Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Client #2 Crashing - help?

Hi all - I am experiencing a very peculiar problem that I really dont understand.
    I'll try to explain my problem as clearly as possible

It started today; I triplebox, and have 3 wow clients open at once - I have two screens - I run my main character (1st acct) on the left screen windows mode and so it fills the screen. The other two clients (other two accts) are on my right hand side monitor and are also windowed mode, and are half the size.

So what happens is my (second account) wow window just freezes, it can be at any time - doesnt matter what im doing; casting a spell, talking to npc, just standing there. And its always my second account. The only way to resolve the problem is to go to task manager and stop the program - which is listed as 'not responding' - as you cant interact with the crashed window.

My computer imo is decent enough:

Vista 64bit Ultimate
    Intel core 2 duo 2.33ghz
    4gb ram
    Nvidia 8600gts

Any advice would be really appreciated on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

~~~*~~~*~~~
    Mika / Makona / Sati _<70>_~~~Kælah / Tamria <66>
    Alazia / Blazia / Glazia (upgrading soon™ + Tabytha & Ræven <40> ) <30>
    Tahmi / Tahmie / Tahmia <22> Dible / Dable / Doble <6>

[align=left](EU - The Sha'tar - RPPVE) *What can I say I'm addicted... [/align]

Try disabling any addons that you have and see if it still crashes. I had similar issues where one of my 'follow' clients was behaving strangly; disabling addons seemed to fix it. If it's the addons that are causing it then updating them might help. In my case strange thing was that all of my follow toons are using the same wow folder but only 1 was acting up.

Sounds like you have a problem in your WTF files of that second account. I'd rename it something else to keep as a backup, and create an entirely new folder for the second account. You'll have to redo most of your settings and macros for that account, but it should stop your crashes. You should update your addons before doing this though, and then go through the WTF cleanup process for acccount 2.

Good news I disabled all but multiboxer v2 and questhelper on my slaves, and so far *toes crossed* no freezing/crashing.

Thanks for the help
    :thumbsup: