Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Let's talk about Triple Healer and Triple Melee

Now that Kicksome's shamans and I have cleared the 1700 mark, we're starting to see more and more of these two compositions.

Not speaking from much experience on beating them consistently, I only have theories on the best way to handle them.

Anyone have any experience in consistently beating these two comps?
    What is the preferable targeting order for these two comps?

"Triple Healer" aka "Cleave"
    (The comps I've gone up against have two MS warriors, and three healers, i.e., resto druid, holy pally and resto shaman or priest.)

I've come to the conclusion that you have to start a healer, preferably the druid to prevent cycloning, and then switch to one of the two warriors. Or maybe we need to target one healer - throw a volley, switch to another healer and throw a volley before switching a warrior and triggering NS. I'm not sure which strategy would be better.

Last night, when we faced this composition, we targeted one warrior from the outset, and switched to the other, but I'm convinced they knew exactly what we were going to do, because
    A) it makes the most sense for us to get down a DPS quick and
    B) if we're targeting warrior then because we're a 4 DPS team, we must be going for warrior B.

From what I can tell, they had one healer dedicated to one warrior, one healer dedicated to the other warrior (spamming), and the druid dedicated to keeping me (holy pally) out of the fight).

"Triple Melee"
    (The comps I've seen have three physical dps: Enhancement Shaman (ouch!), MS Warrior and Rogue or Ret Pally, and two healers: holy pally and disc priest.)

We don't have as difficult of a time with this team makeup as the triple healer but it still gives us problems due to the enormous damage output.
    Does anyone ever try to take a healer down first? I would imagine that would be the last thing they would expect.

Right now, we try to get one of the DPS down first, really any of them if the right opportunity strikes, and then work on a healer or another DPS depending on the circumstances, but our strat has to be a lot more fluid than with a triple healer.

I love playing against Triple Healer teams (it's a free win), and the Cleave is actually for Triple Melee

They have no offensive casters in a Triple Healer setup so you should have 4 groundings down that the Druid has to eat through, and once those are gone you should have a fresh set of 4 replacing it, meaning he needs to eat through 8 gcd just to even manage a cyclone. If your getting cc'd the Shamans need to pick up the slack and heal themselves, 2 warriors really isn't hard to heal through especially if your putting pressure on him forcing them to go Sword and Board making their DPS terrible.

For Triple Melee, Warrior is easily the best target if you know for sure you can penetrate the Spell Reflect. Shaman is the squishiest if he does not pop Shamanistic Rage from the get go. With the recent changes to Rogue they are also an option after Cloak of Shadows is used.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Triple Healer.

This is a very easy combo. Your healer should be able to heal with very little assistance from you through the 2 dps dmg. Next is identifying the softest target. Like this and the 3 melee combo shaman are always smart to take down. Grounding totem or Windfury + Warrior and Bloodlust will make the fight tough.

I kill most druids with a lightning bolt Chain lightning combo. The fight usually goes like this, warrior charges, followed by another charge, followed by 2 fears and a mass dispel. After you apply some dmg to the warrior the Druid will pop and attempt to cyclone your healer. Even though this isnt a caster dps keep those grounding totems up. The second the druid stands in the open I kill him. I intentionally tell my healer to stand in front of me so when he does pop I can take him out quickly. Apply pressure to the priest, he'll blow Pain suppression and run. If the pally is standing in the open, give him something to heal (throw some dmg on the warrior) and then light up the pally.

On the triple healer combo you just have to make sure you dont sit on one target. When you do kill one of them they can't recover and its gg. Shaman are the most dangerous in this group (WF totem and grounding totems will make your life hell - if theres a shammy take him out). If the warriors get to far in front and you have a chance to light them up its gg as soon as one of them goes down. The key to this fight is to put pressure on the healers so they run for their lives and kill the warriors while they dont have 3 healers pumping them up. If they aren't dying their being healed, find the healer and Lightning bolt Chain lightning combo them. Healers get very scared at 25% health and have a tendency to run.

That's good advice on the target switching - I think I made the mistake of staying on one of the warriors for too long. I also think that maybe one or two of my guys got turned around after fear and I didn't correct the problem.

I'll also have to remember to get grounding's up. I sometimes just throw down fire nova with melee.

On the warrior spell reflect - how do you deal with it? I see it going up a lot now in areans. Does it reflect all spells for 5s?

We had this team last night
    Priest - he'd run up - mass dispel then jump off the bridge. repeat like 15 times.
    Pally (healer)
    Shaman - enhance
    Rogue - war glaive
    Warrior - S4 mace

We won - but only because the warrior dc'd. I don't know how the hell we would have won if he was playing.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

On the tripple healer - I think what happens is we end up running out of mana.

2 warriors come in - dps then run out with spell reflect on and/or do the Intervene thing on their team mate. This is annoying as hell because I just end up using all my mana. The healers LOS us if we go after them.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

On the tripple healer - I think what happens is we end up running out of mana.

2 warriors come in - dps then run out with spell reflect on and/or do the Intervene thing on their team mate. This is annoying as hell because I just end up using all my mana. The healers LOS us if we go after them.
    Shoot to kill or don't shoot at all.

I'll let the little bastards come in waving their 1hander around. They don't do much dmg. I just put down the fire totems to apply passive dps and observe the positioning of the other member. When they put that shield down they are defenseless. With the shield up they can't hurt you. I just spam Watershield for lack of something better to do while they hit me and tell my paladin to save mana , i'll heal my self with rank 1 chainheal. If you let them pound on you with a twohander for short time you WILL get an opportunity to execute them. They can't kill you and run away at the same time.
    Absolute Power
    10 Boxing: Priest, Mage, Paladin x2, Warlock x2, Shaman x4
    Karazhan - 9 out of 11
    The Curator, Terestian Illhoof, Prince Malchezaar