Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 27

I've already decided to change the name before I officially release the app. Mostly because I don't really care what it's called either way.

No idea yet what I'll rename it to, but whatever. Maybe something like "KeyCloneClone" :shock: *just kidding*

Quote Originally Posted by Rin
    Right.

@Shogun - Then why not come up with an original name? It's not about him making money off of the name, its merely good ethical practice to come up with something original when naming products. Or would you disagree with this too?
    I agree totally with the unoriginal part, but I just don't think it's as big of a deal as some of the previous comments, so I was being an ass for the sake of it

How about naming it "Too many people with no vested interest had an opinion"? I mean it wont fit under an icon very well, but I bet the domain name is available .
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

I hate to sound pricklish but in the future, I suggest you folks take it to PMs if you have issues with someone's creative decisions, especially when you're operating on false assumptions. I'd also suggest that you give the KeyClone author credit for having the gumption and wherewithal to handle this personally if he/she has issues with it.

I'd really like to see our forums remain free of needless thread hijacks.

Back on a more positive note, thanks to the OP for contributing something worthwhile to a part of the community that I'm sure appreciates having this tool available. /beersalute
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

How ironic; the community gave keyclone almost the same exact shit when he first announce his application. I swear people just can't keep their opinions to themselves.

My hats off to both developers and to reiterate Ughmahedhurtz, thanks for helping the community with your time and effort.

You are all missing the point:

This app kicks arse for mac users expecially the ones on intel, laptops etc. If you have a mac book pro you can now effortlessly run 4 copies of wow and two box 5 toons.
    I tried it and it is 100 times better than anything Butler or Ikey can do, it is faster and more efficient and the screens do not have to sequence as you press a key.

This application alone is going to open the doors to the whole mac community in multi-boxing by making it cash efficient (no need to buy 4 machines, 4 copies of windows etc.).

I can t wait for this to support key clicks from xkeys. Once it does the sky is the limit for us mac users. Thank you so much again for making this app.

I appreciate the effort done as well, could you make a post on the general forums so I can move it to the software section where it can have it's own thread to help others, along with a guide/ download.

i don't really mind what he calls it... entirely up to him. i would appreciate some mention on the UI for keyclone as to its basis of inspiration. (clickable link would also be nice).

as for CloneKey in particular... be careful.. as far as i can tell, those macro capabilities (which i specifically avoided) would make it a bannable product. no macros, no timed or delayed actions... otherwise, ban-hammer.

i would also be willing to work with the author to coordinate protocols so it could connect to keyclone from other pcs. this would enable full mac & pc support using the 2 apps. (do you know UDP?) of course, the only problem here would be the difference between platforms and how key events are handled.

hotstrings would be portable though

I appreciate that Keyclone... Since you don't care, I'll probably leave the name as is, and I'll definitely provide links to keyclone for the PC folks. I'll send you a PM on coordinating protocols, which I think is an awesome idea.

As for Macros, I don't plan to support anything like that. Just a straight cloning of pressed keys. I don't even plan to support keymaps like keyclone does (at least initially).

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun
    And then pretend that the first car can only be driven on Earth, while the other can only be used on Mars. One's for PC, and the other is on the Mac, and he's not making money off of the name
    its not about money and its not about taking away his customers. its about respecting a solid product by not potentially damaging its reputation and validity by immitating its title with an unproven product. if keyclone is happy to let it be, thats great. my point was that it would have been nice if people had been considerate enough to check that before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by keyclone
    as for CloneKey in particular... be careful.. as far as i can tell, those macro capabilities (which i specifically avoided) would make it a bannable product. no macros, no timed or delayed actions... otherwise, ban-hammer.
    and, since its open source (and thus changeable) blizzard has no guarantee or control or communication over its functionality, and has a basically identical name as yours.. i wouldnt be surprised at all to see a company like blizzard lump them all into one basket and ban the lot because one tard decides to use it to bot. when youre dealing with a product name theres a lot to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by zanthor
    How about naming it "Too many people with no vested interest had an opinion"? I mean it wont fit under an icon very well, but I bet the domain name is available .
    read above to see my vested interest =P i have 6 PC's that run keyclone in multiple games as my primary method of broadcasting keys. if keyclone gets banned because of poorly thought out immitation software i will not be pleased.