Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Prot paladin in SM cath: a question about gear

Hey,

I just wanted to ask a question about gear for doing SM Cath in three pulls. I'm currently having problems with the bunch of mobs inside cathedral when I aggro Scarlet Commander Mograine. Sometimes I'm able to live through the bunch before they die, sometimes they get the best of me.
    It goes like this for me: I pull Mograine and the gang outside, BoL on myself, keep Holy Shield rank1 up, Consecrate rank6 every time cd is up and yet sometimes they just hack through me. Should I stack more stamina on myself to live through it (currently wearing a set of healing gear prior to respecing from Holy to Prot) or is it something else I'm doing wrong?
    Armory link

Thanks
    [align=center]Hiroshi - Naoki - Yuuma - Tarou - Kringlike (70) of Outland (EU)
    -= 1........10.........20.........30.........40........50.........60........ .70 =-
    Multiboxing blog
    since 07 august 2008
    [/align]

Farm SH for a Figurine of the Colossus.
    Beyond that get some avoidance gear, your armory shows you have pretty much L70 starter healer gear on with some pvp stuff. It's OK but you're much more efficient if you get some prot (read: avoidance, not stamina) gear and then stack spell damage beyond that. You'll find it very hard to go beyond SM and still be able to pull a reasonable amount with your current gear I'm afraid.

you need blessing of sanctuary. Why BoL? And more stam is always beneficial. I try to mix the best of def and spell dmg/int. Sometimes i want to kill them faster at the expense of a bit of survivability, other times, i need to just survive longer.

I did the same respec, from holy to prot, but I did some of SM Cath before i respecced and it worked fine. Holy shock on yourself works wonders. And with spiritual focus and concentration aura i could heal too. But as prot, I found that i was killing em slower, so i put some holy gear back on, and found a good balance.

Quote Originally Posted by 'daviddoran',index.php?page=Thread&postID=101398#p ost101398
    you need blessing of sanctuary. Why BoL? And more stam is always beneficial.
    My bad, I meant Seal of Light
    [align=center]Hiroshi - Naoki - Yuuma - Tarou - Kringlike (70) of Outland (EU)
    -= 1........10.........20.........30.........40........50.........60........ .70 =-
    Multiboxing blog
    since 07 august 2008
    [/align]

I'm spec'd 40/21/0 for boosting 1-60 chars, I find it works much better than a heavy prot spec. 100% holy no-pushback (with conc aura) is insanely powerful, since anytime you can heal up - although some SM mobs shield bash, but once you kill a few its no problem. In my PVP gear I have ~600 spell damage and 1500 healing.

Remember to walk backwards when pulling mograine, you will parry/dodge/etc most of the hits when walking backwards (running forwards gives you 0 avoidance). I park my alts right at the waterfall in between the two stone lions, and they never get touched by anyone no matter what I do (I fight right next to door). So when I get to ~30% I bubble, heal up to full, and keep on consecrating. In my holy gear I also never, ever run out of mana whereas in my prot gear I'd be mana low quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by 'puppychow',index.php?page=Thread&postID=101498#po st101498
    I'm spec'd 40/21/0 for boosting 1-60 chars, I find it works much better than a heavy prot spec. 100% holy no-pushback (with conc aura) is insanely powerful, since anytime you can heal up - although some SM mobs shield bash, but once you kill a few its no problem. In my PVP gear I have ~600 spell damage and 1500 healing.

Remember to walk backwards when pulling mograine, you will parry/dodge/etc most of the hits when walking backwards (running forwards gives you 0 avoidance). I park my alts right at the waterfall in between the two stone lions, and they never get touched by anyone no matter what I do (I fight right next to door). So when I get to ~30% I bubble, heal up to full, and keep on consecrating. In my holy gear I also never, ever run out of mana whereas in my prot gear I'd be mana low quickly.
    Can you link the actual spec or an armory link? I played with this but apparently failed, kept dying!
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

http://vboxing.net/v/index.php?q=node/72

My talents and stats are in that page -- at the time not really great gear and no figurine of the colossus.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]