Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Mechanar - Normal - How

I wanted to farm for my totem of the void. Killing the 2 mini bosses is no problem. But I wipe on every main boss but the last one. I end up having to skip them all except for the last one.

The robot kicks my ass with his moving time bombs
    The female slows my tank and then proceeds to destroy my dps team.
    If I skip her and work towards the last boss, I get destroyed by the spawns on the bridge several times trying to get to him. My pally goes OOM after the first fight and another spawn is rushing to me. After the first heal, the Shammies have aggro and I wipe.

What strategy do you use for the bosses in Mech? I would like to farm some gear there and Large Prismatic Shards at the same time I farm for my totems of the void.
    Pally Tank:Pally Protection Tank
    2x DPS Shammy: DPS Shamen
    1 x DPS Druid: Balance DPS Druid
    1 x Resto Shammy: Resto Shammy

Check out the movie section.

I remember seeing a video on farming for totem of the void, showing exactly how it was done.

If you go there and do a search on totem of the void it should come up.
    Team: Feral Druid, 3 Ele Shaman, 1 Resto Shaman

Gimp Team: 4 paladins(13) and a DK(80)
    Kierlay,kierlee,kieree,kierla and Karatesh

The first boss really isn't bad if you have decent positioning. You have to tank it where your tank is on the "armrail" of the stairway facing out at a 45 degree angle. Have the boss completely off the stairway at that 45 degree angle and his arcane bombs will very rarely make it up to your dps on the stairs (still spread them out a little, but I kept them close enough to still chain heal each other). I also had better luck using a dedicated healer here because of mana issues on the guy trying to heal and dps. It's a simple tank and spank if you can keep those arcane bombs away from all but the tank.

If you want to farm totem of the void you dont need any bosses, just the 2 mini-bosses which are tank and spank. They do enrage and hit pretty hard though, but nothing a decent group cant handle. Go to the right first, clear trash, kill miniboss for the first crystal, come back to the entrance and go to left, clear trash, kill the second boss, combine the crystals, go down the stairs, clear the mages/bot there (they sometimes aggro and sometimes don't when you're at the cache) and you're done.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

The first boss also sits in a little dip in the floor. When you get to his area, stop your casters about 30 yards back, put your tank on the edge of the dip about 3 paces back, and then pull him with your tank. He has a huge hit box, so he'll stay down in the dip and the bombs will rarely hit your tank. You'll still get a few spikes, but you can avoid the vast majority of them with this method. (shrug worked for me)

As far as the final boss, you get a break between the first 2 waves (don't keep moving forward down the pathway), and they've also changed it a bit so that if you die, the wave you were on will stay just a little further down the hall and you can continue thereafter. That being said, make sure your tank is out ahead of the rest of your group and pulling the mobs. The important thing to know here is to just slow down. There's no reason to rush through, and you should not kill the last mob of the set until you've had some time to recover mana and are ready to move on to the next. Just keep the last one CC'd with sheep or fear and wait a little while.

What I normally do is position my guys just shy of the archway leading out of the 2nd bosses room and into the final bosses room. Move my tank into the archway and pull the first wave. I have CC, so I assign targets as they approach, sheep, and start killing. After the first 2/3 mobs in the first wave are dead, I wait a minute or so to get some mana, then kill the last mob. With my tank still out in front, i tag and burn the 2nd wave. Finally, I repeat the process for the wave 3/3 and DO NOT MOVE any further forward. After the last is dead, i drink / eat then repeat the process inching forward until I get to the spawn wave.

Now, I've not successfully downed Panth, but I've gotten to him without a problem. I've been having problems with him mind controlling my priest / warlock and hitting a mass fear causing me to become overrun with his nether ghosts. I think my best was having him to 10%. However, this instance has shown me that hitting 70 with my 2 mages is not enough to start insta-gibbing instances. I need to go back and finish up some more quests and farm a few of the other instances to better align them with the gear check that this and other TK instances seem to be.

Max
    Team 5Box - Blackhand
    [Maxel 80 Paladin] [Grifften 80 Warlock] [Lanon 80 Priest] [Levin 80 Mage] [Levinor 80 Mage]
    [Marden 80 Death Knight] [Demara 80 Shaman] [Talanon 80 Druid] [Terazza 80 Shaman] [Solax 80 Shaman]

Default RE: Mechanar - Normal - How

Quote Originally Posted by 'schlange',index.php?page=Thread&postID=101986#pos t101986
    If I skip her and work towards the last boss, I get destroyed by the spawns on the bridge several times trying to get to him. My pally goes OOM after the first fight and another spawn is rushing to me. After the first heal, the Shammies have aggro and I wipe.

What strategy do you use for the bosses in Mech? I would like to farm some gear there and Large Prismatic Shards at the same time I farm for my totems of the void.
    Simply kill the first 4 adds and while tanking the robot move to the elevator. Kill robot hop onto elevator and have a drink (or that that after the first 4 mobs without killing the robo, it works fine too)

It's not intended (there was a door closing to prevent that, but blizzard removed it ages ago) but really effective (especially on heroic where your healer will oom with an under geared tank).

"My dogs could roll heroics with how a lot of you play."
    - Fursphere 2010