Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default Warlock Seed of Corruption Macro.

So, I have a mixed party (Pally, Priest, 2xMage, 1xWarlock) and I usually handle AoE 2 ways - the mages cast Blizzard, while the Warlock casts Rain of Fire (using Octopus to broadcast so they are all going at the same time) or I have the Mages cast AE, while the priest had a macro to cast Holy Nova every 4th cast (so my priest wouldn't go OOM). The problem was, I didn't want the Warlock to Hellfire in that situation because ... Hellfire is a really stupid spell in the end. If the lock gets aggro at all... dead lock. So, I played around with the idea of the warlock casting the only other "non-mouse" AoE spell they have - Seed of Corruption. While casting this on my tank's target is cool, it really doesn't do much there. Additionally, using a /targetenemy seemed like a bad idea because what happens if my warlock grabs a whole new group on accident? So, I came up with this macro and must say that I am very happy with it. With all of my toons spamming as fast as they can, as long as there are 3 or more mobs my warlock will out damage the mages every time... with just this one macro.

#showtooltip Seed of Corruption
    /console targetNearestDistance 10.000000
    /targetenemy
    /console targetNearestDistance 41.000000
    /cast Seed of Corruption

I would not use it for normal casting of the spell - I just have it mapped to the same key I have for the AoE. The sight distance is perfect because I won't ever grab mobs that wouldn't already be in combat. The best part is that it doesn't even really tick - since the 2 AE's that happen from the mages are enough to set it off - so even if the lock bounces back and forth between 2 targets ... I do the same amount of damage

Just thought I'd share, and happy hunting
    5 Boxing (85):
    Paladin, 2xMage, Warlock, Priest
    Paldius, Magria, Magrib, Walina, Priset
    Currently:
    5 Boxing (85):
    Paladin, 3xWarlock, Shaman
    Ghallo, Warlisia, Warlisib, Warlisic, Pleo!

I wouldn't be so quick to stop using hellfire. If you are concerned about argo, let consecration tic a bit more. Otherwise, you could work holy nova into your rotation a bit more, as in every button push. Mobs will die faster, via holy nova damage and hellfire. The downside: you have to drink, but that should be compensated by the faster kills and the fact you can summon your own water.

One of my set-ups is pally, priest, and 3 x locks. At least in my experience, hellfire owns. If you let your tank get a bit of argo, by the time hellfire pulls argo, they will pretty much be dead anyway.

It should be trivial to calculate the TPS from Consecrate and Hellfire, to determine how soon you can begin casting Hellfire without being able to pull threat off the Paladin.

But, Seed of Corruption is a *lot* of fun.

Hellfire vs non-elites... sure not a problem. But when I AoE against elites (which I do all the time) it just doesn't cut the mustard. I want my priest to avoid using Holy Nova for good reason - when my pally DOES hold aggro he's taking a lot of damage - and having Greater Heals on him doesn't give me time to heal a lock.

But, Hellfire doesn't outdamage AE when I spam it. Seed of Corruption does. Seed of corruption doesn't require any healing of the lock. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
    5 Boxing (85):
    Currently:
    5 Boxing (85):

Hi Ghallo

I have the same group makeup, thanks for the seed macro I'll be adding that tonight. How do you normally go about DPS in instances? I have my locks DOTS timed with mage scorches then have the locks shadowbolt timed with the mage firebolts. The priest does the ocasional dot and has holy nova timed with mage arcane blast. Mostly the priest just sits back and heals as it's holy. I just don't seem to be getting enough DPS though, the pally is fine at handling aggro as he has over 300 spell dmg and I just spam consecrate. Also how the hell do you contol fear bombs!!!! The priest has fear ward but noit much use on just the pally

I am defiantly in the mass hellfire+soc owns camp, especially with concentration aura available -- which I have not had for so long.

I can see with your mixed group that it would be a pita though. The mixed groups and combating high idle times from different spell casting times, spell procs and so on is tough. Might just be better off to be more efficent with the mages and have the lock idle for trash.

well, on your holy priest holy nova sequence, you could throw in a couple renews in there. as long as he's targeting your lock. That might make it work pretty well.

I just heal my locks with my tank, because when i resort to hellfire, it's a cluster____ and it's too hectic to do too much of anything.

