Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default [WoW] Follow Spacing setting/addon?

Hey,

I hate how far back my clones follow my main. Is there a setting to the /follow command or an Add-On that will close the gap?

I would prefer my clones to get as tight as possible and stack on my main. Until I use the spread key, if I so choose...

Also, using KeyClone is there a way to map the left+right mouse down action of my main (i.e. moving the main toon via the mouse), to trigger the /follow macro of the clones?

If not, I guess I would like to try and map it to the thumb button of the mouse (main), to trigger the /follow macro on all the clones...

Any ideas?

/follow is a set routine in WoW. No way to change it unless you use software that will quickly get you banned, and even then I think it's about the same because the client lag is what it is. :P

Note that if you use your mouse on your main to control your alts (say, with Multiplicity or Synergy) make sure you have that same mouse on your alts. My alts have cheapie 3-button mice and my main has a 5-button mouse. This prevents me from being able to use my thumb button for targeting on the alts.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

You used to be able to adjust the follow distance, but bliz removed that feature unfortunately...
    The Zerg (Magtheridon - US)

Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.

Just a thought, but what if you put speed enchant on your toons boots, but not on your main? It should have shorten the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by johny_mnemonic
    Just a thought, but what if you put speed enchant on your toons boots, but not on your main? It should have shorten the distance.
    I dont think boots speed would change follow distance. It will just affect time needed for toons to get to the closest fixed distance of /follow target.
    Coffee Resurrects.

I think it should work, because when you stay and your toons are following you, the gap is short, but when you run the distance between main/toons is larger until you stop and the toons catch you. So the speed enchant should help toons to catch you before you stop and therefore making the gap short. I dont tested it yet, but will try after going home from work.

first of all this enchant doesnt give that big speed increase

also if it would be faster, this would work not each time. You know if toons are faster then you, they will follow, then stop for a sec, then follow again
    Coffee Resurrects.

Hi porc. sorry about the slow response (didn't see the post in Macros)

currently, keyclone does not recognize left+right clicks... just left OR right. it does recognize the modifiers (alt/ctrl/shift), so that may help.

personally, i tie my /follow macro to the right click and that works pretty well. i also tie my left click to /assist

i need to figure out what type of message comes in for the other mouse clicks (like the thumb button or wheel action) so i can support those in keyclone.

Speed enchants dont change the gap, just like /following a toon while on a mount doesnt close the gap. However if you have lag issues I have found that having the following characters with a ridingcrop or some other item does help maintain follow at times. Though it might be a warm feeling I get when it pans out.