Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default How many trial accounts is too many?

I just got my banned accounts unbanned but with the new RAF program, I'm thinking of deleting them and starting up new accounts. They are only level 14 and poorly geared, and with the 300% XP gain, I should be back at lvl 14 in no time. How many trial accounts is too many? I think I have a total of 5.

*thinking of starting up 3 new accounts

i think you limit out at like 4-5 trials... but you wont want trials for recruit a friend since you have to have them purchase retail version for the 300% to kick in. Unless you are just going to do the trials and then upgrade them online.

Yes, that's what I was thinking. Use the RAF to qualify then upgrade them. I'd really be doing it for the 300% XP bonus and the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by 'atomik',index.php?page=Thread&postID=100240#post1 00240
    Yes, that's what I was thinking. Use the RAF to qualify then upgrade them. I'd really be doing it for the 300% XP bonus and the mount.
    There is no necessary limit on trials, but you will run into an automated roadblock if you try to create "too many" from the same IP. I believe back when I hit that wall Suvega and I had created 7 trial accounts from the same IP and I got stuck creating my 8th. It just errors out with a "304 error".

You can either wait in the long busy phone lines to sort it out with a Blizzard rep, or use your work computer / laptop / library computer / friend's computer to sign up from an alternate IP address and bypass the restriction. The restriction was put in place to prevent abuse of trial accounts -- usually only goldspammers wanted a massive amount of trials in a single period of time, but the side effect is that it blocks legitimate multiboxers.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

The limit is 5 but with 5 current accounts that would be 25 trial accounts for 30 accounts at once. You can be your own raid!
    Altaholic

I'll give it shot and see what happens.

With 5 RAF accounts expect to be at level 14 within two hours - including setting up macros.
    4 x shaman - 1 x pala - Level 60.5
    4 x druid - Level 32 - 1 x Warrior - Level 39
    Reppin' <Five Times More Gold> - EU Jaendar PVP

Quote Originally Posted by 'Oatboat',index.php?page=Thread&postID=100232#post 100232
    i think you limit out at like 4-5 trials... but you wont want trials for recruit a friend since you have to have them purchase retail version for the 300% to kick in. Unless you are just going to do the trials and then upgrade them online.
    Are you sure you need to purchase the retail version for the 300%? I thought that was just for the mount. This is what the FAQ on wow's site says:

"When my friend/family member upgrades from a trial account to a full version of the game, will that break the link between the accounts?

Nope! Your friend/family member will have to upgrade to continue playing past the 10-day trial, and the accounts you play will stay linked until the full 90 days have passed."

That makes it sound like the bonus applies during the 10 days as well. ?(

Quote Originally Posted by 'Oatboat',index.php?page=Thread&postID=100232#post 100232
    This is not accurate. You can refer an account and get 300% xp without paying for it. Unless they hotfixed from the first night when I tested it... which I supposed they could have.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Knapenburger',index.php?page=Thread&postID=100268 #post100268
    With 5 RAF accounts expect to be at level 14 within two hours - including setting up macros.
    Depends on your macro's, it took me 1.5 hours to setup everything just how I wanted it for my new shamans, but I've got a 4 box setup that can change leader at the press of a key, including whisper forwarding... a touch more complex than really necessary to start out. I'm currently level 11 with 1 hour of play.

Honestly my own names confused the crap out of me making macro's...

Samam
    Sarnam
    Sarnarn
    Samarn

I think that should sufficiently confuse anyone in 5v5's later.
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

Quote Originally Posted by 'shockernub',index.php?page=Thread&postID=100321#p ost100321
    That makes it sound like the bonus applies during the 10 days as well
    Yes, it does. But remember, you can only reach level 20 during 10 day trail (or maybe it's 19, I forget)