Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default RAF advice needed

Hi everyone.

I currently have 5 accounts with one of each class at level 70, but only one is geared. I have been trying to get 25 more characters (5 teams of 5) to level 70 before the expansion comes out. I've been questing with the 5 teams, I do a few quests on one team, then switch to the next and do the same couple of quests, etc, and its been going slowly, but steadily. I had pretty much decided that I would not be able to get them to 70 by the time WotLK came out, but I thought I'd try to get as close as possible. Then, this RAF thing came along and its really been nagging at me. I think if I had the extra boost, I just might be able to do it. But, how do I go about doing it?

Here's my current setup:

Acct #1: 70 Priest (geared), 70 Pally, 5 x lvl 30
    Acct #2: 70 Warrior, 70 Hunter, 5 x lvl 30
    Acct #3: 70 Mage, 70 Shaman, 5 x lvl 30
    Acct #4: 70 Rogue, 70 Druid, 5 x lvl 30
    Acct #5: 70 Warlock, 5 x lvl 30

My first thought is to recruit myself 3 new accounts and transfer all the characters from accounts 3-5 onto them. That would cost 3 x $40 for the new accounts and 20 x $25 for the transfers for a total of $620. The benefit of this plan is that it would let me keep the level 30s and I've spent about 24 hours play time on each team or about 6 weeks real time. The downside is the cost.

I see some other options that involve scrapping the lvl 30s on accounts 3-5 and starting new teams and using the bonus levels to boost up the current 30s on accounts 1-2 and then transferring some of them to the other accounts to equalize things. I'm not sure if this would be cheaper, but I think it might cost me about 3 weeks real time leveling that many characters up to level 30 again to get to where I'm at now.

I was hoping some of you might have some insight that would help me before I pony up the cash to do my plan.

Thank you.

edited for bad math

I can't see any alternative but to get 4 new accounts. Also your groups will have one member on each account.

Keep account 1 as is then invite new account 2 then 2 gets 3 etc. Now you are all set for exp bonus. Youll be one mount short but that dosnt seem to be your concern.

Current 1 linked to New 2
    New 2 linked to New 3
    New 3 linked to New 4
    New 4 linked to New 5
    New 5

Now just trasfer as much as you can afford but make sure each member of each of your groups is on a different account.... Then when you log in 5 man group at a time ALL will get 3X exp if they are in the same level range.

What advantage do you feel you have by having extra characters you cannot play at the same time? Like you'll have a shaman group, if you lose with them you can bring your mage group? Or if a enemy team is winning 5X5 you can bring your team that best counters their characters?

Thanks for replying Sam.

There are a few reasons that I want the extra characters.

1) extra daily quest teams if I need the cash
    2) extra profession c/ds if I need tons of whatever WotLK equivalents there are for Primal Mooncloth, alchemy transmutes, etc.
    3) I have a baby on the way, and I don't think I'll have time to level them up later, and I have the time now.
    4) because its there.
    5) reasons I haven't thought of yet. After BC came out, I was kicking myself for spending my time grinding Argent Dawn faction instead of leveling up all the characters on my, at the time, single account. I don't want to be in that position when WotLK comes out.
    6) Maybe 5 shamans won't be the shit anymore, maybe 5 mages or 5 warlocks will be. I'd like the flexibility.
    7) I heard if you get 50 characters to max level, you win the game. :wacko:

Its true that no single class is always considered the best, it does go in cycles. So if say mages get some super spell you can quickly tack advantage.

I currently have 1 Veteran account and 3 "Slave" accounts, if i want to get the 3x exp on all four accounts, i do the following?

Veteran Account recruits New Slave 1
    New Slave 1 recruits New Slave 2
    New Slave 2 recruits New Slave 3
    New Slave 3 recruits New Slave 4

Or can i just use my Veteran Account and recruit 3 new slave accounts?
    The answer might already be in some thread, but there are so many threads about this now :P

[Edit] I tested number 2, worked. Now at level 10 with 1h 03 min played, time for RFC
    Started August 10, 2008 , 60 on August 20 2008, 70 on September 11 2008!
    4x Tauren Shamans on Wildhammer EU,
    Resistance is futile, we will zerg them down!

From what I hear, If you do, 1 refers 2 and 2 refers 3, then when all three are grouped, then 1 won't get the bonus because 2 can't be a veteran and recruit at the same time.

I plan on doing...

1 refers 4
    1 refers 5
    2 refers 3

Transferring toons from my old account to the new accounts 3, 4, and 5.
    Sparkle Motion -Paladin, Warlock, two Mages, and a Priest
    The Shocks - 5x Shamans
    Death Turtles - 5x Death Knights
    Guild co-founder of Ars Brute Squad - Chromaggus (Horde-PvP)