receive a warning.
    Seeing as how a player says he'll report him right back, I'm guessing the OP is reporting someone AND taunting them with it to be mean. There's no way a player can find out who reported them for something.

I miss the times were you cud jstu say ennyting to ennyone :\
    Signature edited by Svpernova09

Quote Originally Posted by 'Skuggomann',index.php?page=Thread&postID=102458#p ost102458
    I miss the times were you cud jstu say ennyting to ennyone :\
    You still can...it's called "The Barrens" :P
    The Zerg (Magtheridon - US)

Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.

LOL :wacko:
    Realm: Vek'nilash Faction: Alliance

[s]shhhhh don't mention Chuck Norris - DOH!!!![/s]

I report trade channel spam ALL the time - it saves me an ignore slot. I don't contribute to the spam by saying "reported" in-channel though.

I report offensive names ALL the time. I don't engage with them though - not even to gloat about how clever (sic) I am that I reported them - it's for the GMs to sort.

I also run SpamMeNot (hooray!) to block gold sellers in ALL channels, and that auto-reports.

In short, if you could get into any trouble by reporting too much I would probably know all about it by now

Recently I reported someone who was harassing 2 of my 4 characters. I reported him on those 2 accounts that were harassed, with the same report text. The GM then told me I shouldn't report him twice, because it's taking up unnecessary resources and it's regarded as one and the same incident ... that's quite contradictory to what I heard from other GMs (and I told him that), but the GM was sticking to his story.