Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: pet attack

Default pet attack

hey there,

i am looking for a macro that will let my pet attack a target. like petattack(); but that doesnt seem to work anymore, i have been searching on the official forums but i couldnt find anything.

Thanks.

http://wowwiki.com/Useful_macros/Hunter#Pet

Looks like it's just:
    [code:1]/petattack[/code:1]

FYI, if you just do /petattack, you will automagically target the nearest enemy (including PVP enemies) if you do not have a target. This can cause...unexpected results at times. I have my petattack macro as follows:

/assist focus
    /petdefensive
    /stopmacro [noharm]
    /petattack

Then my pet follow (aka "COME HERE, STUPID!") macro is:

/petfollow
    /petpassive

Works for me and doesn't get me into "oops" situations if I mistype and hit that key in a bad spot.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

thanks! works nice
    The Maelstrom (EU) PvP
    3 x Undead Priest

nice one Ughmahedhurtz, didnt think about it

*y-day my stupid voidwalkers pulled boss in such way"
    Coffee Resurrects.

Default Issues with /petattack

On my blog I recently wrote about problems i was getting with having all of my pets attack a target. i thought some of it might be relevant here.

Here's a copy;

For some time now I have been having some problems when using the /assist command to send in all five of my pets to attack a target I have selected. I originally had my main character put a macro on Key 2 for attacking a target. This macro would cast Hunter's Mark and then have the pet attack the target. All of my other characters would also have a macro on Key 2 that was set to /assist the main. I would then just select a target with the mouse, hit the Key 2 button and Keyclone would ensure that all characters hit the Key 2 button at the same time. In theory this would result in all 5 pets attacking the same target that I had selected.

I practice however, I would often get three pets attacking the target I wanted and one or two would attack another target that was in range but that I was not interested in. On more than one occasion this resulted in me pulling far more mobs than I wanted. Causing a wipe. This has been the cause of some anguish as I have been making my way around Azeroth. On investigation, this problem is caused by the interaction of the game client and the servers.

When I select a target and attack it, the game must send data reflecting this action to the game server. The server then has to send that confirmation data back to my client and notify all other clients with characters in that area, telling them of my actions. The game client must then take this data and update the graphics for each client screen and make it possible for each client to react. This of course takes time and on some connections on some occasions, this can take longer than the time it takes you to press key commands at the keyboard.

In order to solve this problem, I now have my pet attack commands spread over two keys (Keys 2 & 3). On the first I have /petattack for my main character's pet with nothing for the support characters, and the second key is only used by the support characters to /assist the main and send in their pets. I also ensure that the autoattack on /assist feature is disabled to ensure that they don't start firing at the target until I am ready. By doing this I ensure that there will always be enough time for the support character clients to know which target I am attacking. They will then be able to assist my main character by attacking the right target.

Since doing this I haven't had a single instance of one of the pets attacking a different target than I wanted. However, it does take up two buttons on the primary attack bar and it is a bit slower to get attacks started. But this is still a much better solution overall.

Hope it is of some use to you.
    Checkout how my 5 man Hunter team is progressing at;

http://www.sabersquadron.info