Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Getting the "Over-ride" bound to a G15 key?

I would love if I could bind one of my many unused Logitech G15 keys to the override function in Keyclone -- Ie, I want to chat - instead of having to click my way to the override, just hit the key and then type away, then hit the key again and back to boxing.

Not seen this option, any ideas? If not I would love the feature request!
    5 boxing on Chamber of Aspects, EU (Horde) and Soon on Classic.

Retired blog:
    http://thegrins.blogspot.com/

clarification: basically what I'm asking for I guess is a integration between the G15 drivers and Keyclone to pick that up - I know other keys can be bound.

Retired blog:

well.. the g15 keys should be the same as normal keys.. if not, please explain.

i'm not sure by your post... but there is a key you can hit to override.. it defaults to PAUSE and can be reset to whatever hotkey you want in keyclone/setup/override settings/override hotkey

let me know if that wasn't what you meant.

Rob

if the default button is pause then cant you just macro 1 of the g15 keys to pause

if its ctrl+pause you can still macro that to a different g15 key or is it something else you're after?
    [color=#0000ff]<N0kTu|2nAl>

The G-keys on a G15 aren't recognised as keys by most programs.
    You'll have to bind an already existing key (or combination) in the G15's profiler to the key before most porgrams recognise it.

I think he's asking for Keyclone to recognise the keys without having a binding.
    It would only be usefull for the override keys or the PiP keys because WoW would still not recognise them.
    Real-Life is overrated,
    in the end we all die and our family will be like "can i haef your stuff"

Singleboxing WoW
    2box Eve: Umpha & Lumpha

What I want is that Keyclone could recognize the extended key of G1 on the G15 - As it is by default, it is picked up as F1 - or whatever I program it to be - if it was recognized as G1, that would give me extra 18 keys to choose from for the PAUSE function - But thinking more about it, maybe I don't need 18 extra keys :P I could use do something like suggested and use ctrl+pause mapped to G1 if I need pause for something else (which was my original concern).

No idea how hard or even if its possible to detect the G1-G18 keys.

Retired blog:

All you have to do is in your logitech profiler, change the binding of G1 to some combination of keys you'd never use otherwise. For instance, in WoW I'd never press Ctrl+alt+1 normally. So I could bind something useful in WoW or another program to Ctrl-alt-1 but instead of pressing those 3 keys, just press G1 and it'll mimic pressing the 3 keys for you. Then I have my G2 as ctrl-alt-2, G3 as ctrl-alt-3, etc. This is assuming the program you're using allows multiple keystrokes to one binding. I don't think octopus allows this, only one key. Maybe keyclone does, I dunno. Sorry if I explained that confusingly

I've been having a problem with the G-15 keyboard and Keyclone. I have the keys like G7, G8, G10, and G11 mapped to F1, Shift-F1, Ctrl-F1, and Alt-F1; however Keyclone is not passing these keys to my slave. I've tried pressing these keys in some of the menus too and Keyclone isn't grabbing the binding. Is there anyone who can shed some light on the situation?

--I've read some posts about running the G15 profiler as the administrator account, I tried that (but my account has admin priviledges anyways) no luck.

Thanks,

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by 'solaors',index.php?page=Thread&postID=120004#post 120004
    I've been having a problem with the G-15 keyboard and Keyclone. I have the keys like G7, G8, G10, and G11 mapped to F1, Shift-F1, Ctrl-F1, and Alt-F1; however Keyclone is not passing these keys to my slave. I've tried pressing these keys in some of the menus too and Keyclone isn't grabbing the binding. Is there anyone who can shed some light on the situation?

--I've read some posts about running the G15 profiler as the administrator account, I tried that (but my account has admin priviledges anyways) no luck.

Thanks,

JJ

Sadly, its happening to a lot of us. Been looking for a solution for weeks now. Tried everything.... wtb my keybinds back.
    Anjuna & Company
    The <Antagonist>
    Magtheridon-US Horde

Quote Originally Posted by 'Flash',index.php?page=Thread&postID=120266#post12 0266
    Quote Originally Posted by 'solaors',index.php?page=Thread&postID=120004#post 120004

Thanks,

JJ

Sadly, its happening to a lot of us. Been looking for a solution for weeks now. Tried everything.... wtb my keybinds back.
    hate to resurect a dead thread, but this is happening to me now also. Im pretty sure it started when i made a new copy of wow on my HD for my main(to deal with vid settings) has anyone found a workaround or a fix to it? WTB keybinds back, just hit 61 and wanted to push hard this weekend. any help would be appreciated, thanx!
    Shamans: Watchmeheal, Watchmedo,Watchmewont, Watchmedont + Paladin: Watchmetank = 70
    Locks: Watchmedot, Watchmeown, Watchmedrain, Watchyoudie + Spriest: Watchyoucry
    = 46
    Guilds Armory Link - http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml?r=Eredar&n=Teh+Gamer+Army&p=1
    Im the Watchme's and Lol's >_<