Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default This this would work for setting focus if a toon dies?

/clearfocus
    /target ToonNameLeastWantedAsLeader
    /target ToonNameSecondLeastWantedAsLeader
    /target ToonNameThirdLeastWantedAsLeader
    /target ToonYouReallyWantAsLeader
    /setfocus
    /follow [target=focus]

I'm looking for a fast way to change focus to the next toon in the list, and if they die (and thus aren't nearby) to change the focus to the "next leader in line." Only things I'm not 100% on are - would you target their body, and thus keep focus on a dead leader (which negates this whole thing), and if that doesn't target the dead person, then the next uncertainty is if they are out of range, will /target still target them.

Any suggestions?
    Multiboxing on Windrunner: Celz (BM hunter), Cyllan (tankadin), Kulzor (resto druid), Zugbug (elemental shaman), Cyllz (arcane mage)

Default RE: This this would work for setting focus if a toon dies?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Kulzor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=99413#post99 413
    /clearfocus
    /target ToonNameLeastWantedAsLeader
    /target ToonNameSecondLeastWantedAsLeader
    /target ToonNameThirdLeastWantedAsLeader
    /target ToonYouReallyWantAsLeader
    /setfocus
    /follow [target=focus]

I'm looking for a fast way to change focus to the next toon in the list, and if they die (and thus aren't nearby) to change the focus to the "next leader in line." Only things I'm not 100% on are - would you target their body, and thus keep focus on a dead leader (which negates this whole thing), and if that doesn't target the dead person, then the next uncertainty is if they are out of range, will /target still target them.

Any suggestions?
    pretty sure it's on the wiki somewhere, this is what I use to switch when my guys go down.

/clearfocus
    /focus [target=toon1, exists, nodead][target=toon2, exists, nodead][target=toon3, exists, nodead][target=toon4 ]
    /follow focus
    /assist focus

pretty sure that is what I'm using.

Nice! Thanks for detailing that out.

Looks like it'd even work to throw in an extra toon or two (I switch out a healer & pally for two dpsers at times).

I see you put /assist at the end. On each spell macro, are you using:

/cast [target=focustarget] Lightning Bolt

type of thing? Or skipping that target part and re-hitting that focus macro before every attack?
    Multiboxing on Windrunner: Celz (BM hunter), Cyllan (tankadin), Kulzor (resto druid), Zugbug (elemental shaman), Cyllz (arcane mage)

I used the macro above for a bit, but I have went to a system that changes focus based on what PiP window I select. For example if I press F2, I get the 2nd character on my main screen and all the other characters /clearfocus, refocus and follow. Its fast for things like collection quests and things. It keeps me from having a "main", instead I just have the active window. Ill probalby have to change my gameplan some when my 4x shaman catch up to the paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Kulzor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=99427#post99 427
    Nice! Thanks for detailing that out.

Looks like it'd even work to throw in an extra toon or two (I switch out a healer & pally for two dpsers at times).

I see you put /assist at the end. On each spell macro, are you using:

/cast [target=focustarget] Lightning Bolt

type of thing? Or skipping that target part and re-hitting that focus macro before every attack?
    I think I am probably to repetitive, I use:
    /assist focus
    /cast spell

Quote Originally Posted by 'valtrex',index.php?page=Thread&postID=99485#post9 9485
    I used the macro above for a bit, but I have went to a system that changes focus based on what PiP window I select. For example if I press F2, I get the 2nd character on my main screen and all the other characters /clearfocus, refocus and follow. Its fast for things like collection quests and things. It keeps me from having a "main", instead I just have the active window. Ill probalby have to change my gameplan some when my 4x shaman catch up to the paladin.
    I tried PIP, but at least for me, there was a 2-3 second lag when switching windows to the main window. I play with two 24" monitors, the main is on one, the other 4 are split up on the second, both monitors right next to each other, so if main dies, i just look to the right monitor for whoever is still alive.

Depending on what you do to multibox you may be able to find a better way to do it. If you use software that allows you to remap keys, consider this. It takes a lot of work to setup, but once you do it, it's almost fool proof. It let's you switch focus to who your playing as in the same keypress -on every character- instantly.

Create 5 macro's on -each- character. Most of them will be as follows:

/target Toon1
    /focus

/target Toon2
    /focus

/target Toon3
    /focus

/target Toon4
    /focus

/target Toon5
    /focus

You will also want to go to create a /clearfocus macro in place of the macro that would focus on yourself for each character.

Bind most of these to whatever key you like, except, on each character you'll want to bind the /clearfocus macro to the same key. For this reference we will use the following binds :

CTRL NUM1 - CTRL NUM5 for Focus 1 - 5. AND the "T" key for /clearfocus.

Using your software you can remap keys so that say, I'm currently playing on Character one. I press T, I want all four other characters to Press CTRL NUM1 and focus on me.

Now once I switch to character two, I want these keys to suddenly be remapped. If I press T on Toon 2, I will use my /clearfocus macro, and the other four will Press CTRL NUM2.

If your using Keyclone, you'll do something like the following: (You'll need 5 key files)

File one create the following Keys

Assist 1 >>>> T
    Assist 2 >>>> CTRL NUM2
    Assist 3 >>>> CTRL NUM3
    Assist 4 >>>> CTRL NUM4
    Assist 5 >>>> CTRL NUM5

File two create the following Keys

Assist 1 >>>> CTRL NUM1
    Assist 2 >>>> T
    Assist 3 >>>> CTRL NUM3
    Assist 4 >>>> CTRL NUM4
    Assist 5 >>>> CTRL NUM5

and follow this same order for all your files, now once your in game, you should be able to change focus targets just by moving your mouse to another screen and playing. The major benefit of this IMO is if your main is somehow say, sapped, or feared, or incapacitated, you can still switch to another almost instantly, without having to worry about your macro not working. You also don't have to think to yourself "Ok press this key for this character".. and anything to give yourself an edge, is a good thing.
    [align=center]Team Eli - Silvermoon US - 5 x Shamans | http://www.GameVee.com/user/TeamEli
    Elilil | Eliili | Eillii | Eilili |Ellili
    [/align][align=center]The Hooveletes - Silvermoon US | http://GameVee.com/user/TheHooveletes [/align][align=center]Shechinah - Paladin | Tzviya - Hunter | Maksima - Mage | Behira - Restoration Shaman | Zahavit - Elemental Shaman[/align]

Smart thinking, Eli. In my situation a hybrid approach might work best, since I swap out 2 of the 4 toons depending on what activity I'm doing.

So I'd use the following in place of #1 and #4 (if I use the order of my monitors from left to right) so it automatically handles the "dps toon" or the "alternate toon." Otherwise I think that'd work awesome.

/focus [target=toon1, exists, nodead][target=toon1alt, exists, nodead]

You're way would be more learning for the keypresses, but would handle those situations with stun, mind control, fear, etc. that cause the main toon to be unable to see the mobs and fire on them. I had a situation like that yesterday where my focus toon was mind controlled, and I had to manually target and fire with one of the dpsers, and ended up leaving a 3rd dpser doing nothing because I was scrambling to handle that odd situation.

Question for you - do you use the mouse too? If you have a hand on the numeric keypad to be able to switch toons, I'm wonder how you're able to do that well...?

Just curious, would a help in the macro enable switching if main was stunned?

/focus [target=toon1, exists, help, nodead][target=toon1alt, exists, help, nodead]

Haven't tried it, but I have had issues when blinded, not that I can't target, but that the guys keep moving, cancelling casts.

Moved to correct forum.
    Wilbur

Quote Originally Posted by 'Kulzor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=99531#post99 531
    Question for you - do you use the mouse too? If you have a hand on the numeric keypad to be able to switch toons, I'm wonder how you're able to do that well...?
    See, I don't actually ever use the keys CTRL NUM1-5. I press T, to do all the work. I use the software to 'reprogram' the key to do a different keypress depending on who I play as.

Basically the way it works is, when i'm in the WoW Window of character one, THe letter T tells all the other windows to perform one button, CTRL NUM2. Once I move the mouse and focus on WoW window 2, the letter T has been reprogrammed to tell all the other windows to press CTRL NUM3, and so on. This way I only -ever- have to press T, and I know i'll be on the right focus target 100 percent of the time.
    [align=center]Team Eli - Silvermoon US - 5 x Shamans | http://www.GameVee.com/user/TeamEli
    Elilil | Eliili | Eillii | Eilili |Ellili
    [/align][align=center]The Hooveletes - Silvermoon US | http://GameVee.com/user/TheHooveletes [/align][align=center]Shechinah - Paladin | Tzviya - Hunter | Maksima - Mage | Behira - Restoration Shaman | Zahavit - Elemental Shaman[/align]