Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default I'm new and seeking direction and im computer retarded

Hey everyone I'm new so don't flame me (seems to happen alot when searching forums for help). I'm currently lvling a mage and warlock and found out about multi boxing and it sounds not only like it would be of great use but also like alot of fun. I'm trying to find out what i need. at this point i want to get use to it so im looking for something to help me target my mobs with both characters and cast frostbolt and shadowbolt at the same time and be able to keep one on follow. im not very good with computers and ive seen alot of programs that ive tried where you need to write scripts (these were all free BTW). I want to use Keyclone as its been recomended to me but I dont have alot of money and want to make sure for what im trying to do it will work. and also if its hard to use (i.e. writing these script things). Any help would be great i took a look at one of the things that kind of broke down how it works but i got lost in information and didnt understand half of it.

http://vboxing.net/guide is a good place to find things...

http://dual-boxing.com/wiki/index.php/Guides is also very good for guides.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

ok so i just picked up keyclone and so far so good. ive been looking at some of the guides and i feel lost. some how not sure how ive gotten so i can cast both shadowbolt on my lock and frostbolt on my mage. problem is it is copying every key stroke i make is there a guide u can point me too that will show how to set keybindings and how to not set all the keys?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ironstone',index.php?page=Thread&postID=101865#po st101865
    ok so i just picked up keyclone and so far so good. ive been looking at some of the guides and i feel lost. some how not sure how ive gotten so i can cast both shadowbolt on my lock and frostbolt on my mage. problem is it is copying every key stroke i make is there a guide u can point me too that will show how to set keybindings and how to not set all the keys?
    http://vboxing.net/v/index.php?q=taxonomy/term/159

Look at the "assist macro" section, and make one person "assist + frostbolt" and the other just "shadowbolt" on the same button (or vice versa if you are leading with your warlock).

Basically try to pair up any similar abilities that you can, and leave "blank" spaces if you don't want to pair an ability.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

Vyndree's second suggestion is what I used when starting out leveling differnt classes. For example, I have the number 2 key bound to lightning on the shammy. On the mage, that key is blank with no action. The mage has his fireball bound to 3 and 3 is blank on the shammy.

Easy to work with in the beginning, but as you things get more challenging with new spells, abilities, and strategies.

Don't give up. The learning curve is steep at the beginning. But soon you will be reaping the benefits!

The leaving certain keys blank seemed to work very very well. The only other main issue ive found is that I have made a macro to /assist khole wich is my mage. Binding the macro to the T key. and in keybindings making T on the first spot on the top left action bar. This way i can press T on my mage and it will target a mob and at the same time my warlock should assist my mage getting the same target. However nothing seems to happen and if i change the key binding to a different key such as say 9 or 0 it works fine. Is there any known issue with making a binding on the Addon bars (the extra bars blizzard allows you to have via the interface options.) and then assigning a letter to it such as T. I wouth think this should work not a huge setback more so than an annoyance.