I really need to get Octopus to do blizzard/rain of fire. it's hurting me a lot sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Simulacra',index.php?page=Thread&postID=99928#pos t99928
    Hi Ghallo

I have the same group makeup, thanks for the seed macro I'll be adding that tonight. How do you normally go about DPS in instances? I have my locks DOTS timed with mage scorches then have the locks shadowbolt timed with the mage firebolts. The priest does the ocasional dot and has holy nova timed with mage arcane blast. Mostly the priest just sits back and heals as it's holy. I just don't seem to be getting enough DPS though, the pally is fine at handling aggro as he has over 300 spell dmg and I just spam consecrate. Also how the hell do you contol fear bombs!!!! The priest has fear ward but noit much use on just the pally

Well, everyone here swears by Fire Mages... so I am probably going to get blasted again for my opinion, but oh well. I have Frost/Arcane mages (just enough Arcane to get improved CS). I've personally found that I don't really seem to have an issue with DPS - so I went frost so I could have more choices when stuff went wrong. I also LOVE the Water Elemental since some fights are so bad I can't even keep my alts casting DPS at all... so the pets offer a way to keep the DPS pouring in on those tough to handle fights. Freeze has come in handy a couple of times too - since I can cast it at the same time as a Blizzard if the pet was out at the start.

That being said, I have Improved Frost Bolt on the mages and Bane on the Warlock ... so Shadowbolt and Frost Bolt cast at the same time. I have a castsequence for my primary attacks that roughly looks like: FB, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, FB, FB, FB... which maps on the warlock to SB, Curse of the Elements, Immolate, Incinerate, SB, SB - all my guys are then in sync for all their casts. I also have a "Spam FB and SB" button ... and a "Apply Corruption" paired with SW:P and Ice Lance - so when a fight is long enough to be worth casting dots (or will be too short for CotE) I have different options. I also have Drain Life mapped to Arcane Missiles... for the same kind of timing synergy. That's my "low threat" button ... when I want damage coming in, but don't want my tank to have to manage threat too much.

For AoE I usually use Blizzard and Rain of Fire ... having Frost Mages really helps here... I PW:S the lock, and Ice Barrier the mages, consecrate/Holy Shield my pally and grab up the mobs. My FelGuard usually has fun with his Cleave at this point and I toss Prayer of Mending at every cooldown (and drop heals on whoever needs it). Depending on the types of mobs this will usually work pretty well.

I use my new SoC macro when I am too lazy to target my AoEs, or when the S... has really hit the fan already and I just want things to die.

"I just heal my locks with my tank, because when i resort to hellfire, it's a cluster____ and it's too hectic to do too much of anything. "

What I don't understand is how so many people are so eager to bash the macro. If you won't find a need for it ... don't use it! I can understand in an all warlock group that it would be a pain to wait for the damage to tick the bombs off... but my Arcance Explosions are ticking SoC off in 1 cast . Compared to Hellfire ... it isn't even a contest. Why would I work in complicated Renew/Holy Nova/etc macros in just to heal a warlock/tank etc? When it is that hectic ... I want a spammable macro that does everything necessary to kill things around me... but leaves my tank able to act as necessary. With 1 button I have all 3 DPS putting out the pain, while the priest has pauses between casts so I can work in some extra heals ... and my Pally can Consecrate or do whatever he wants.
    5 Boxing (85):
    Currently:
    5 Boxing (85):

Great post!

I don't box warlocks, but I can appreciate the beauty of this macro. Also, I don't think people were trying to bash it; they were just discussing.

On another note: I don't think I will be dedicating precious kaymaps to allow my pally tank to heal my cloth dps. Thats just me.

great post - thanks for spelling it out, I definately need to make some changes lol. I'll study this tonight during maintenance and plan it out. I'm going to stick with fire mages for a while to see how they go plus I just got one mage up to 375 spellfire tailoring so it would be a waste to change now. I might respec the other mage to frost - my first 70 was a frost mage - love em. In the castsequence I have now I threw in a drain soul on arcane missiles just when I'm doing SSO dailies so I can keep my shards up and it's better for the locks mana conservation - in instances of course I'd swap that for drain life. Oh and thanks for reminding me about CoE >.<